MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Another season of Sucko Secondary Roads...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Another season of Sucko Secondary Roads...  (Read 1142 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Another season of Sucko Secondary Roads...
« on: December 15, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »

CL and I have lived out here for around 35 years now and every year the secondary road out front has gotten worse.  No amount of grading and gravel helps, the gravel just vanishes in a day or two in the quagmire, replace with goo and potholes.  Every secondary road in Moron (yes, moron) County that I drive on is the same, a quagmire, saturated road bed, laced with deep potholes...

The MCRC don't seem to care for if they did, they'd recognize the obvious issue, something that don't take a rocket scientist to understand...

If the road bed is lower than the berms on each side and there are no below grade drainage ditches for the water to flow into, the roadbed remains saturated and any application of gravel just vanishes in the sand in a day or so.

If the MCRC got off it's lazy arse and instiuted a comprehensive program of cutting roadside ditches and berms, the secondary roads in this county would look like those in Lenawee County.  I live about 3/4 mile from Lenawee County and the road I live on (Mc Carty) makes an astonishing change when you cross the county line.  Why?  Because the road bed is higher than the berms and there are drainage ditches at least on one side of the road for the water to drain into.

Amazing how a simple solution that totally escapes the MCRC, but then I expect no less from them.  The MCRC is a total waste of tax dollars from what I see.

Finally, the MCRC owns a Gradall with a ditch bucket that sits in their facility on Telegraph.  They need to use it instead of it being a ornament paid for with tax dollars.

Idiots.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Another season of Sucko Secondary Roads...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »

I just wrote a letter to the Monroe News as well.  I was a bit nicer than I am here....lol

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 06:49:14 AM »

I live close enough to Douglas Rd that when an illegal truck goes down it all the dishes in my cupboard rattle.  Years ago when they rebuilt it my neighbor and I told them when they started working that water from the west side ditch ran under the road to the ditch on our side and of course the road settled leaving a gap and depression.  It was real visible.  The engineer told us we were nuts.  We tried to show him but he wouldn't have any of it.  Shortly after rebuilding it began to sink and now every heavy vehicle makes a thump that sometimes the house shakes or you can hear the load shifting..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 09:33:21 AM »

The road out here has vanished in a sea of mud and water...  par for the course in Moron County.  This spring I'll be out collecting car parts to add to my scrap collection. Mufflers. ball joints, hub caps and assorted stuff that has come off the vehicles flying down the road at 50 per bouncing through the 2 foot deep potholes.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »

The road out here has vanished in a sea of mud and water...  par for the course in Moron County.  This spring I'll be out collecting car parts to add to my scrap collection. Mufflers. ball joints, hub caps and assorted stuff that has come off the vehicles flying down the road at 50 per bouncing through the 2 foot deep potholes.

I'm kind of hoping the gentle breezes we are having today will dry out some of the mud holes.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 02:17:11 PM »

You mean I'm coming back to that!   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 10:08:55 PM »

You mean I'm coming back to that!

Yep, snow too...lol

I see Randy Pierce is going to Lansing to meet with the state of the contract cancellation and Zorn is mediating.  That won't turn out well.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 09:08:31 AM »

I think the state is going to throw more money at Pierce and he'll come running home with his pockets full.  And the Moron Road commission will continue to neglect our county/local roads.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 01:26:38 PM »

I think you are probably right.  The Moron County Road Commish operates on the greed principle.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 05:29:20 PM »

I think you are probably right.  The Moron County Road Commish operates on the greed principle.

Yep.  More money to distribute among their fine Union Workforce for not maintaining the counties roads.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 10:57:41 AM »

Can't read the article in the MEN today because I've exceeded my limit but there is article that appears the moron road comm still negotiating with the state on maintaining the state roads...  Just say no and take care of our roads. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 01:54:38 PM »

Can't read the article in the MEN today because I've exceeded my limit but there is article that appears the moron road comm still negotiating with the state on maintaining the state roads...  Just say no and take care of our roads.

We get the print edition and yes, it's there.  Looks to me like Pace isn't happy with the options and neither is the state.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »

It's the state's problem. Our contract is up and they can take care of their own damn roads !!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 09:01:09 PM »

It's the state's problem. Our contract is up and they can take care of their own damn roads !!

Lenawee seems to do just fine without dealing with state trunklines.

I'm sure they will when Witless rolls in the 45 cent fuel tax....lol  I'll be back to buying my gas in Ohio.  Do you realize that my off road red dyed diesel will cost me what on road cost me now when that happens???

I do find it hard to believe Pace's statement about loosing 3 million  year on the MDOT contract.  If they were loosing 3 mil a year why didn't they change it right away?  Poor accounting maybe?

Knowing the Moron County Road Commish like I do, I'll be really surprised if the level of competence as far as road maintenance improves at all.  If anything it will probably get worse.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up