MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Describe yourself in a paragraph

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Describe yourself in a paragraph  (Read 284237 times)

bethany6788

• Hero Talker
Describe yourself in a paragraph
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:26:11 PM »

Doesn't have to be anything revealing. This is me :)

I enjoy the simple things in life. Being happy is a state of mind, and I don't think people should settle for less than they deserve. I always look toward the next best thing. I like seeing other people happy. When someone else is down, it breaks my heart. I've been through more than most people my age, but hey, it's what has made me stronger. Life has thrown me challenges, and so far, I've come out on top. I realized who my real friends are, and that my family always comes first..always. Photography is a passion of mine. I love music and movies. Heroes and Chuck are my favorite TV shows, so that means Monday nights I'm unavailable! I'm average, and that's okay. I'm not one of those girls that you turn your head toward when I walk down the street, and that's okay too. There is more to life than beauty on the outside. It's about what's on the inside. That's what really counts.
Beauty is whatever gives you joy. - Hugh Nibley

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
Re: Describe yourself in a paragraph
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:47:25 AM »

I strongly disagree with one of your statements, Bethany.

You ARE the type of woman that turns heads to look at you when you walk down the street!
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »

You ARE the type of woman that turns heads to look at you when you walk down the street!

That is absolutely true live ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Dalejrnut88

• New Talker
  • One of my baby girls! This is Hemi!
Safety Enterprises in Toledo
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »

I was almost a victim to pyramid scam out of Toledo. They are advertising in The Monroe Evening news right now about a job and needing to fill 10 positions, if your not making $650 a week to call them. DON'T! They tell you to put down a "deposit" of $165.00 for their supplies they provide you and tell you that you will get it back. They also promise you an office of your own and a manager position in about 30 to 90 days and you are in charge of about 30 or so people. I stupidly and not like me to fall for anything, gave them a check... but when I got home, I stopped payment on it. What they really do is have you sign a contract that only gives you the money back IF you become a manager, it does not say anywhere in the contract it is a deposit. If you don't come back, they still sold you $15 worth of stuff for $165. I read a few things online about this company and VERY FEW EVER make it to manager and you lose more money than you make. When I was there, I seen many red flags. One guy in there had to re-schedule because he did not have the "deposit". They boot him out the door until he came back with money. They told me training was paid. But the only way it is paid is if you sell enough of their stuff to get your 10% cut. They don't tell you they figured out a way to trick you into being an annoying low-life salesman. Telling you to shoot more for residential sales but looking at the prices, NOBODY in this economy can afford that stuff. They do have a couple good products but the cost is ridiculous. They figured out a way to snowball some people into selling the high dollar stuff and you only make pennies at most. I only want to warn you it is a bad deal. You can call them if you chose, but you have been warned!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Safety Enterprises in Toledo
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 10:21:52 AM »

I was almost a victim to pyramid scam out of Toledo. They are advertising in The Monroe Evening news right now about a job and needing to fill 10 positions, if your not making $650 a week to call them. DON'T! They tell you to put down a "deposit" of $165.00 for their supplies they provide you and tell you that you will get it back. They also promise you an office of your own and a manager position in about 30 to 90 days and you are in charge of about 30 or so people. I stupidly and not like me to fall for anything, gave them a check... but when I got home, I stopped payment on it. What they really do is have you sign a contract that only gives you the money back IF you become a manager, it does not say anywhere in the contract it is a deposit. If you don't come back, they still sold you $15 worth of stuff for $165. I read a few things online about this company and VERY FEW EVER make it to manager and you lose more money than you make. When I was there, I seen many red flags. One guy in there had to re-schedule because he did not have the "deposit". They boot him out the door until he came back with money. They told me training was paid. But the only way it is paid is if you sell enough of their stuff to get your 10% cut. They don't tell you they figured out a way to trick you into being an annoying low-life salesman. Telling you to shoot more for residential sales but looking at the prices, NOBODY in this economy can afford that stuff. They do have a couple good products but the cost is ridiculous. They figured out a way to snowball some people into selling the high dollar stuff and you only make pennies at most. I only want to warn you it is a bad deal. You can call them if you chose, but you have been warned!

