MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70   Go Down

Author Topic: Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?  (Read 77431 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?
« Reply #1020 on: December 23, 2018, 12:45:58 PM »

The road comm says all it's money so they can run snowplows on the 3 interstates..

Kisonias published my letter in yesterday's MN.  I suggest you read it.  Cannot wait for a lame answer from Randy Pierce.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1021 on: December 23, 2018, 07:00:26 PM »

Kisonias published my letter in yesterday's MN.  I suggest you read it.  Cannot wait for a lame answer from Randy Pierce.

My guess is you will have a long wait.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1022 on: December 23, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »

My guess is you will have a long wait.
  Maybe not, I'm planning on sending a copy to Randy Pierce...

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1023 on: December 23, 2018, 08:28:33 PM »

Maybe not, I'm planning on sending a copy to Randy Pierce...

Care to post the highlights here?  For the reading pleasure of those of us that don't have a need for paper to line bird cages and litter boxes?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1024 on: December 24, 2018, 08:23:22 AM »

Care to post the highlights here?  For the reading pleasure of those of us that don't have a need for paper to line bird cages and litter boxes?

Certainly.  I believe in agitating, just ask BRD....lol  Of course it's only agitation when it hits home.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1025 on: December 24, 2018, 08:41:48 AM »

I dont get the paper anymore because the carrier either didn't like going a few miles out of the way for just one paper or someone on my street would steal it.  I can't see the article you mention when I look online.  The MEN doesn't put much online unless you pay for it

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1026 on: December 24, 2018, 09:55:33 AM »

I dont get the paper anymore because the carrier either didn't like going a few miles out of the way for just one paper or someone on my street would steal it.  I can't see the article you mention when I look online.  The MEN doesn't put much online unless you pay for it

It fascinates me that the MEN does that.

Seems to me like much better papers make their money online by advertising as you click on more and more links.

The fact that the News wants you to pay to even look to me is an admission that they don't have many links to click on in the first place.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1027 on: December 25, 2018, 10:30:32 PM »

It fascinates me that the MEN does that.

Seems to me like much better papers make their money online by advertising as you click on more and more links.

The fact that the News wants you to pay to even look to me is an admission that they don't have many links to click on in the first place.

Probably not.  Look at the town they are in.  Going down the tubes.  Maybe the MN is following suit.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1028 on: December 26, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »

Probably not.  Look at the town they are in.  Going down the tubes.  Maybe the MN is following suit.

Its been a long and slow decline, but I believe the deterioration of Monroe is picking up steam. 

It doesn't seem like it can support the level of businesses it did in the past.

Kind of sad that some think a National Park is the solution - but there you have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1029 on: December 26, 2018, 09:24:57 PM »

It is marginally better than a defunct and rotting paper mill.  Marginally.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1030 on: December 26, 2018, 09:28:02 PM »

It will go into passing gear when DTE slam dunks them,  Ain't nothing left.  Is Detroit Stoker still around or did they fold too.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1031 on: December 26, 2018, 09:40:26 PM »

It will go into passing gear when DTE slam dunks them,  Ain't nothing left.  Is Detroit Stoker still around or did they fold too.

Maybe we should start a page documenting all the manufacturing businesses and companies that used to be around Monroe but is now long gone.

Ford.
Paper Mills.  This was Multiple Operations that covered BLOCKS of this City.  I think the only building still there is the now warehouse across from the Y that is rotting away mostly.
Monroe Auto Equipment (MFG) - Just a smoke stack left.
La Z Boy (MFG) - Turned into SR Housing.
Stoker a shell of its former past.
Monroe Castings....  Not sure if that was the name - at Front and Roessler.  The former home of the Firemans Dog.

I am sure I am missing many - but Monroe is no longer the town I grew up in.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1032 on: December 27, 2018, 08:23:47 AM »

Once you lose your industry (and employment), you become a bedroom community and your tax base goes south.  Even Dundee has industry, actually a lot of it on Plank road and more behind the high school.  People consider Dundee a bedroom community but it really isn't.

Once the industry leaves and the community has to rely on homeowners taxes for operating expenses, taxes go up because politicians NEVER operate on less, always MORE

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1033 on: December 27, 2018, 09:06:05 AM »

example in Toledo, another crap hole worse than Monroe.  They had nearly a millions left in one of the budget funds and just had to spent it because it was there.  Some wanted to put it toward streets which are really bad but the majority prevailed and they decided to upgrade the parks and spend most of it for new signs.   I think the punks and thugs already know where the parks are.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1034 on: December 27, 2018, 03:02:50 PM »

example in Toledo, another crap hole worse than Monroe.  They had nearly a millions left in one of the budget funds and just had to spent it because it was there.  Some wanted to put it toward streets which are really bad but the majority prevailed and they decided to upgrade the parks and spend most of it for new signs.   I think the punks and thugs already know where the parks are.

Toledo has had a long succession of crap mayors and corrupt city council's. and this new Pollack is no different.  He's an idiot just like the last one was. Carty Stinkfinger could do better.  Toledo City Council is nothing more that a bunch of money grubbing good old boys.  Glad I don't live there.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70   Go Up