MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 268   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 193122 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #3900 on: December 19, 2018, 08:24:37 PM »

Isn't the City Manager that Patsue clown with the shitte eating smile on his face all the time?  Maybe he knows something we  don't.  Or maybe he's marking time and collecting a big paycheck.

Lets face it, Monroe has had it.  End of the gravy train (DTE) line.  Time to get off the train and go hide somewhere.

I find the fire department and the Nortel fiasco humorous.  Sounds like the Monroe County Road Commish.  Wonder if there is nepotism inter department?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3901 on: December 19, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »

I take this 90K being flushed down the toilet as the first sign that they are starting to realize how screwed they truly are.

When the City Manager quits spending money on consultants, and starts to do his job and make the cuts then maybe they will actually get it.

My guess is he will be fired before that happens. 

I'm guessing that will happen after the current bunch of idiots "serving" the citizens of Monroe quit or get voted out.

I would suggest to anyone in the City - if you can get out - get out now.  It's not going to get better for a long time.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3902 on: December 21, 2018, 03:33:02 PM »

Thank God!

The City of Monroe figured out why their fire department was the third on scene at Nortel, and they have figured out that if they spend more money for garage doors that are more difficult to maintain - then they will be able to get the trucks out of the fire station.

What a bunch of idiots!

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20181220/fire-station-door-style-changed
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3903 on: December 21, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »

now that's funny sh--t...Politicians always think people are stupid when it's them that are stupid

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3904 on: December 21, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »

It's not going to get better for a long time.

Will it ever get better??  I don't think so, as long as chimpanzee's are running the show.  What rock did this Patsue clown come from under?

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3905 on: December 21, 2018, 11:48:47 PM »

Will be interesting to see how long the "government"  remains shut down
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3906 on: December 22, 2018, 09:49:27 AM »

How will we know it's shutdown?

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3907 on: December 22, 2018, 09:56:08 AM »

Why would we care ?
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3908 on: December 22, 2018, 10:28:29 AM »

Why would we care ?

+1.

I have no doubt the department the collects taxes is essential - so how could I tell the difference?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3909 on: December 22, 2018, 11:23:31 AM »

and the workers  oops,,employees get paid anyway

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3910 on: December 26, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »

I see our new Governor Elect is promising to re-start the free bottled water to Flint until "ALL" the lead pipes have been replaced.

Uh - if this is her position - shouldn't she give free bottled water to anyone in any community that has lead pipes?

I know Monroe would be on that list - and I don't see anyone offering to pay to replace the pipes up the houses the way they are in Flint.  Nope - in most communities that bill would be given to the homeowners.

I'm just looking for consistency in her policies.  If the state taxpayers should pay for bottled water in Flint - shouldn't they do it for every other community with the same problem too?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3911 on: December 27, 2018, 11:10:31 PM »

Well I just looked at my last check stub for the year and figured my taxes. Last year I got back $1,200. This year the only changes I made was I earned about $4,000 more and now I OWE $850. Thanks for the tax changes DONALD DUMP.

They did make it a lot easier though. No EZ or A just the 1040. No deductions other than your personal deductions and business expenses.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3912 on: December 28, 2018, 08:41:08 AM »

I'd say you did pretty well.   You made another $4000 and government only took half of it.  The $4000 probably moved up to another higher tax rate bracket.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3913 on: December 28, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »

Only a complete imbecile would think that what you got back last year to what you paid this year means anything.

I would think a better measurable would be how much tax you paid on how much income, and from those two calculate a marginal tax rate.

Oh well - Baby Hitler had his narrative all year, and we will never know if he paid a lower percentage or not.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3914 on: December 29, 2018, 08:35:30 AM »

Only a complete imbecile would think that what you got back last year to what you paid this year means anything.

Wow, lets be coarse.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 268   Go Up