MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Dinner tonite

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 277   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinner tonite  (Read 200586 times)

arpydave

• Hero Talker
Re: Dinner tonite
« Reply #1785 on: August 04, 2010, 10:27:10 AM »

I love easy :)

As a former Sailor, I "love" easy too!   ;)
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1786 on: August 04, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »

LOL, sorry about the complications, Dave.  Glad it worked out though.

I used to cook a lot more in the crock pot when I would live away from home on new model car launches.  I used to get sick of eating out every night and would take the time in the morning to prepare the meal before I'd leave for the plants.  Was always nice to get back to the apartments with the entree already done. 

Try spaghetti sauce out of fresh tomatoes sometime, Dave.....another great crock pot meal.

No complications Bud.

As this is "recipe exchange" if it hadn't have worked out I would have posted it.  Not to point you out, but so that others may know a potential pitfall.  Or perhaps others like Ms. Choff or Monique may "adjust" it.

But glad that in the end it worked out, props to ya and your recipe.
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1787 on: August 04, 2010, 10:36:19 AM »

Crock pots do not generate a lot of cooking heat.....that is kind of the beauty of it.  Try not to remove the lid often,,,,,I may take mine off once to stir, and that's about it.  The "sweat" generated inside is full of the good cooking juices and seasoning.  I know it is tempting, but you will find less cooking time is the result.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Aunt Lisa

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1788 on: August 04, 2010, 10:39:43 AM »

As a former Sailor, I "love" easy too!   ;)

LMAO. I met my husband when he was in the Navy. After 17 yrs of marriage and still going strong, I've always wondered why he fell in love with me. LOL

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1789 on: August 04, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »

Try spaghetti sauce out of fresh tomatoes sometime, Dave.....another great crock pot meal.
Oh, please post this recipe! I just picked my first big batch of ripe tomatoes last night, and I need to have a plan!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1790 on: August 04, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »

Fish at Chateau Louise in Luna pier.  And hopefully I'll be to full to eat some of their homemade pie.   Don't need the calories

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1791 on: August 04, 2010, 11:02:32 AM »

Hummm......this is one I don't have written down and do by sight/taste.

Brown up a pound and a half of hamburger, crush a few cloves of garlic into it while on the stove top and add some Italian seasoning to it along with some pepper.

Dice up 5 or 6 whole juicey red ripe tomatoes (I'm getting all messed up here now), add a can of tomato paste (small one), throw in a beef bullion cube, crush a few more cloves of garlic in it, add maybe a little over a 1/4th cup of brown sugar, pepper to taste, throw in a drained can of mushrooms (or cut up some fresh buttons and add to it), dump some more Italian seasoning into it, I usually add some fresh picked oregano (Italian) to it.  Stir it all up real good, throw the lid on it, and set your crock pot to medium for about 6 to 7 hours.  I can usually tell when it is done by a dark brown liquid that rises to the top.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

MonroeGal

• Hero Talker
  • Smurf-tastic!
« Reply #1792 on: August 04, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »

Hummm......this is one I don't have written down and do by sight/taste.

Brown up a pound and a half of hamburger, crush a few cloves of garlic into it while on the stove top and add some Italian seasoning to it along with some pepper.

Dice up 5 or 6 whole juicey red ripe tomatoes (I'm getting all messed up here now), add a can of tomato paste (small one), throw in a beef bullion cube, crush a few more cloves of garlic in it, add maybe a little over a 1/4th cup of brown sugar, pepper to taste, throw in a drained can of mushrooms (or cut up some fresh buttons and add to it), dump some more Italian seasoning into it, I usually add some fresh picked oregano (Italian) to it.  Stir it all up real good, throw the lid on it, and set your crock pot to medium for about 6 to 7 hours.  I can usually tell when it is done by a dark brown liquid that rises to the top.

That sounds delicious! I am going to try that soon!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1793 on: August 04, 2010, 11:13:17 AM »

Oh.....and add some chopped onion to it too.

choff4

• Hero Talker
  • R.I.P. Ina
« Reply #1794 on: August 04, 2010, 01:02:37 PM »

I made the rib recipe Fuzz posted and they were delicious. I actually made them twice now. :)

choff4

• Hero Talker
  • R.I.P. Ina
« Reply #1795 on: August 04, 2010, 01:41:58 PM »

My daughter came up with this dish.
She sauteed chicken breast, onions and green pepper. Then added fresh mango,pineapple, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce. Then S&P, garlic & onion powder. Then served it over white rice. it was absolutely
amazing. :) 

The Sweet Chili sauce is Franks Red Hot brand. The stores recently started carrying it and we have been using it on fish, chicken. It has a bite to it, but it  also taste sweet. Pretty tasty actually .

Baby Hitler

« Reply #1796 on: August 04, 2010, 07:17:39 PM »

I made Szechuwan beef and broccoli.

Took two stalks of broccoli and cut up just the flowerettes, normally I'd cut up the stalk and make broccoli soup out of it, but not today. Also took a bunch of bok choy and cut it up. I used it all except for a small part near the bottom of the stalk. Did the same with the green onions. Also cut up a large vidalia onion, and about 8 ounces of white mushrooms.

I cut the beef (ranch steak was on sale) into very thin strips and then stir fried the beef in two tablespoons of oil, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and set it aside, then cooked all the vegetables, adding about 1/2 cup of szechuan stir fry sauce  until they were well done.

Then I added about a cup and a half of water and about 1/2 a cup of flour and stirred it until the sauce thickened up. Then added the beef and the mushrooms, stirred it well, got it real hot, then covered the dish and turned off the heat while I waited a few minutes for the rice to finish steaming.

choff4

• Hero Talker
  • R.I.P. Ina
« Reply #1797 on: August 04, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »

mmmmmmmmmmm I can smell it from here. ;)

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1798 on: August 04, 2010, 07:49:20 PM »

I finally made red beans & rice in the crock pot. Turned out pretty tasty. I used a fresh Anaheim pepper from the garden, so it had a nice little 'afterburn.'

I miss H's cooking.........

PXaiver

« Reply #1799 on: August 05, 2010, 07:02:20 PM »

I'm making what I call American Stir-fry.

Half pound of polish sausage
One decent size red potato
Half a vidalia onion
One Jalepeno
organic minced garlic

Slice potatoes and onion throw in a pan with garlic and a little olive oil on medium heat.  Cook until the onions just start to wilt and add sliced jalepeno.  Cook for about 5 minutes and add sliced sausage.  Cook until done.

Sorry I'm not more specific but I tend to eyeball stuff.

Note that drinking beer or your booze of choice helps the cooking time seem faster.

Serves 2 to 3
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:08:07 PM by The Shaggy Marlin »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 277   Go Up