MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 276   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 213606 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #4035 on: April 28, 2019, 10:06:14 AM »

I've read that torture is SOP in Mexican prison.  Prisoners are expendable anyway.  Less people, less cost.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4036 on: May 01, 2019, 10:41:33 PM »

Never considered that he wanted to be thrown into a Mexican Jail intentionally.

Mexican Jail is not a nice place.

It is everything a jail should be.

I bet you they don't even care about keeping "families" together in Mexico.

----------------

Speaking of this and that, I recall reading something a few years back that Mexican Federales used to practice interrogation with warm bottled soda, the one that sounds like the drug.  The interviewee would be tilted backwards and asked a few questions and if the response wasn't exactly what was needed ... Somebody would hand shake the warm  'pop' drink, then the cap point it toward his nostrils and it implied that information flowed like a runaway printer. Horrible thing to do, and I don't know how accurate that was but it sounds about lright.  Jusy absolute Third World barbarism.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4037 on: May 02, 2019, 09:18:48 AM »

Speaking of jails, I just read the NYC governor diBlasio has ordered that all prisoners now get free unlimited phone calls.  It's not right that they get cut off from friends and relatives.  Well, wasn't that the point of putting them there? 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4038 on: May 02, 2019, 08:06:59 PM »

DiBlowhole is another moron.  He and AOC should shack up together.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4039 on: May 02, 2019, 08:10:04 PM »

----------------

Speaking of this and that, I recall reading something a few years back that Mexican Federales used to practice interrogation with warm bottled soda, the one that sounds like the drug.  The interviewee would be tilted backwards and asked a few questions and if the response wasn't exactly what was needed ... Somebody would hand shake the warm  'pop' drink, then the cap point it toward his nostrils and it implied that information flowed like a runaway printer. Horrible thing to do, and I don't know how accurate that was but it sounds about lright.  Jusy absolute Third World barbarism.

I read somewhere that they would strip a prisoner for interrogation, tie him or her up and put them under a cold shower and then take a cattle prod and insert it in any available orfice and turn it on.  Sounds wonderful don't it?

Almost as good as smashing fingers one at a time with a hammer.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4040 on: May 06, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »

Nice.

Now Dana is going directly after the Catholic Church.

I guess there is only separation of the Government from religion - but the Government is free to go after a church.

I can see charging priests - but investigating the whole church?

Dana makes my skin crawl.  She is like a glimpse at the future of what a totalitarian Government will be like,.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/05/06/attorneys-review-massive-number-documents-church-investigation/1119592001/
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4041 on: May 11, 2019, 05:51:20 PM »

I sincerely hope she and her sidekick Whitless are one termers.  Neither are worth the powder to blow them up.  I suspect after this insurance fiasco, Whitless will be done anyway.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4042 on: May 22, 2019, 08:24:19 PM »

Who needs courts to determine the Constitutionality of laws - when you have an Attorney General willing to do it all herself?

I guess according to Dana that any law that goes beyond the strict letter of the Constitution is no good.

Wouldn't that mean that a great number of laws in this State are unconstitutional?  Or is it only laws that interfere with her parties political agenda that are no good?

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/05/ag-nessel-finds-lame-duck-law-complicating-petition-drives-unconstitutional.html
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4043 on: May 23, 2019, 11:44:38 PM »

I hope the Monroe County Commish come to their senses and  remove the drunk from his office.  He was found guilty of operating under the influence and causing a damage accident and leaving h scene.

He needs to go, plain and simple.

Like a bad stain on local politics.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4044 on: May 24, 2019, 09:39:44 AM »

Im not sure he was found guilty after the latest incident.  Although I believe he has been found guilty before he was elected.  Perhaps nobody that voted for him knew much of his past.  I don't know the guy and certainly not defending him. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:47:25 AM by blue2 »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4045 on: May 24, 2019, 09:39:02 PM »

Was fond guilty on a change of venue.  Tried in Lenawee, not Monroe.  Read it in the Telegram and the Blade.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4046 on: May 24, 2019, 10:00:05 PM »

Was fond guilty on a change of venue.  Tried in Lenawee, not Monroe.  Read it in the Telegram and the Blade.

Are you saying the local paper failed to cover it?

Shocking.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4047 on: May 25, 2019, 12:06:01 AM »

Was never in the MN.  If it ain't on the wire, the MN don't print it.  Interestingly, the Adrian Telegram and the MN have the same staff.  The Telegram is a much better rag.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4048 on: May 25, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »

It is shocking how little local coverage the Monroe News does.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4049 on: May 26, 2019, 10:25:32 AM »

It is shocking how little local coverage the Monroe News does.

Kind of surprised it hasn't folded (pun intended).  Their advertising rates are almost twice that of the Blade.

We get them all but other than the liberal leaning editorials in the Blade, I prefer it over all the others and the Blade 'Second News' covers Monroe County and Lenawee too.

Guess it survives because the printing plant is here (Monroe County).  They print the Telegram, the MN and I think the Dundee Independent too.

Think it would be financially better for them to fold it (pun intended again).
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 276   Go Up