Not sure what this has to do with the original thread topic Dalejrnut88...

out of curiosity, what type of product is this...    like Amway or food or ??
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

zard0z

Re: Safety Enterprises in Toledo
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:22:25 AM »

OK, thanks for the warning, but shouldn't you have started a separate thread for this...?

Dalejrnut88

• New Talker
  • One of my baby girls! This is Hemi!
Safety Enterprises in Toledo
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 10:37:26 AM »

I tried. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that.  It's getting frustrating! >:(

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 10:48:23 AM »

OK...   in an attempt to get back on topic here, I will repeat my earlier observation...

this is absolutely true live ;) ;) ;)

DaisyDuke726

• Hero Talker
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 09:08:22 AM »

OK...   in an attempt to get back on topic here, I will repeat my earlier observation...

this is absolutely true live ;) ;) ;)

I agree with both of you! Bethany is adorable and so sweet, nice and funny!

I'm going to attempt this paragraph thing lol so here goes....

I would say that I'm genuine in all things I do. I look out for people even if I don't know them that well. I see the best in almost everyone I meet - if they're rude or mean I just assume that it's because of events that have happened in their lives and not simply because some people are just mean to be mean. I love animals. I could never move away (even though I really want to) because my family means the world to me. I love to laugh and be silly but also know when to be serious. I tend to think I am always right. I take on way too many responsibilites even if it stresses me out because I can't say no for fear of letting someone down. I would rather stress myself out than say no to someone and have them feel stressed. I cannot wait to have a family of my own someday but fear that day is very far into my future. My biggest fear in life is never experiencing true love.

Alright that's all I could think of for now. Enjoy!
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
- Judy Garland

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »

Describe myself in a paragraph??

I don't know....  If you listen to what my ex thinks of me, MT wouldn't allow me to print that.   :-\

I would say I'm a hard worker (sometimes too hard), and I worry about things a lot, like money (or the lack thereof).  I consider myself somewhat generous, although there's a lot that I could be doing to help others, but I don't have the time or the money to do so.  I love dogs, and farming, and beer.....  Oh - and women.  One in particular!   ;D

I'll think of more when I'm not so bloody tired.....
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

bethany6788

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »

Aw you guys are so nice! Thanks :)

And I know it's not that easy to do, but sometimes describing yourself makes you recognize all the wonderful qualities that you possess :)
Beauty is whatever gives you joy. - Hugh Nibley

riversbend again

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 01:17:12 PM »

This is not easy...especially for me.   But I'll try

This was indeed NOT easy.  :-X

Notice I have not attempted this one yet?   :D

TheShepherd

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 07:29:12 PM »

Notice I have not attempted this one yet?   :D

I feel the same. :)
"The Backyard Gardener"

http://www.blogsmonroe.com/backyard/

To be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in the spring- these are some of the rewards of the simple life.   John Burroughs  [1837-1921]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJR-Creations/188968480501?ref=nf

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 12:06:36 AM »

Why are replies #3, 4, 5 and 6 titled : "Safety Enterprises in Toledo" instead of "Describe yourself in a paragraph"
Something screwy going on here. Dale what did you do?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:08:19 AM by Tiny »
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Lethlweapn

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »

Doesn't have to be anything revealing. This is me :)

I enjoy the simple things in life. Being happy is a state of mind, and I don't think people should settle for less than they deserve. I always look toward the next best thing. I like seeing other people happy. When someone else is down, it breaks my heart. I've been through more than most people my age, but hey, it's what has made me stronger. Life has thrown me challenges, and so far, I've come out on top. I realized who my real friends are, and that my family always comes first..always. Photography is a passion of mine. I love music and movies. Heroes and Chuck are my favorite TV shows, so that means Monday nights I'm unavailable! I'm average, and that's okay. I'm not one of those girls that you turn your head toward when I walk down the street, and that's okay too. There is more to life than beauty on the outside. It's about what's on the inside. That's what really counts.
Jeez, I don't have to write down mine now. You did it for me.

And I agree with Live, you are a head turner. I am too, but for different reasons. LOL ;)

P.S. CHUCK and HEROES RULE!!!. (Except for the fact that there will be no new shows until Feb 2.  :'( )
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up