MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Dinner tonite

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 277   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinner tonite  (Read 197073 times)

naomi43

• Hero Talker
Re: Dinner tonite
« Reply #945 on: April 24, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »

yuk gross

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #946 on: April 24, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »

Checkers is our favorite for fast food. We go there probably once a month. Never had any problems whatsoever, but I'll keep an eye out just in case.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #947 on: April 24, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »

And now for another negative that I've been thinking about not mentioning since the restaurant is kind of new and I really want them to succeed....but....about two weeks ago I picked up what was deemed by the counter guy as the big order.

It was an assortment of stuff....two combination plates of sweet & sour chicken, one combination plate of pepper steak with onion.....wife said it should have been called onion with pepper steak....very little of that tough steak and loads of onions.

An order of Teriyaki chicken....basically chicken on skewers.... a little dried out but tolerable. (same for the chicken in the combo plate)

An order of Teriyaki beef....beef on skewers....very tough. (again same for the combo plate)

An order of boneless spare ribs.... tough and chewy...didn't know what to expect....just tried to spend over $30 to use a coupon for a free quart of General Tso's chicken.....now THAT was very good.

Normally not much to comment on....food places have good nights and bad nights...

The thing that really got me was the pork fried rice that came with the combination plates.....it smelled and tasted like they used rancid oil....the place hasn't even been open that long.

I immediately returned the three orders of rancid rice.....I tried to tell them quietly that their oil was rancid....the guy that spoke English had to answer the phone...not sure if the Asian lady really understood me....she wouldn't smell or taste it....I just told her I didn't want anything for it....I just recommended that they just change their oil.

Oh, it's the Panda on Dixie by Nadeau Rd.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

naomi43

• Hero Talker
« Reply #948 on: April 24, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »

here is another one, the other night I thought I would walk over to Arbys, since I have not been there in forever....I use to get the Beef and cheddar combo but since I was running short on $ I just got 2 jr roast beef sand wich were on dollar menu....they were sooo small and the taste,,,yuk, I have not felt right since I ate them...wont go there again.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #949 on: April 24, 2010, 04:59:50 PM »

here is another one, the other night I thought I would walk over to Arbys, since I have not been there in forever....I use to get the Beef and cheddar combo but since I was running short on $ I just got 2 jr roast beef sand wich were on dollar menu....they were sooo small and the taste,,,yuk, I have not felt right since I ate them...wont go there again.
Not a cheddar cheese fan so I stay away from those...I've always liked the roast beef but their sauce is a must...not sure why they don't squirt it on before they wrap it.
Just tried their Super Roast Beef sandwich a few days ago...it was loaded with lettuce and a zesty red sauce....didn't even need any Arby's sauce.....oh, and it included a slice of tomato...I gave that away.

The chocolate shakes can sometimes taste a little like Jamocha so I gave up on those....I like hot coffee but I'd rather my shakes not taste like that.

Homemade mostacolli tonight
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:48:57 PM by Frenchfry »

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

The Original Riv

« Reply #950 on: April 24, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »

I do not care for any drive thru fast food places. I had a shake from Checkers once, not sure what that taste was, but it didn't taste like anything I have had before that was called a shake.  :-\
I have been there a total of twice, and I just don't care for it.

The only thing I will eat at Arby's is the fresh market turkey & swiss.

Oh and for dinner tonite...just got home from J's.    :)

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #951 on: April 25, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »

Tonite: split pea soup made with a big 'ol ham bone from a few weeks ago
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

naomi43

• Hero Talker
« Reply #952 on: April 25, 2010, 08:31:57 AM »

I remember when I was a kid and came home from school only to see a pot of green goo on the stove bubbling....yuk was split pea soup..eww sorry I dont care for it. Think I might make chicken soup tonight.

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #953 on: April 25, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »

To each their own Naomi

But chicken soup sounds good on a day like today.
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #954 on: April 25, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »

Tonite: split pea soup made with a big 'ol ham bone from a few weeks ago
Oh, gawd, that sounds awesome!! Add some fresh baked bread to that, too! I think I'll ask Handsome to make up a pot for us--perfect for a gray day like this!

Baby Hitler

« Reply #955 on: April 25, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »

Don't care for split pea soup, but I do like bean and ham soup made with northern beans.

But I just finished off the last batch of that last night

Aunt B

• Hero Talker
    • Help get funding for Adam Walsh child protection and safety act
« Reply #956 on: April 25, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »

I dont go to fast food joints any more ever since I saw Eminems bvideo where he was working a fast food joint and was spitting hockers on the bburgers...looked like cheese....eeeeewwwww.  Made me stop and think!!!  Whatever you do dont go thru the drive through and piss em off.  That wouldnt be good!

Dinner tonite, BBQ ribs, tater salad, pasta salad(Rigatoni) baked beans (bushs) and garlic toast.  Now THATS  a meal!  Oh and I forgot...peach cobbler YUM

On the ribs I used a rub consisting of cayenne pepper salt paprika and garlic that has been soaked in olive oil.  I grow my own garlic and when its time to harvest I peel and chop, put it in a jar, cover with olive oil and seal.  If you just want to work from one jar you dont have to seal it but must keep it refrigerated!  The taste is out of this world...and you can use some of the oil in the jar for garlic toast...just baste the bread with the oil from the jar.  I have been using the same jar from late summer of last year.  The olive oil is aromatic with the chopped garlic and its so convenient!  If you find yourself running low on the oil from the jar, just top it off with more olive oil. The garlic flavored olive oil is handy for a lot of different dishes.  And thats my tip of the day!  Delish!!

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #957 on: April 25, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »

I grow my own garlic and when its time to harvest I peel and chop, put it in a jar, cover with olive oil and seal.  If you just want to work from one jar you dont have to seal it but must keep it refrigerated!  The taste is out of this world...and you can use some of the oil in the jar for garlic toast...just baste the bread with the oil from the jar.  I have been using the same jar from late summer of last year.  The olive oil is aromatic with the chopped garlic and its so convenient!  If you find yourself running low on the oil from the jar, just top it off with more olive oil. The garlic flavored olive oil is handy for a lot of different dishes.  And thats my tip of the day!  Delish!!
Sounds wonderful, Aunt B! We do something similar, but we cover two whole heads of garlic (one end sliced off) with olive oil, then roast them in the oven until the garlic is tender and golden. We squeeze that out onto homemade bread (OMG YUM!!), then store the garlic oil in the fridge to use on and in all kinds of other stuff. Garlic is so tasty and very healthy, too!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #958 on: April 25, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »

Saw the Doctors TV show the other day....mentioned the danger of Garlic and oil....said something about it not being acidic, therefore a prime breeding ground for Botulism.
The worst danger from botulism comes if raw garlic is stored in oil at room temperature - or even for too long in the refrigerator. Never store raw garlic in oil at room temperature.
http://www.garlic-central.com/dangers.html

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2653/is-garlic-oil-lethal

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #959 on: April 25, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »

Home made tacos tonight.  Pepto Bismal before bed time.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 277   Go Up