MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Pets > Sadie Von Feline Terrorist

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Sadie Von Feline Terrorist  (Read 23529 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Sadie Von Feline Terrorist
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2013, 08:45:13 PM »

I still say she's a "majestic" looking dog - I love seeing her pictures - she is just so beautiful.  I had a dog several years ago that looked so similar to her - best dog I've ever owned - still miss him to this day.

Majestic -- lol, I think she is like most females of the species and knows when to strike a pose.  Thanks though, she does make for some good photos.

OMG Fuzz.  She is amazing! 

Thanks.....she is a hoot.  Still a lot of mischievous puppy in her and has been fun to play with.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 09:42:45 AM »

Took Sadie for a walk down to the river yesterday.  Mrs. Fuzz said she saw deer tracks in the backyard so Sadie wanted to verify it.  How she mistook rabbit tracks for deer tracks got to be an inside joke here yesterday.

We put some cat food out on the ice in anticipation of a quick thaw.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 09:53:21 AM »

I think she's one of the prettiest Shepherds I've seen. 

(Note:  I think I need a stronger pot of coffee this morning.  It took me a couple of reads to get the "catfood on the ice" thing. . . . . .  ;D ;D )

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2013, 10:00:38 AM »

Thanks......she does "stand" and "display" well, and has some pretty good markings.

Really curious how much her shape and appearance change when she puts on the other predicted 20 to 30#.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »

Fuzz...  if you would turn your new camera around and look up the river you'd probably be able to zoom right into RR's windows :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »

Thanks......she does "stand" and "display" well, and has some pretty good markings.

Really curious how much her shape and appearance change when she puts on the other predicted 20 to 30#.

I'd try to keep her on the 'light side' of that range if at all possible...   the BRD was up to 94 pounds when she was about 5 and it started to work on her back hips...   we've got her back to about 75 pounds and she does a lot better now.  She's not as tall as Sadie so Sadie should be some heavier though. 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »

Fuzz...  if you would turn your new camera around and look up the river you'd probably be able to zoom right into RR's windows :o :o :o

Yea, I know.  Already had that in mind as a secondary cannon target should for some reason the GD tackyass wine bottle tree disappear for some unknown reason.   ;)

I'd try to keep her on the 'light side' of that range if at all possible...   the BRD was up to 94 pounds when she was about 5 and it started to work on her back hips...   we've got her back to about 75 pounds and she does a lot better now.  She's not as tall as Sadie so Sadie should be some heavier though. 

Yea....we have really been monitoring how much we feed her, and based it on internet research.  We made that mistake with my old buddy Barlow and let him put on too much weight that had a terrible affect on him late in life with his hips.  I still miss that old boy.....most loving, well behaved dog I have ever seen.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2013, 10:11:35 AM »

What did her parents look like?  Were they that big? 

I can envision her bulked up like that and looking like an "uber-protector" and as goregous as ever. 

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »

I didn't see the parents, my in-laws did though.

The father was big boned and tall....came in around 125, and the mother was a tall female that came in around 110.  I thought heavy for a Shepard as well, but the bloodline sounds big.

I wasn't aware of it, but there are two German Shepard bloodlines......Eastern and Western.  Subtle differences between the two, but noticeable nonetheless.

Sadie is an Eastern.

DDR (Eastern) dogs have a strong, solid, lean, muscular body, heavy bone structure and a large massive head. They have dark pigmentation and are not as angulated as West German show dogs. These dogs have a strong temperament, great working ability and are well suited for Schutzhund, police work, search and rescue and many other tasks. Most importantly, DDR German Shepherds have a very low incidence and severity of hip dysplasia.

Eastern

Western

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2013, 10:33:30 AM »

Eastern huh?

So, instead of "BARK!"   She says,  "BAHK!" ? ? ? ?    ;D ;D ;D

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »

Yea, and I bet it is just hot as hell when a Western hears her bark.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »

No, she is not taking a dump (even I have a tad more class than that) but chasing her tail.  What a hoot to see her all excited running around in a circle on a very slick surface.  I was almost in tears watching her bust her hind end.

Later that evening after sleeping the afternoon away on the couch, she decided to try playing with one of the GD cats again.

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2013, 09:10:03 PM »

Beautiful dog Fuzz!!!!!!      :)
everyday is a new beginning....

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »

Thanks......she is seriously strong willed though.  I have my hands full trying to get her to obey....not always, but some times (outside only though).

A trainer from PetsMart told us this 9 month old in dog years is like the terrible 2's for kids.  I can really see it too.  Her saving grace is that she still keeps the cats in check.   ;)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2013, 07:54:55 AM »

I'm surprised at how much she loves the snow, and how she doesn't mind the bitter cold for a short-haired dog.  Snapped a few pics of her being playful and just hanging around outside.  She is right at or near 9 months old now, and appears to be to be starting to fill out and grow into those long lanky legs.

LOL, the snow still winds her up and she will chase her tail.

Still at the chewing age.....and always keep something around to distract her from woodwork or furniture

Sometimes just seems bored outside.

and never misses much movement by a bird, critter, or sound

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up