MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Is 18 too young to make babies

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 18 too young to make babies  (Read 4855 times)

riversbend again

Re: Is 18 too young to make babies
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »

I think that in today's world, 18 is WAY too young to be having kids. A generation or two ago it was ok but now if you do it you're really running after your future with one foot in a bucket, so to speak.
My dad, who always gives good advice, once told me, "you should never have kids unless you're married, have a career established, and own a house". I took that to heart and am following suit.
It also seems to me that anymore , people who SHOULDN'T be having kids ARE and people who SHOULD be having kids AREN'T.
I'm climbing down from my soapbox now.  ;)

That is the truth.

Ronda

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »

I am sorry that you feel like this, but the point that I was trying to get across was that when your 18 you should do what most 18 year olds are doing.  I missed out on a lot of things because I was a young mom.

At the same time though I was working a full time job and paying for daycare in addition to missing out on things.  I had diapers to buy, rent to pay,( and all the bills that come with rent) because I did move out of my parents house to raise my daughter.  It was hard and after awhile of struggling I did have to move home.  No I didn't go back to live off of them and I did pay rent.  It was cheaper for me though and I was able to save up some money. 

Things did work out for me but the road I traveled was bumpy and I will be the first to say it.

Wow! Working full time with a baby at that age had to have been hard. I had two babies at 18 but was blessed with a hard working husband and a willingness to live without many of the material things that a lot of people think they need. I don't think I could have done it the way you did - God bless you for it!

Ronda

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »

Get real people, of course 18 is too young. You are still a baby and God live it up. Go party with the collage life. Get a job and get your own place. Can one person honest say they have never said," I don't regret my babies, I just wish I would have waited?'
     I'm sorry I don't mean to sound so harsh, If you had a baby and did it ALL BY YOURSELF, well God bless you. But real life sucks enough for someone who is 25+, more or less for some one who is only 18. That is the time to find out who you really are and where you want to go in life. We live up to 80 years old now, honey 18 is nothing.

Aunt Lisa, I can honestly say that I've never said I wished I had waited. In fact, I'm still glad I didn't wait. But I didn't do it all by myself - I had a husband.

Chips

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2008, 09:34:05 PM »

My first Son was born 4 days before I turned 19.
It was very hard back then but he was and still is the love of my life.
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

riversbend again

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2008, 09:43:11 PM »

It was very hard back then but he was and still is the love of my life.

hard times build character and strength Chips!  ;)

I have never regretted having my son at 19. He lights up my life until this day.
Sure I missed out on some things, but I had more in my life with that little smile, than I could have ever found while out partying.  :)

Chips

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 10:12:38 PM »

hard times build character and strength Chips!  ;)

I have never regretted having my son at 19. He lights up my life until this day.
Sure I missed out on some things, but I had more in my life with that little smile, than I could have ever found while out partying.  :)

I am so glad that you enjoy your Son.
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

riversbend again

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 10:18:24 PM »

I am so glad that you enjoy your Son.

both of my boys are the best things in my life, and always have been.  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up