MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Red Wings

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Wings  (Read 34875 times)

cc

• Hero Talker
Re: Red Wings
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:56:06 PM »

Where is the game on line, or is it over?

go to atdhe.net

cc

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 05:18:24 PM »

Wings play Colorado tonight. 

Last nights game with Nashville the Wings looked a bit tired and even sloppy.  The Preds looked pretty good.  It seemed like they were all over the ice.  Even in the last minute and a half with Detroit having 6 guys on the ice and them only having 4 it was if they were huge and no matter what the Wings tried Preds were just there in big fashion.

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 10:02:26 PM »

Was I correct in my glancing at the standings this morning that not only are we on top of our division, but the third best team in the NHL, points wise?
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

cc

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »

Was I correct in my glancing at the standings this morning that not only are we on top of our division, but the third best team in the NHL, points wise?

Yep -  as of today

San Jose = 60 pts
Boston = 58
Detroit = 51

Go Detroit!    Tonight 7:30

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 06:54:05 PM »

Yep -  as of today

San Jose = 60 pts
Boston = 58
Detroit = 51

Go Detroit!    Tonight 7:30

Tonight should be a good game.....the dreaded Blackhawks are playing some pretty solid hockey with their youngsters.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

cc

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 06:57:35 PM »

Tonight should be a good game.....the dreaded Blackhawks are playing some pretty solid hockey with their youngsters.

I am looking forward to this game.  And dont forget the outdoor game Thursday.  I really like watching that - I bet being there would be a lot of fun (cold but fun). 

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 06:58:50 PM »

I am looking forward to this game.  And dont forget the outdoor game Thursday.  I really like watching that - I bet being there would be a lot of fun (cold but fun). 

I wish I could make it up to that, it was a blast the first time I went.

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 06:59:54 PM »

Agree......I was really wishing for some snowy weather like last years game in Buffalo against the Pens.  Forecast is for temps slightly above freezing and no snow.  Should be good tho regardless.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 07:29:13 PM »

First one I went to was at the Big house and college hockey, but it was great.

- Socrates

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 05:23:39 AM »

First one I went to was at the Big house and college hockey, but it was great.

I missed that.......how/where did they set the rink up inside the stadium?

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »

I missed that.......how/where did they set the rink up inside the stadium?

They built it right on the football field

- Socrates

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »

They built it right on the football field

LOL....no duh!  I understand it was on the field,,,,,but oriented how?  Towards the East or West end, or set up in the center?  Did it line up with the same direction of play as football, or did they run it North/South? 

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 10:22:05 AM »

LOL....no duh!  I understand it was on the field,,,,,but oriented how?  Towards the East or West end, or set up in the center?  Did it line up with the same direction of play as football, or did they run it North/South? 

Sorry, not processing things today, I meant right on the center of the field. Ran East/West, and was a near sell out even with the 100,000+ seat stadium.

- Socrates

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »

Sorry, not processing things today, I meant right on the center of the field. Ran East/West, and was a near sell out even with the 100,000+ seat stadium.

I bet that was pretty neat!  I don't recall this though, how long ago was it and was the weather cold enough to keep the ice good?  Ice surfaces are kept at temps around 22F.

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 10:40:05 AM »

I bet that was pretty neat!  I don't recall this though, how long ago was it and was the weather cold enough to keep the ice good?  Ice surfaces are kept at temps around 22F.

It was quite cold that day, didn't seem to be a problem with the ice, back in 2001 I do believe. It was Michigan/Michigan St.

- Socrates

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Up