MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Rainbow Center on S. Telegraph

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rainbow Center on S. Telegraph  (Read 4663 times)

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
Re: Rainbow Center on S. Telegraph
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »

Single_Mom if you have suspicions about this place then YOU should call someone until someone listens to you! THIS IS PROBABLY OUR TAX DOLLARS BEING SPENT (AGAIN) ON A BUNCH OF  LAZY, unmotivated DRUG addicts.
No one has told me what those little black boxes are that they carry in and out! Sit in the parking lot once and observe, it's interesting. Hours for the center are 4:30 A.M. TO 1:30 P.M.

Maybe you could go in and ask!
your mom goes to college.

zard0z

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 03:39:06 PM »

Maybe you could go in and ask!

Nah, it's much easier to come to a conclusion without facts to back it and stick to it... :P

Single_Mom

• Super Talker
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 04:06:40 PM »

So...let me get this right.

They are homeless but they own vehicles.  They commute 20 miles in those vehicles, get their methadone, and then abandon those cars and wonder aimlessly through Monroe joining the already vast numbers of homeless...

I think maybe you should stop by the clinic and ask for some help too.
Perhaps you need an eXtreme Meth Makeover!

OKay, let me rephrase this.  The many Ohio residents driving up here have probably violated the Toledo Center's rules.  Why else would they drive up?  Now these clients may not be homeless but I have it on good authority, many of their clients are homeless and you will see them walking (sometimes with strollers) or riding bikes down Telegraph to get their fix.  Of the three emergency shelters in Monroe, all have had problems with the Rainbow program staff trying to dump the out-of-county clients in their already full facilities. 

I'll pass on the meth make-over but I'll let you buy me a beer if you'd like!
My rate may change upon increased demand

actualphoto

• New Talker
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 04:14:07 PM »

I'll pass on the meth make-over but I'll let you buy me a beer if you'd like!

Are you hitting on me?

zard0z

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »

Are you hitting on me?

I think she just wants a beer... ;D

Single_Mom

• Super Talker
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »

Black box mystery solved! 

Nobody has to sit in the parking lot and wonder any longer.  I learned clients graduate to a system where they can get three doses for a three day period in a locked black box.  I also heard a two year old got into one of those black boxes, ingested the drug and was rendered unconscious. 

I don't know the outcome, or if the child is okay.  Myabe the MEN will have a report.
My rate may change upon increased demand

Providence

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 10:12:51 PM »

I understand the police are well aware of the problem(s) at this facility and for whatever reason(s) their hands are tied and there is not much they can do.  If you recall the bad accident that happened the beginning of summer where the woman was driving down Telegraph and hit another young driver head on and she died, she was coming from the Meth clinic.  Telegraph Road was never safe and it is even more dangerous since the opening.  Be careful when driving in that area.  I had to call the police the other night due to erratic driving.   :o :o

DaisyDuke726

• Hero Talker
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 12:17:21 AM »

I understand the police are well aware of the problem(s) at this facility and for whatever reason(s) their hands are tied and there is not much they can do.  If you recall the bad accident that happened the beginning of summer where the woman was driving down Telegraph and hit another young driver head on and she died, she was coming from the Meth clinic.  Telegraph Road was never safe and it is even more dangerous since the opening.  Be careful when driving in that area.  I had to call the police the other night due to erratic driving.   :o :o

Was that the accident on Telegraph out by newport??
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
- Judy Garland

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »

What's with all the winks??

I'm usually just a winky person...

but I can control it if you prefer >:( >:( >:(
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

tampachicken

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 01:35:32 AM »

First... I just want to make this clear.. I think methadone and methadone clinics are evil...
but you can't make them go away... for two reasons..

1) It is the only viable solution our laws allow to treat narcotic addiction.  I do not use the word heroin because that is not the all of it.. many people are addicts because of prescription paid killers prescribed to them... Some are real pain patients...  and some of these people are trying to kick their addictions because they want to do better..

2) there are people going there for actual pain management.  This is the place they have to go.. we are talking about people who have already been the "other" pain management routes.. this is the last house on the block

The boxes you see.. that are for the ones that allowed to have "take homes"  take homes cover them on the days that the clinic is closed.. or some can come every other day.. they have to keep it in a lock box.. the ones that are allowed to do this have clean urines.. jobs.. things like that..

The reason you see all the out of state cars, yes.. they have been kicked out of a different clinic.. so they move on to the next..

Having another narcotic or a benzodiazapine in your system is reason for auto ejection.. the purpose of the program is to keep people from getting high... so that is one of the guidlines..

