MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Dinner tonite

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 277   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinner tonite  (Read 196846 times)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
Re: Dinner tonite
« Reply #1005 on: May 21, 2010, 03:10:09 PM »

Tonight, my wifes meatloaf made with salsa and cheeze-its.  It is super awesome.  Sadly, she is the one that makes it best so she is making her own birthday dinner (her choice)
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
  • My handsome boy! :)
« Reply #1006 on: May 21, 2010, 03:17:47 PM »

Tonight, my wifes meatloaf made with salsa and cheeze-its.  It is super awesome.  Sadly, she is the one that makes it best so she is making her own birthday dinner (her choice)

Aww! Happy Birthday to Mrs. Duck!  :)

MonroeGal

• Hero Talker
  • Smurf-tastic!
« Reply #1007 on: May 21, 2010, 03:19:13 PM »

That sounds really good!!! Happy birthday to your wife! :)

The Original Riv

« Reply #1008 on: May 21, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »

happy birthday to Mrs. Duck.  :)

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1009 on: May 21, 2010, 03:54:01 PM »

Tonite is onion and caraway quiche with home baked bread.

Cheez Its in meatloaf sounds awesome! Gonna have to give that a try!

choff4

• Hero Talker
  • R.I.P. Ina
« Reply #1010 on: May 21, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »

I have used Chicken n biscuit crackers for my meatloaf and it's absolutely wonderful.

MonroeGal

• Hero Talker
  • Smurf-tastic!
« Reply #1011 on: May 21, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »

I have used Chicken n biscuit crackers for my meatloaf and it's absolutely wonderful.

Oh that sounds good too!!! I will have to try both of these ideas! :)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1012 on: May 22, 2010, 04:26:26 AM »

Good post, BRD!

I'll also say that I have never worked at a restaurant of any kind.   8*

I have done electrical work for restaurants, as a contractor, but I have never worked in one as a waiter or cook, etc.

On topic, I don't know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Maybe I'll just eat some wires in my truck.   :-\
Not quite an admission but it's what I expected. Yes you worked for J's Smokehouse....hence one reason for your loyalty and why you've helped with the unofficial advertising campaign. I don't doubt that you genuinely enjoy their food....just thought disclosing your business relationship would be the honest thing to do.

As for dinner...I think my wife called it beef pot....not real sure but I know it better as oily noodles. (long skinny flat noodles with beef and carrots in a slippery tasty sauce)
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1013 on: May 22, 2010, 07:39:47 AM »

I don't doubt that you genuinely enjoy their food....just thought disclosing your business relationship would be the honest thing to do.

Perhaps you need to re-read the J's Smokehouse (S. Custer location) thread particularly Reply #44.  To quote Livewire "....I will be all done with the wiring in a few days, and the plumbing is getting finished up soon too."

And I thought I had memory loss! 

I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1014 on: May 22, 2010, 07:59:16 AM »

Perhaps you need to re-read the J's Smokehouse (S. Custer location) thread particularly Reply #44.  To quote Livewire "....I will be all done with the wiring in a few days, and the plumbing is getting finished up soon too."

And I thought I had memory loss!
Thanks for the proof....sometimes people have difficulty connecting the dots.

And the name of what my wife made just came to me...she called it "Beef bowl"....I looked it up and it's actually called "Beef Noodle Bowl"

She makes the broccoli on the side so she can add them to her portion because she knows I don't like those nasty smelling things.
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/beef-noodle-bowl-91434.aspx
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1015 on: May 22, 2010, 08:10:06 AM »

Thanks for the proof....sometimes people have difficulty connecting the dots.

Not moi   :)- perhaps vous?  8*
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1016 on: May 22, 2010, 08:51:39 AM »

Grilled trout and vegetable kabobs.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #1017 on: May 22, 2010, 10:18:50 AM »

Not quite an admission but it's what I expected. Yes you worked for J's Smokehouse....hence one reason for your loyalty and why you've helped with the unofficial advertising campaign. I don't doubt that you genuinely enjoy their food....just thought disclosing your business relationship would be the honest thing to do.

Don't talk to me about the honest thing to do.  You don't know the meaning of the word.  You're the one stirring the pot, and trying to make a case out of something when there's nothing there.

I don't know how old you are, and I really don't give a damn, but you ARE losing your memory.  Is Alzheimer's setting in?  Maybe you should mention it during your next appointment with your shrink.

I never kept it a secret that I worked at J's to do a little wiring, as Catlady so eloquently pointed out.

J and Dave are my friends - that's no secret either.  But my posts regarding their food are genuine, whether you believe it or not. 

Frenchie, stop looking for conspiracies, where none exist. 
It makes you look even more ridiculous.

There.  How's that for honesty?
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1018 on: May 22, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »

I never kept it a secret that I worked at J's to do a little wiring, as Catlady so eloquently pointed out.

J and Dave are my friends - that's no secret either.  But my posts regarding their food are genuine, whether you believe it or not. 

There's a difference between working for (doing the wiring) and working at (being the chef) at a place.

In either case, if you're not talking about "issues" and you like their food, go ahead, talk them up.  If you have "insider" issues, keep it to yourself.

To each their own in whose food ya like/dislike.

But now this has spiralled into a thread drift, so back on topic folks.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:30:44 AM by arpydave »
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #1019 on: May 22, 2010, 10:50:24 AM »

My point exactly, Dave.  I have done work for Tiffany's before too (many years ago), but I don't like them.  I have nothing good to say about them, so I basically keep that to myself. I've also done major wiring jobs at Subway, Arthur Treacher's (long time ago), Baskin Robbins, Ram's Horn, and several non-chain restaurants, to name a few.  I don't feel obligated to talk those places up, so I don't.

Everyone has the right to like or dislike the food and restaurants of their choosing.

Sometimes you like it, sometimes you don't.

Just like people.   ;)

As far as the topic, I'll be eating pizza tonight, as well as some adult beverages, while playing poker!
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 277   Go Up