MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Dinner tonite

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 277   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinner tonite  (Read 197020 times)

The Chicken

• Hero Talker
  • Common sense is not so common... Voltaire
    • The Chicken Channel
Re: Dinner tonite
« Reply #1110 on: May 28, 2010, 01:09:34 AM »

I will be in Tampa next week. Can you recommend some good restaurants?

One of my favorites is the Colanade, it has been there since the 1930's, still family owned.. great food, great service.. Good atmosphere, not overly priced but fine dining... really good seafood..  here is a link to their menu http://www.thenade.com/new/menu.html

If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience and don't mind the price... Bern's Steakhouse... You will need to make reservations.. they have about anything you would want... they are famous for their steaks, I get the aged ribeye, they are in about six sizes..  your waiter should take care of you.. sometimes it is better to buy a larger untrimed and your waiter will trim it for you before it is cooked... you can get about 20 different kinds of caviar.. Their lobster is unbelievable.. their menu is pages... even down to their dressing.. they have cheese caves... you can get a 4k dollar bottle of wine... but for two people, getting a very fine meal.. with a few drinks and a trip to the desert room... where they have world class deserts... and a cigar bar.. expect to spend a couple of hundred...

You would spend the same at Don Schula's or Ruth Chris.. but Berns is sooo much better... again family owned.. been in business forever.. there is only one Berns Steak house... and if you are in the dining room where they have the chair that George Bush autographed.. (He ate there a lot because McDill is near there)... well you can do what you wish with the chair..

Here is their link.. http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

If you are looking for upscale Latin and another Tampa Landmark.. there is the Columbia in Ybor... http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/

There are many restaurants in Ybor.. The Columbia is price.. there another place that is very good.. I just can't remember the name... La Tropical I believe, it is near the Columbia..

If you want to go off the main path an into a Tampa Neighborhood, there is L Teresita... it has two sides.. go to the dining room side unless you want to spend it in the diner side.. which is noisy..  here is their link

http://www.lateresitarestaurant.com/

If you want the best food at a great price... Nickos Diner..  in the hood.. it has a big menu and Elvis ate there in 1956.. you can sit in his booth.. it is a real dining car diner.. owned by a greek guy so they have full diner and greek food...

and there is the three coins.. both of these places is where I go... the coins I can walk to... they are open 24 hours and have Wifi and our door dining on lovely Nebraska Avenue.. Kiddie Corner from Alpine Liquor... and if you are lucky.. you may spot a hooker.. if you are REAL lucky... there may be a set of Tranny Hookers!!! 

Here is the link to both of these places...  http://www.urbanspoon.com/nf/30/2936/2918/Tampa-Bay/Seminole-Heights/Diners

Oh.. you have to go to Hamburger Mary's in Ybor...  Really the best Hamburgers you will ever eat... and Hamburger Mary is a real person.. a big ole drag queen... the place is a riot...  There is always something going on there... here is the link..

http://www.hamburgermarystampa.com/

Ybor is full of places... everything even Alaskan Tacos... so enjoy!!!

There is NO in-flight Beverage Service on the 747 to HELL!

boater

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1111 on: May 28, 2010, 01:16:49 AM »

Thanks TC. I will definitely look these up. Years ago (like 30) I remember a going to a place called The Kapok Tree. Is that still open. I think the food was decent but it was kind of pricy & touristy.
Heaven, the ultimate welfare state.

The Chicken

• Hero Talker
  • Common sense is not so common... Voltaire
    • The Chicken Channel
« Reply #1112 on: May 28, 2010, 06:25:53 AM »

Thanks TC. I will definitely look these up. Years ago (like 30) I remember a going to a place called The Kapok Tree. Is that still open. I think the food was decent but it was kind of pricy & touristy.

Yeah that was across the Courtney Campbell over in Clearwater.. I am not sure if it is still open.. but near there on State Rd 60, there is a Perogie restaurant.. I have been wanting to try it.... they serve other stuff besides perogies.. but they have perogies about every way you can think of having a perogie.. at least that is what they had been advertising on TV...
There is NO in-flight Beverage Service on the 747 to HELL!

