MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Dinner tonite

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinner tonite  (Read 182908 times)

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
Re: Dinner tonite
« Reply #4110 on: March 02, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »

roast duck, potatoes cooked in duck fat, Brussels sprouts in butter
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4111 on: March 03, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »

I had never eaten anything fried in duck fat until dining at a place in AA called The Grange.  What a great fat to cook French fries with.....awesome taste.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4112 on: March 07, 2016, 12:19:29 AM »

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4113 on: March 13, 2016, 09:08:30 AM »

Brunch at Due Venti, 11AM.  YUM!
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4114 on: March 17, 2016, 06:23:23 PM »

Duh!!  Almost everyone Irish today.
I loaded up slow cooker.  I'm enjoying now and Veges so good I almost forgot my had corned beef too

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4115 on: March 17, 2016, 07:53:03 PM »

I'll probably get slapped for this but dinner was a bust.  CL bought stuff at Kroger....  baked chicken, it was horrible, the dog liked it, I didn't but then the dog is getting slowly starved anyway, she's on a very strict diet for her sugar, no salt, no starch, no this, no that, so white meat chicken was a treat for her (as evidence by the teeth marks on my right hand....  she lays next to my chair at the island in the kitchen in hope that 'something' slips off my plate and drops her way....

CL also had baked beans from Kroger...  They were horrible, worse than the chicken that was already bad.  The beans were sitting there looking innocent and CL said...'try some'.  I should have looked in her eye before I did.  One bite was enough, more than enough actually...... horrible.  She also had cole slaw, that was horrific too.  The only thing that was even remotely good was the macroni slald.

I hate store bought, pre made crap anyway and Kroger is hit and miss, IMO, mostly miss.

The best store bought baked beans come from the Deerfield Grocerette.  Top shelf  Best chicken is CL's oven fried chicken followed by ther Colonel's.

I had CL heat me up a plate of yerserday's spag.  It was that or shredded wheat with non-dairy creamer on it (I cannot do milk products anymore).

Great, memorable meal.  The dogs (inside / outside get the chicken...  good for them.  The beans and the cole slaw went to Stevens Disposal...  good for them too. ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4116 on: March 17, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »

I hardly eat out or bring food home. My wife loved to eat out almost every night just for something to do and chat with the waitresses for her last 8 or 10 years. 
But I guess she deserved it. She made sure we and the kids had dinner every night.  It was a nightmare often with sports,  working etc but she did it.  No holding stuff over.  We always ate together.
Now I fix everything I eat.

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4117 on: March 17, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »

Dinner blew...but the pumpkin pie was good.   ;D

We rarely eat out.  Since we often eat dinner about 9:00 p.m. (especially in the summer), go out to eat doesn't work.  Beside the diabetic dog (and now with congestive heart failure) has a strict routine to go with her insulin shots.  The horses, cats and barn dog like to eat at the same time - they know when it's time for dinner.  I get tired of cooking and coming up with a menu.  I now understand why the last cognizant 5 years of her life, my mom quit cooking.  I like to eat out occasionally but hate the hassle of getting dressed and driving there (except for the MSU University Club!).  I do like having Marie Callender's pot pies and Voila Garlic Chicken in the freezer for the nights it's late and/or I have no desire to cook.

Cooking is just not my favorite thing but then neither is cleaning house.   ;)
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4118 on: March 17, 2016, 08:58:45 PM »

Oh am I suppose to clean the house too!

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4119 on: March 17, 2016, 09:34:28 PM »

For tonight I thawed out some pulled pork I had made up in my slow cooker. Adding on some mac and cheese on the side.

It's a comfort food kinda night.  :)
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4120 on: March 17, 2016, 10:53:19 PM »

If I agree with CL, I'm walking on thin ice, if I disagree, the ice is also thin...... ;D

The pie was good, the crust sucked.

CL's forte' isn't cooking but then, neither is mine.  I'm good with the microwave though.  I'm a microwave popcorn chef....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4121 on: March 24, 2016, 10:02:27 PM »

crab stuffed mushrooms -   then leftovers LOL
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4122 on: March 24, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »

Lasagna at new Italian Grill in Lambertville. Awesome

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4123 on: March 25, 2016, 03:23:49 AM »

Seafood!!!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4124 on: March 25, 2016, 08:03:15 AM »

I kinda grin to myself when I go to what are called Seafood Buffets in some of the rural bar/dining establishments in Southern Illinois.....Hush Puppies, Frog Legs, Catfish, Walleye, and crab strips.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277   Go Up