MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Is 18 too young to make babies

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 18 too young to make babies  (Read 4862 times)

Chips

• Hero Talker
Is 18 too young to make babies
« on: October 26, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »

My first Son was born 4 days before I turned 19.
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

supermom

• Hero Talker
Re: Is 18 too young to make babies
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 06:42:09 PM »

For the most part I would say that 18 is too young to have a baby nowadays. Kids need to go to college and live a little before settling down. Maybe that would help the divorce rate?!? I do, however, know some people who had children at 18 and they did just fine! Just my opinion!

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »

That depends on the person.  I hae know some people who are more mature at 18 than some who are 40.

why not

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 07:56:29 PM »

Being mature at 18 and financially stable at 18 are two big differences.  Unless you have a silver spoon sticking out of your mouth, a mountain of wealth from a grandparent that died, the secret of spinning straw into gold, a sugar daddy that is going to pay your way for the next 40 yrs, or some other means of sustaining a lifestyle fit for a child, 18 is too young to do anything but go to college, or build a resume for a profitable job.  A boyfriend working at Bigboys, moonlighting at Lowe's and living with his mom isn't going to cut it in the real world.  Having a child, your life will be void of Friday night parties, Saturday night concerts, a day at the beach or Cedar Point with your friends.  Having mom and dad take care of YOUR child I can guarantee wasn't in their retirement plans.  Sure they will help, but by having a child out of recklessness because you think you are mature enough to handle it isn't fair to anyone involved including the baby, and yourself.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:14:42 AM »

Very well said why not :)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »

Being mature at 18 and financially stable at 18 are two big differences.  Unless you have a silver spoon sticking out of your mouth, a mountain of wealth from a grandparent that died, the secret of spinning straw into gold, a sugar daddy that is going to pay your way for the next 40 yrs, or some other means of sustaining a lifestyle fit for a child, 18 is too young to do anything but go to college, or build a resume for a profitable job.  A boyfriend working at Bigboys, moonlighting at Lowe's and living with his mom isn't going to cut it in the real world.  Having a child, your life will be void of Friday night parties, Saturday night concerts, a day at the beach or Cedar Point with your friends.  Having mom and dad take care of YOUR child I can guarantee wasn't in their retirement plans.  Sure they will help, but by having a child out of recklessness because you think you are mature enough to handle it isn't fair to anyone involved including the baby, and yourself.

Thirty some odd years ago, my wife gave birth at 18 years old to our first of two daughters.  On our own, my wife and I put ourselves through college......me first, then her.  Nope, it wasn't easy those first several years but we managed to raise both girls, put one through EMU, and the other going through UT now.

We may have been a rare exception, I realize that, but the thread is are 18 yo's too young to make babies......my answer is no!
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

ameliabelle1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »

I'm glad I didn't have any kids at 18, but not to say others couldn't do a great job with it. 

Culturally, American teenagers aren't raised to be real self sufficient and mature at 18, but I think the human body was made to have children during the teenage years rather than our 30's.       

why not

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »

the body may be able to produce children as early as age 10, but that does not mean that it's a good idea.  Yes, some have succeed in raising a family at an early age.  It is the exception rather than the rule.

Here is a thought, a basic delivery can cost anywhere from 4 grand on up.  (I am being lenient)  How many teenagers have 4 grand in the bank.  If you do, I will bet the farm the account isn't named (INCASE OF PREGNANCY, WITHDRAW).  Chances are, it is for college or your first car.  I guess, the bottom line is it is up to you.  No one can stop you from getting pregnant, but if you choose to do so, I hope you have a better game plan than mom and dad will take care of it, or we will make it somehow.

PXaiver

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »

I'm 28 and I think I'm too young to have kids.  Well I don't think I'll ever be old enough to have kids, but that's just me.

PXaiver

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 08:02:09 PM »

If your old enough to make them I gesus your old enough to make them.  Now I'm not saying that there shoun't be laws againts older men being with young women, but young men should be able to make baby's with older women!  And Kids with kids.  That's my thought's not your's I'm shur.  But I would have felt better having an old lady to make baby's with when I was 10 or so.

I can't say I disagree with you.  Where were all the hot horny middle school teachers when I was in middle school?

PXaiver

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 08:05:09 PM »

At my middle school  ;D

DAMN YOU JEFFERSON!!!!!

riversbend again

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 08:13:39 PM »

I was 19 when my oldest was born.  

I have no regrets. He has always been one of the best things that happened to me.  ;D

I was in my mid to late 30's before I went back to school, (after my second son was older) and I was fine with that. It's never too late to go back to school if you really want to.

Noki49

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »

I was 19 when my oldest was born.  

I have no regrets. He has always been one of the best things that happened to me.  ;D

I was in my mid to late 30's before I went back to school, (after my second son was older) and I was fine with that. It's never too late to go back to school if you really want to.

Many times while in class with young, fresh out of high-school classmates, I get to observe the truth of the saying "education is wasted on the young". Not all mind you, but a high enough percentage. I wonder if many of these kids really think that college is just a high-school for people over 18 *:)
Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been.
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for my visit wait,
But alas, for their fate,
Though they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.
What am I?

bloo II

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »

IMO, 18 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too young for most people to have kids!! Or get married!! You're not fully grown up yet, people change a lot in their twenties. I waited until I was 30 to marry (and still got divorced  :() and nearly 40 to have kids. Maybe that's a little late for some, but I'm so glad I did. I got *most* of my wildness out of my system in my younger days, I traveled a lot, got my college degree and some work experience. I'm a much better Mom as a result because I don't feel I'm sacrificing much of anything now. I wouldn't have had much patience as a younger Mom, either.
Love me or hate me, I'm still gonna shine.

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 11:17:05 AM »

If 18 is too young to have babies, what's too old to have babies? Just curious, did anyone wait too long?
Snuggle & keep warm.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up