MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...  (Read 201 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »

This begs a new thread...lol

One has to wonder what Whitmer is thinking (or is she capable of rational thought) when it comes to fixing Michigan Roads.  Imposing a 42 cent per gallon motor fuel tax on Michigan citizens is insane, especially coupled with the no-fault MCCA addendum.

People cannot afford that in this state.  Maybe she and her cronies can but I cannot.

I thought DeWhine at 21 cents was insane.  Guess if she imposes a 42 cent surcharge, I'll be back to buying Ohio gas again.  No way am I funding her insane plan if I can help it.

I don't see it happening with a Republican controlled house and senate though.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 04:49:58 PM »

And what makes the 42 cents worse is not all of it is going to the roads.  That's just plain ignorant to propose that big of an increase to fix something that's been neglected for years and then only use part of it to fix the roads...If the republicans buy into this they are as stoopid as her.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:29:29 PM »

I don't think they will.  No reason to.  In fact, no reason to buy into any of her hair brained ideas.  I always find it interesting that politicians promise the world when running for office and then when they get elected, get a brain fart.

Like DeWhine in Ohio.  Promised no new taxes and then wham, new taxes.  At least DeWhine only did HALF as much.  Witless went all out.

I really wish Brian Calley was governor.  At least he has some common sense.

The file picture the rags use don't she look just like Granholm?  That evil smile.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: [1]   Go Up