MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 87   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)  (Read 84312 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)
« Reply #1215 on: November 25, 2018, 03:53:36 PM »

Don't know if I'd call it a 'choke'.  More like a joke.  All the hype building up to the game and then a rout.  Oh well, Michigan is last in lots of things.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1216 on: November 26, 2018, 08:41:30 AM »

Never thought I'd see Michigan defense play that bad...

But now there's a bowl -  and guess what -   Basketball is pretty good for M lately 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1217 on: November 26, 2018, 09:36:54 AM »

Michigan's pass defense has not been that good all year.  They've just played a bunch of teams that don't pass very well.  There isn't a lot of speed in the secondary.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1218 on: November 26, 2018, 10:25:01 AM »

Never thought I'd see Michigan defense play that bad...

But now there's a bowl -  and guess what -   Basketball is pretty good for M lately

Think about it Prof, they were stoned due to the passage of legal marijuana use.  All Michigan sports will be on the decline due to legal killer, demon weed.  Chances are Nassar was an occasional or regular stoner.  Our children will live in fear, and top recruits who are not users will avoid Michigan because of concern for their girlfriends, parents and family will be raped, beaten, and robbed by gangs of pot smokers who are trying to get money for their next marijuana fix.

Until Ohio legalizes this society degradation drug then OSU will always beat us.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1219 on: November 26, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »

Don't worry Fuzz . . . That problem will end soon.

It's a well known fact that almost everyone smoking that evil weed will die within the next 90 years.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1220 on: November 26, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »

Think about it Prof, they were stoned due to the passage of legal marijuana use.  All Michigan sports will be on the decline due to legal killer, demon weed.  Chances are Nassar was an occasional or regular stoner.  Our children will live in fear, and top recruits who are not users will avoid Michigan because of concern for their girlfriends, parents and family will be raped, beaten, and robbed by gangs of pot smokers who are trying to get money for their next marijuana fix.

Until Ohio legalizes this society degradation drug then OSU will always beat us.

The bugeye has been working on the medical regs for 2 years now,  Imagine how long it will take Michigan.  At lwast Ohio has the Castle Act, unlike Michigan.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1221 on: November 30, 2018, 09:04:51 PM »

I thought Michigan would beat OSU. After watching MSU pressure Haskins I believed Michigan would do the same, and I believed we could run on them after seeing Maryland put up like 400 yards rushing. Wrong on both counts. I believe the difference maker was they were unable to pressure Haskins. Zero sacks, and even worse, not even any quarterback hurries.
Against a potent passing attack like OSU you can't allow an accurate passer like Haskins to sit back and wait for his speedy receivers to get open against man to man defense. Case closed.
Very disappointed in Don Brown defense.
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1222 on: December 01, 2018, 09:37:08 AM »

Very puzzling indeed... They definitely needed to rush Haskins just like the suckeyes did Patterson.  Brown surely didn't think his DB's had the speed to cover the suckeyes receivers?  And the way Patterson has rolled out all season I'd a though he would have done that against the suckeye big pass rush but he didn't.  Was that his choice of Harbaugh?  The turning point for me was the block punt for a TD.  Michigan kind of quit after that

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1223 on: December 01, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »

Very puzzling indeed... They definitely needed to rush Haskins just like the suckeyes did Patterson.  Brown surely didn't think his DB's had the speed to cover the suckeyes receivers?  And the way Patterson has rolled out all season I'd a though he would have done that against the suckeye big pass rush but he didn't.  Was that his choice of Harbaugh?  The turning point for me was the block punt for a TD.  Michigan kind of quit after that

It was over after that. 

Another L in the vs OSU column.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1224 on: December 01, 2018, 02:01:05 PM »

Texas is blowing it -  so it appears Ohio State will make it to the Rose Bowl... 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1225 on: December 01, 2018, 06:01:48 PM »

Does that mean MSU will make the toilet bowl?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1226 on: December 02, 2018, 07:25:58 PM »

The Packers can't take one mediocre season without firing their coach?

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1227 on: December 02, 2018, 09:10:49 PM »

I read that Urban is done after the 19 season.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1228 on: December 04, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »

Apparently he's done after the Rose Bowl and the temp guy is getting the job without a job search...

Pretty puzzling on the replacement - but It will be good to see a no name out recruiting -  they will have to give him a larger $$ budget to payout recruits!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1229 on: December 04, 2018, 09:52:22 AM »

the assistant may be a good coach.  but good coaching isn't what wins football games.  It's all in the recruiting and only urbie and Sabin have it.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 87   Go Up