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1113 on: May 28, 2010, 06:38:20 AM »

I had to look this up, but goodness, this sounds delish!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/braciole-recipe/index.html

It was a lot of work, but well worth it.
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1114 on: May 28, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »

I had dinner with a friend that lives in Tarpon Springs... we ate at a Greek Restaurant where we sat outside near the sponge docks... Enjoying the gulf breeze and a bottle of vino...

It was a good night...

and no.. I did not have any of J's BBQ sauce to put on my Octopus....  8) 8) 8)

Visiting Tarpon Springs is a great childhood memory.  Definitely putting it in our plans for next trip to Florida.

I wouldn't be surprised if you'll soon be able to buy it in the grocery stores in your area TC ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1115 on: May 29, 2010, 08:42:24 AM »

Today I'm gonna be smoking a turkey breast on the smoker/grill that I used a Tony Chachere' (sp?) Cajun Butter injector on and let sit overnight.
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1116 on: May 29, 2010, 08:46:30 AM »

p.s. To all you charcoal grillers out there: Lowe's on N. Telegraph has the big bags (16 lb.) of Kingsford charcoal on sale as a "buy 1, get 1 free" deal thru Monday.  And the per bag price ain't jacked up either, competitive price.
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

choff4

• Hero Talker
  • R.I.P. Ina
« Reply #1117 on: May 29, 2010, 08:50:30 AM »

Tony's also makes a spice called Tony's creole.
You can find it at Meijers or Krogers.
About 20 years ago I was down south at a trout farm/ restaurant  and they used it on all their fish. I tired it & got hooked. Could never find it here though until the last few years. My mom recently found it at a $1.00 store.It has all the spices in it your typical rub calls for when smoking.

choff4

• Hero Talker
  • R.I.P. Ina
« Reply #1118 on: May 29, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »

Home Depot is also running a sale on it.
 2, 20 # bags for $9.97.

choff4

• Hero Talker
  • R.I.P. Ina
« Reply #1119 on: May 29, 2010, 08:58:25 AM »

Today we are making ribs & salmon on the smoker. Not everyone could agree to what we should smoke, so we all won. I am already looking forward to dinner.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #1120 on: May 29, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »

Today we are making ribs & salmon on the smoker.

Oh, that sounds awesome!!!

We're just having some nice sirloins on the grill.   :)
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1121 on: May 29, 2010, 09:33:57 AM »

Saucy Sizzle Pepper Steak

Ingredients

* 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
    * 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
    * 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
    * 1 medium onion, cut into strips
    * 1 cup green onions
    * 1 lb. well-trimmed boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
    * 2 cloves garlic, minced
    * black pepper to taste
    * 3 Tbsp. soy sauce (can use lite soy sauce)
    * 1/2 cup KRAFT Original barbecue sauce or your favorite barbeque sauce
    * 2 cups hot cooked rice

How to make it

* HEAT large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions; cook and stir 6 to 8 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Transfer to large bowl; keep warm.
    * ADD meat, garlic and black pepper to same skillet; cook and stir 3 min. Add soy sauce; cook 1 min. or until meat is cooked through. Add barbecue sauce; cook until heated through.
    * SPOON meat mixture into bowl with vegetables; toss gently. Serve over rice
http://www.grouprecipes.com/46780/saucy-sizzle-pepper-steak.html

Oh, and my wife used Bull's-Eye Barbecue Sauce instead of the Kraft.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:51:42 AM by Frenchfry »
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

choff4

• Hero Talker
  • R.I.P. Ina
« Reply #1122 on: May 29, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »

That sounds Great FF.
Thanks for sharing.
I want to try this recipe but I just may add some pineapple to it.

MonroeGal

• Hero Talker
  • Smurf-tastic!
« Reply #1123 on: May 29, 2010, 09:46:23 AM »

That does sound good! I will have to try it too.

I think we are BBQing something today. Not sure what though.

PXaiver

« Reply #1124 on: May 29, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »

Dave, thanks for the charcoal top.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 277   Go Up