MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Obama campaign to use Toledo event to layout rescue plan

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama campaign to use Toledo event to layout rescue plan  (Read 1110 times)

zard0z

Obama campaign to use Toledo event to layout rescue plan
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:12:24 AM »

By TOM TROY
BLADE POLITICS WRITER

Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama plans to use his
speech at today's rally at the SeaGate Convention Centre to unveil a major economic policy address.

Mr. Obama is staying with top advisors at the Maumee Bay State Park lodge in Oregon to prepare for a presidential debate with Republican nominee Senator John McCain on Wednesday in New York.

The Obama campaign announced that they will use his Toledo event to lay out
his 'economic rescue plan for the middle class.'

The campaign said that the economy is facing its greatest uncertainty in over 70 years, has lost 760,000 jobs this year, and has an unemployment rate that is expected to reach 8 percent. Mr. Obama's campaign said that family incomes declined by $2,000 between 2000 and 2007.

He will appear at the SeaGate Centre at 1:30 p.m. which will hold about 3,500 people, and no more tickets are available.

Mr. Obama arrived in Toledo yesterday for the start of three days of intensive preparation for Wednesday's final presidential debate, but he first made an unscheduled stop in a Springfield Township neighborhood to canvass for votes.

The candidate surprised residents of the working-class Lincoln Green neighborhood off McCord Road when his motorcade made the unannounced stop on the way in from Toledo Express Airport.

Wearing a white shirt, suit trousers, and no tie, Mr. Obama chatted, joked, hugged, posed, and debated for 45 minutes with the folks of Shrewsbury Street who came out of their homes to meet him.

Rachel Jesko, 28, a teacher, was dropping off her friend when she saw the motorcade in the neighborhood.

She started crying as he walked toward her, and then followed him up the street.
'I love him. I think he's going to bring the change we need,' Ms. Jesko said.

Tom Puhl, 63, a retired electrical designer, said he had made up his mind in favor of Senator Obama early. He said the neighborhood has a lot of empty, foreclosed homes.

'He came off completely gen-uine and that's what impresses me,' Mr. Puhl said.

Senator Obama also responded to a Page 1 Sunday letter to him from John Robinson Block, co-publisher and editor-in-chief of The Blade, asking the presidential candidate: 'Do all Americans who want to work have the right to a job where they live?'

Mr. Obama declined to give a simple yes or no answer, but in a written response and in an answer to the same question shouted at him, Mr. Obama appeared to agree in principle.

'I agree that everyone who is willing and able to work should be able to find a job that pays a living wage,' he said as he entered the lodge at Maumee Bay State Park, where he and some of his top advisers are to spend the next few days preparing for the televised debate.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Obama campaign to use Toledo event to layout rescue plan
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »

I saw an article a few days ago (dont' remember if it was the Blade or one of the Toledo TV station websites) about all the prep work they were doing out at Maumee Bay State Park for the stayover...
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:25:22 AM »

.....He's 'genuine' allright.  Just like McCain.  Both 'genuine' products of the owners of this country placed before the working class in an attempt at a faux election.

Another day in Toledo.  The 10th wonder of the world.....The only hole above ground.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:26:25 AM »

I saw an article a few days ago (dont' remember if it was the Blade or one of the Toledo TV station websites) about all the prep work they were doing out at Maumee Bay State Park for the stayover...

What did they do?  Dig a big pit for BBQ ribs...? ;D

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »

What did they do?  Dig a big pit for BBQ ribs...? ;D

Maybe you should go burn some crosses in the lawn out there, you ignorant racist.

Normal Joe

• Hero Talker
  • Yep..it's true. I'm Normal...
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »

What a con job...Obama is going to pull Ohio from the ashes huh???... :P
If all the leaves on all the trees could talk....

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »

Maybe you should go burn some crosses in the lawn out there, you ignorant racist.

Somehow, I knew that comment was forthcoming.  I even put a smiley face after the post but you preferred to ignore that and get right to the 'meat of how you feel, not me.  

Actually, you showed your ignorance nwhen you made that comment, a comment that was taken entirely out of context to satisify your own ego and beliefs.

You are way too sensitive. 

Get a life.

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 10:56:01 AM »

Somehow, I knew that comment was forthcoming.  

Then why did you post such an ignorant statement?

I even put a smiley face after the post...

That smiley face doesn't negate or "cancel out" your idiotic remark.

You are way too sensitive. 

Get a life.

I'm not that sensitive.  I just don't appreciate racist remarks.  Maybe your generation believes it's OK, but it isn't.

I have a great life, thank you.  Hope you do, too.

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »

Rescue plan huh?

Boy this ought to be a good one!

A plan to fix the fix that was supposed to fix the fix of the last rescue plan, right?

Seems to me the American people two weeks ago told the government NO and to butt the hell out, or did I miss something?

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »

I have a very good feeling about Obama.

Flip thinks his comments are harmless but they do play on racial stereotypes.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 12:04:23 PM »

Obama comes off way to slick for me, but at least I know what to expect from a Marxist.

McCain? Whoa!
Neo-Con Globalist with his finger on the button?
No thanks.

Either way, it really don't matter the agenda is much larger than both of them.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »

Like I said, I'm equal opportunity but not affirmative action.  Everybody, no matter what race, color origin or National Creed gets to square one.  After that, it's a crapshoot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up