MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Missing Persons / Amber Alerts > Missing 20 yr old Ohio woman may be in Michigan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing 20 yr old Ohio woman may be in Michigan  (Read 4003 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Missing 20 yr old Ohio woman may be in Michigan
« on: July 20, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »

Fulton county is just west of the Toledo Express airport and overlaps both Lenawee and Hillsdale counties.  She was riding a bicycle so unless she found a ride she is probably not in Monroe County. 

And on the other hand I did just see that the FBI is now actively involved in searching for her so that may not be a good sign!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20160720/missing-ohio-woman-may-be-in-michigan

And just found this article that says they have found her bike and it appears there may have been a scuffle at that location.

http://www.wtol.com/story/32486222/missing-fulton-co-sheriffs-office-looks-for-20-year-old-woman-last-seen-riding-bike?clienttype=generic&sf31359064=1

I never did see why they thought she might be in Michigan but I'll be keeping my eyes open for her!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
Re: Missing 20 yr old Ohio woman may be in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 03:35:56 PM »

Evergreen school district runs east almost to Sylvania which would put it across the state line from the Whiteford Township area.  But that is all Lucas County so not sure why the Fulton County Sheriff would be involved if it were in Lucas County.  I'm still watching out for her.  Saw two gals ride by a bit ago but neither one looked like her.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »

This article explains why they think she may be in Michigan.  Also that she is from the Lyons, OH area which is just west of M52 which runs straight south out of Adrian.

Also raises some questions about her boyfriend though :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.people.com/article/missing-hio-woman-last-seen-tuesday-riding-bike

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 04:01:56 PM »

I hope every female understands they cannot go anywhere by themselves...Even young males that can't defend themselves..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 08:26:54 AM »

I see on Twitter that they were starting with search teams again this morning at 8am. 

They found her bicycle in a corn field about 4 or 5 rows in from the shoulder of the road.  That is big corn country down there and with the corn this tall you need to have a search person in about every other row because of the very limited visibility. 

They did have a dog searching yesterday near where the bicycle was found.  The Michigan State Police are also involved although I didn't see if they are working in Ohio or in Michigan :-\ :-\ :-\

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »

This doesn't sound like it's going to have a good ending.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »

This doesn't sound like it's going to have a good ending.

One article I saw yesterday one of the news people asked the sheriff specifically 'why' they FBI was brought in so early and the sheriff was typically evasive in his reply...

along the line of 'we have our reasons' and that quite usually means a bad ending :( :( :(

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 01:09:46 PM »

I saw on Twitter while I was out and about that there is now a $25,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts. 

I'll have to do a little digging to see if I can find out who is behind it.

I'm a little frustrated with some of the so called journalists and their coverage of this event.  I've seen several articles that mention that her bicycle has been recovered but then those same journalists end that same article with the comment "she was last seen riding a purple bicycle"...

makes it sound to many people like they should probably be looking for a gal riding a purple bicycle :( :( :(

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 01:17:47 PM »

I wonder what the odds are that the person (assuming there is only one) behind her disappearance is the same person behind the disappearance of Chelsea Bruck in Newport?  About 35-40 miles 'as the crow flies' between the two scenes...

at least we can rule out the creep from Muskegon...

I think his days of chasing after women on bicycles are all done!!! 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 01:38:04 PM »

This article mentions that the reward is being provided by a  private donor but doesn't mention any names.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/21/Woman-missing-volunteers-help-search.html

Also mentions that they would like to talk to a man that may have witnessed her riding her bicycle after the boyfriend left her. 

I also saw another article that said there are no persons of interest at this time!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 05:15:49 PM »

I'm picking up on one little comment someone made about her being very headstrong.  Assuming her and boy friend had disagreement and she rode off.  And he went home. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 05:26:27 PM »

I'm picking up on one little comment someone made about her being very headstrong.  Assuming her and boy friend had disagreement and she rode off.  And he went home.

I'd seen more than one news report that said he had left on good terms...

wasn't quite sure where that all fit into things :-\ :-\ :-\

But several reports have said he is NOT a person of interest and that he is cooperating.

I had 'assumed' he was also riding a bicycle but saw a report today that said he was riding a motorcycle.  If that's the case he could easily have gotten ahead of her and been waiting for her when she was on her way home.  I found a pretty good description of where they found her bicycle along with the scene of a possible struggle and it is very remote.  One house in about a half mile stretch and with all the corn you'd have to be right there to see anything! 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 11:07:46 PM »

I hope every female understands they cannot go anywhere by themselves...Even young males that can't defend themselves..

Only is packing.... ;D

and I don't mean a sandwich either.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 08:49:18 AM »

The organized ground search resumes at noon today.  Probably giving some time for the corn fields to dry out first!

I did see yesterday that they were finally looking for citizen volunteers.  The circle must be expanding beyond what they can cover with LE and FD responders.

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 09:41:37 AM »

From other forums and FB I have learned some facts from people close to this young couple.

She and the  boyfriend have been best friends since she was about 10 years old, and dated "forever".  Plans were to marry.   Not likely the boyfriend would have taken a picture of her on the ride and then given it to LE for the poster.  She had been visiting her boyfriend and he accompanied her back  almost to her home, when he turned back and she continued onto her own street.  At 6:45 pm in an area she was very familiar with, I doubt they were worried about anything untoward occurring.  (not the best attitude in this day, but young people feel fearless.)  From what I have learned, she was a runner, athletic, had taken a protection course of some kind.  Her home is surrounded  by corn fields, mainly grown for animal feed.  She had her cell phone, so probably thought if anything ever happened it would be one source of help. 

Apparently barns and other outbuildings in the immediate vicinity have been or are being searched. 

So few houses in that area and the corn is growing higher, making road visibility lower...... it is no wonder nothing was seen or heard.   It was early evening and still quite light, a time we usually feel safe.  No one started to worry for quite some time.  Hopefully, someone riding an ATV or bike may have seen something of value to LE.   

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up