MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Dinner tonite

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 277   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinner tonite  (Read 176868 times)

Lethlweapn

Dinner tonite
« on: November 08, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »

Well for dinner tonight I had a New York Strip Steak, grilled to perfection with a bit of garlic, and some pan fried zucchini and summer squash with mushrooms, then I steamed some broccoli and cauliflower and then mixed all the veggies together with some Olive Oil and garlic. Also had some nice warm rolls to go with it all.

And MAN was it ever good. ;)

bloo II

• Hero Talker
Re: Dinner tonite
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:50 PM »

I've gotta go put the kids to bed, like now, then we're going to have....

--Panko encrusted sliced portobello mushrooms with a soy/sesame/green onion dipping sauce
--Stir fried fresh broccoli in sesame seed oil with toasted sesame seeds
--Seared tuna steak with wasabi mayo sauce

Nommie, nommie!!
Love me or hate me, I'm still gonna shine.

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »

Well for dinner tonight I had a New York Strip Steak, grilled to perfection with a bit of garlic, and some pan fried zucchini and summer squash with mushrooms, then I steamed some broccoli and cauliflower and then mixed all the veggies together with some Olive Oil and garlic. Also had some nice warm rolls to go with it all.

And MAN was it ever good. ;)

Eggplant parmagian at Detroit Beach.  Outstanding.  (the steak sounds great Lethl.  I just got 4 of them from Omaha Steak and can't wait it try 'em.)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

bloo II

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

Eggplant parmagian at Detroit Beach.  Outstanding.  (the steak sounds great Lethl.  I just got 4 of them from Omaha Steak and can't wait it try 'em.)
Oh, yum!! Omaha Steaks!! Those are really good!! But we've decided that Danny's are just as good as Omaha. But we still get their fliers and will probably take them up on one of their "Please come back" offers. They're just too good to pass up!!

Enjoy those yummy steaks, ell!

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 08:53:24 PM »

Oh, yum!! Omaha Steaks!! Those are really good!! But we've decided that Danny's are just as good as Omaha. But we still get their fliers and will probably take them up on one of their "Please come back" offers. They're just too good to pass up!!

Enjoy those yummy steaks, ell!

Thanks bloo.  These were a gift.  I like to buy mine at Danny's when they have the whole strip sale.  MMMMM
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Lethlweapn

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 09:07:10 PM »

Rub it in  ;) Did you go out, make it, or did someone make it for you?
I cooked it all myself. I saw the steaks at Hi Lite's tonight for $4.99 a lb instead of $7.99 a lb and they looked real good, tasted even better.

I make the fried zucchini and summer squash with garlic quite often, but had some mushrooms and the broccoli and cauliflower just sounded like a nice addition.

There was 2 lbs of meat, and about 3 to 3 1/2 lbs of veggies, and no leftovers between 3 people. ;)

Lethlweapn

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:13:43 PM »

I better learn how to be a better cook or tie the knot with a babe who can help with the cookin. If you know what I mean  ;D
Cooking is fun, especially when done right and you get to see the happy faces of the people you cook for.

doubtfire

• Super Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 09:17:54 PM »

We always go out to eat on Saturday night after church. Tonight we went cheap, cost hubby $5.13.  We had whoppers and buy one, get one free. So tomorrow we do home-made macaroni and Italian meat balls with garlic bread and fresh veggies. Can't wait!

daphne

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »

Posted by: Lethlweapn
 osted on: Today at 09:13:43 PMCooking is fun, especially when done right and you get to see the happy faces of the people you cook for.

mmmmm. one of these days, lethl.

Lethlweapn

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 10:11:54 PM »

mmmmm. one of these days, lethl.
Next Saturday?  ;)

MonroeGal

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 10:13:06 PM »

Mmmm your dinner sounds good, Lethl! I made chili today so that was our dinner.

Aunt Lisa

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 10:22:39 PM »

Steak, potatoes, corn, and mushrooms. Lots of leftovers, so guess what is for breakfast tomorrow? Just add eggs. ;D

KLK

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 11:20:39 AM »

We did 'endless shrimp' at Red Lobster. It's almost done until next year.
If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them.

utility slug

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 09:02:19 PM »

Dinner tonight was four toasted slices of Koepplinger's Health bread with peanut butter.   

Perfect.

If I only had some cider...

bloo II

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 09:14:30 PM »

Dinner tonight was four toasted slices of Koepplinger's Health bread with peanut butter.   

Perfect.

If I only had some cider...
My fave!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 277   Go Up