Why I hate Methadone is because it is the MOST addictive.. more so than heroin... although you do not get the euphoric high.. it is a great pain killer.. the addiction is to the pain relief.. it makes people seem normal.. but like all narcotics.. the body adjusts and more is needed.. it is a vicious cycle.. but all narcotics have this cycle... the problem with Methadone is... it is a HORRIBLE withdrawl...  ten times worse that the worst heroin addiction withdrawl...  I hate that that is the only option given to people to get off of narcotics.. they present it as "treatment" but what it is, is creating another addiction to a terrible drug...

Why is the withdrawl so bad.. Methadone is all synthetic.. it was invented by the Nazi's in ww II when they were cut off from opiate imports.. without at least an opiate base to make moriphine, heroin (which is still used in Europe) or those types of pain killers.. they came up with methadone.. and for some reason the withdrawl is just awful.. many will take their own life... and even under medical management, it is nearly impossible to detox someone off.  even inpatient, you can only give three days of methadone because of the laws regarding controlled substances.. so even if you try to titrate down.. you can't do it in 3 days.. then what you are allowed to give as an alternative does not stop the withdrawl pain.. because it is a bone ache .. imagine... feeling as if your bone marrow is trying to push it's way out of every bone in your body, from the center out.. for up to three weeks.. do you think you could survive that kind of pain...

That is why they travel... they are in pain... whether they were initially addicts or in pain management... it creates a monster.. we are the only country that does it this way...

Then we farm it out to private for profit companies.. most owners of these companies are just as bad as drug dealers because that is what they are.. there is a lot of money in it for them... they just have to follow the guidlines....  the drug testing.. counseling.. and yes the people that are hired are not always paid the best.. many are former addicts and with good intentions think that they can help others.. and somehow find themselves dipping into the goodie pile...  as what did happen at the one in Monroe.. it is my understanding there was more than a nurse involved.. but these places pay low wages... so who are they going to get to work.. people who can't get jobs at other places... remember for the owners of these clinics.. it is about profit... and our government just hands it to them..

Drug management and addiction treatment is a public health issue.. it should be under public health.. not the DEA and FDA.. that is why we use methadone.. and why the rules are what they are.. it is just another way to keep people addicted without addressing the real problem.. why people become addicted...  

Who pays for these clinics.. well actually we don't... the tax payer.. pay for everything.. I am sure there are government monies attached... but not directly like a fee for service.. I know some private insurance companies will pay for methadone treatment for pain management.. the cost is $75.00 per week... I don't think any will pay for it as a drug treatment alternative.. Medicaid or Medicare I am pretty sure will not pay for it... even for pain management..

I always told heroin addicts... don't do it.. detox off heroin bite the bullet.. it is easier to bite that bullet..  don't go to methdone.. I have a friend.. I hate that she is doing the pain management with Methadone.. but the side effects from pain killers.. made her too non-functional.. she was abusing them... and the methadone does keep her functioning.. but there are other methods and if that clinic ever closes.. she will be traveling to who knows where.. because that is the only place you can get it...

They do allow THC in a urine if you are there for pain management... because many chronic pain people are smoking pot for pain...  these clients cannot get their methadone until after 11am.. and there are no take homes....

Doctors can prescribe methdone in pill form but the doses are low.. and it is real dangerous because there is no euphoria and they tend to take too many.. then the next thing you know it supresses the respitory system.. and you have an od on your hands.. doctors also use methadone with other narcotics.. it just pisses me off.. what I see.. the addicts.. all because of how we manange them..

One last thing... long term Methadone use is giving people spongeform brains.. meaning it eats holes...  it is an evil drug...  

I think we need to use heroin.. and it needs to be under public health.. with oversite through our public health departments.. that are already located in every community throughout the united states....

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 10:39:03 AM »

he had a dog hair stuck in his eye!!  :D
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 07:56:40 PM »

I know this is dredging up an old topic but this article sure explains why this place is so popular...

and a lot of the cars have Ohio plates so the funding must be similar in Ohio...

The articles says the average payout is $3500 per person and the clinic they're discussing can handle a capacity of around 400 patients a day...   

That's $1.4M to the clinic plus whatever the patient is paying :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/05/prescription_for_addiction_gov.html

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »

I know this is dredging up an old topic but this article sure explains why this place is so popular...

and a lot of the cars have Ohio plates so the funding must be similar in Ohio...

The articles says the average payout is $3500 per person and the clinic they're discussing can handle a capacity of around 400 patients a day...   

That's $1.4M to the clinic plus whatever the patient is paying :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/05/prescription_for_addiction_gov.html

Hmmmm  Run by a doctor that specializes in pain medication?  Just thinking out loud.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »

Article from Mlive...   this is about a patient at the similar clinic near Saginaw.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/05/prescription_for_addiction_aft.html

• New Talker
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »

i found out that those little black boxes are for the addicts who abide by the rules. they can take home a dose of methadone in the black box but have to keep it locked in this box until ready to use.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up