MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > A farm equipment question?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A farm equipment question?  (Read 16293 times)

arpydave

• Hero Talker
Re: A farm equipment question?
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2015, 09:31:21 AM »

Quote from: livewire link=topic=30148.msg705125#ms

[quote author=livewire link=topic=30148.msg705125#msg705125 date=1437484520

They're.  Take that.

Choking up my morning coffee and smoke and LMFAO!!!

Touche', good one!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:33:02 AM by arpydave »
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »

Well excuse the hell out of me.

I'll leave it the way it is, just to piss you off, mister grammar police.

They're.  Take that.

Hit him where it hurts Live!

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2015, 08:43:47 PM »

Well excuse the hell out of me.

I'll leave it the way it is, just to piss you off, mister grammar police.

They're.  Take that.
It's interesting to watch the right-wingers cheer you on from the cheap seats with words of encouragement...but what's really telling is that they think you're dumb enough to fall for it.

Well I must say they probably know you better than I do.  ;)

Choking up my morning coffee and smoke and LMFAO!!!

Touche', good one!

What fossils find funny is beyond me.

Hit him where it hurts Live!

;D
Really? Thanks for exemplifying how you've earned your nickname.  ;)
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2015, 09:57:07 PM »

Really? Thanks for exemplifying how you've earned your nickname.  ;)

Oh for crying out loud!

Can you get through 5 minutes of your life without thinking about the male genitalia!

Don't project your self hate obsession on me Fry.

Are you on the State Watch list yet?  It sure sounds like you should be.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2015, 10:02:17 PM »

Oh for crying out loud!

Can you get through 5 minutes of your life without thinking about the male genitalia!

Don't project your self hate obsession on me Fry.

Are you on the State Watch list yet?  It sure sounds like you should be.
LOL on what you thought your nickname was.

But I can see why you thought that.  ;)

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2015, 10:08:47 PM »

LOL on what you thought your nickname was.

But I can see why you thought that.  ;)

I don't know what you think my nickname is - but I know what yours is Mr. Weed.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2015, 10:13:37 PM »

I don't know what you think my nickname is - but I know what yours is Mr. Weed.
Well that's odd since I don't smoke.  8*

Like I said before...you're the "imbecile" of the forum.

But I guess that's not really a nickname since it's actually factual.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2015, 10:15:41 PM »

Well that's odd since I don't smoke.  8*

Like I said before...you're the "imbecile" of the forum.

But I guess that's not really a nickname since it's actually factual.

Gee Fry - isn't name calling against that list of rules you want the Admin to enforce?

Maybe someone should report you for bullying.....

;)
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2015, 10:19:29 PM »

I don't remember they're A having a pto.  They would come and get one of our Hs if they were running an elevator.  They had someone come in and bale their hay and then they'd pick it up in the field and put it in the barn.

That drawbar mount plow is probably approaching serious 'collector item' status. 

Try putting an ad on Epay with some ridiculous minimum and you might be very surprised ;) ;) ;)

The one my son has still has dual fuel which is one of the ways we know it's pre-1951.  The radiator shutters are long gone.  If you didn't crank them shut and back open on a regular basis they tended to freeze up.  The small tank is long gone too. 

The Hs my Dad had both still had working dual fuel setups (this would have been in the early 50s).  One major problem was if you stalled it the tractor under a heavy load and if it didn't catch the very first time you tried to restart it then you probably were not going to get it started without a hassle.  The carbs have a 'drain' valve on the side so you can close the distillate tank and open the gasoline tank and force all the distillate out of the lines and carb (drain it on the ground today and the EPA will be looking over your shoulder).

The Hs had a special exhaust manifold setup to help heat the distillate mixture to make it more combustible.  Those parts all tended to freeze up if not used regularly too.

My IH Cub Cadet Lowboy 154 had a 'thermo syphon' radiator setup...  no water circulating pump.  The water heats up and rises and when it cools down in the radiator it falls by itself without a pump.  Works great as long as you keep the radiator clean.  Seems like at least the older As used the same setup.

The PTO was an option on the A.  I had the original paperwork and manuals too.  I sold it and everything but the plow years ago.  You can come over anfd get the plow if you want it...  Would make a nice yard ornament.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2015, 10:21:44 PM »

The PTO was an option on the A.  I had the original paperwork and manuals too.  I sold it and everything but the plow years ago.  You can come over anfd get the plow if you want it...  Would make a nice yard ornament.

Probably be a nice chunk of change at the scrap yard too!

;)
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »

Scrap ain't worth shitte right now.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

Scrap ain't worth shitte right now.

I read someplace that Central American countries are paying big bucks for old US farming equipment.....

We just gotta get it to TX.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2015, 01:43:30 AM »

What fossils find funny is beyond me.

From what I've seen anything above Sesame Street or written in the National Enquirer is beyond you.

Here's a clue: ya ain't any smarter just cuz ya own a smart phone. And cutting and pasting articles from websites of dubious vetting and sourcing don't make ya king of the investigative journalists, either.
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2015, 03:57:13 AM »

From what I've seen anything above Sesame Street or written in the National Enquirer is beyond you.

Here's a clue: ya ain't any smarter just cuz ya own a smart phone. And cutting and pasting articles from websites of dubious vetting and sourcing don't make ya king of the investigative journalists, either.
Bizarre.

I suspect years of oxygen deprivation has taken its toll.

But then that's typical of right-wing squids...or maybe the correct term is bubblehead.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2015, 06:40:30 AM »

I'll take a look at it and maybe a couple of pictures.  That belongs on someone's parade perfect restoration project.  I think we might even have some members of one of the local collector clubs on here.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up