MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > "Giftmas".....We need a new National Holiday

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: "Giftmas".....We need a new National Holiday  (Read 6080 times)

__Resurgam__

Re: "Giftmas".....We need a new National Holiday
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »

My feathers are as ruffled as the silk birds of Peor.  ;D

__Resurgam__

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »

I was not referring to you, you were not  yelling or saying "back off".

It appeared you were discussing, just like some of the rest of us.
Oh, I know. I was just sayin.  :)

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »

I was not referring to you, you were not  yelling or saying "back off".

It appeared you were discussing, just like some of the rest of us.
I have a name, it's Marilyn. Feel free to address me directly.
Look, I was just expressing my thoughts, and frankly, I am sick and tired of those who are trying to take Christ out of Christmas and God out of America.
Maybe I should just shut the heck up since I'm usually in the minority. Maybe I should just freaking agree.

Or not lol.

utility slug

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »

And God bless us, every one !

~Tiny Tim Cratchett

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »

Ty riversbend, and to you too!
I did wish everyone happy holidays in other topics. I'm sorry this topic didn't make me feel particularly festive.

bloo II

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »

I have a name, it's Marilyn. Feel free to address me directly.
Look, I was just expressing my thoughts, and frankly, I am sick and tired of those who are trying to take Christ out of Christmas and God out of America.
Maybe I should just shut the heck up since I'm usually in the minority. Maybe I should just freaking agree.
I'm not trying to take Christ out of Christmas. I just disagree with the folks that seem to think that Christmas is the *only* holiday going on and screw anyone who doesn't celebrate it the same way they do. As far as I know, this country does NOT have an official religion. I don't appreciate the people who want to shove Christ in my face for the entire month of December, especially when I know the holiday to represent more than just the birth of Christ.

Just a difference of opinion.  :)
Love me or hate me, I'm still gonna shine.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 08:40:20 PM »

The holidays talked about in this thread are CHRISTmas and GIFTmas.  If you are talking about another holiday, make another thread.

bloo II

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »

The holidays talked about in this thread are CHRISTmas and GIFTmas.  If you are talking about another holiday, make another thread.
Then I vote for GIFTmas, sweetiepie.  :-*
Love me or hate me, I'm still gonna shine.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »

good for you sugar bun!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »

Okay I need a snack now.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 09:16:21 PM »

You don't appreciate people throwing Christ in your face and it sounds like Marilyn doesn't appreciate those not allowing her to use the word Christ. Do you get upset if someone says Happy Hanukah or is it just Merry Christmas? In Israel I bet most say Happy Hanukah. In Palestine I bet most say Happy Muharran or something like that. So what is wrong with someone in the United States saying Merry Christmas? It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder about Christ. Your belief and/or opinion is yours but why constantly bash those who believe in Christ in their own way. If someone was in the Christmas spirit and said Merry Christmas to you or your family, would that person be wrong? I guess the easy thing to do is bash a Christian or one who believes in Christ.

Merry Christmas Merry Christmas Merry Christmas to all and to all a Happy New Year!

I’d still like to know why you keep badgering her.

Is it because she’s a female and you think you’re superior in some way?

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Providence

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »

I don't know, I am not a christian, but I thought the "giving" part, no matter if it was a gift, time, a shoulder to cry on, done at Christmas time in the spirit of Christ.
It was my understanding that Christ was a very giving person, and people began to give at this time in celebration of him. I know nothing, so I could be totally wrong.  :-\

riversbend, I am one who went to Mass on Christmas Eve with my family to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.  Interesting, the priest spoke about the reason we do give gifts for Christmas and he says it was because when Christ Jesus was born, the scriptures say that the 3 Kings visited baby Jesus and brought him gifts of gold, frankincense (sp?) and myrrh.  We give gifts to our children in the celebration of Christ's birthday and things have evolved to so much more over the years.  Right or wrong interpretation, the sermon addressed the very question about the gift giving.

__Resurgam__

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 10:32:37 PM »

I don't care what the origin is, as long as I do it in pureness of heart to the glory of God. And even if something has a beginning I don't care for, it doesn't mean it can't end up as something good. God has infinite ways to work things into His favor and purpose.

"But as for you, you meant evil... but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day..." Genesis 50

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 11:48:58 PM »

With that comment I think most will consider the source being you. In terms of the MT treatment of ladies I think most members know your history and I will leave it at that.

Merry Christmas Fry!

I don’t know……you seem to have an issue with women…..maybe yo momma didn’t hug you enough.

It’s not even about this issue in particular…..you’ve rode her like a pony for quite some time now.

You and your butt buddies often come out of the blue to disparage her in some way…..it’s like you guys have some kind of vendetta going on.

There must be more to the story.

People don’t ordinarily hold long term grudges without just cause.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2008, 12:37:17 AM »

Fry, so I see you got your pm orders from your MT girlfriend.

You sure do enjoy talking about mommas of other people, so here is my answer to you.

Quit trying to play Mr. innocent and play the blame game. I just make comments just like you do. The difference is you have a MT history of degrading ladies. You have made some of the most disgusting, meanest, and nastiest comments towards lady members, wives of members, sisters of members, mothers of members, and daughters of members. You don't seem to have a conscience and you take no prisoners. You seem to take pleasure in dehumanizing people. You and MonroeMom/bloo seem to be a team and that tells me a lot. I will put my character up against yours anyday. When it comes to you nothing surprizes me fry. I don't even know why I waste my time commenting to you because I think most just considers the source when it comes to anything you have to say. You need to break that habit you have of talking about mommas!

Merry Christmas Fry!

I’ve not talked to her at all…what you see on the forum is it

It’s just that I see you picking fights with her whenever you can and if that means tag teaming with another fool…….you’re Johnny on the spot.

My comments may have gone overboard at times but that can happen in the heat of battle….and if you look at my history you’ll see the worst of it was when I was under attack.

I know how it is to have someone follow you from post to post creating issues…..very much like you are doing to bloo…..jabbing at her at every available opportunity.

I have no dog in this fight…..I like bloo and except for the badgering, I like you……I’m just trying to understand what is going on.

Apparently it’s something that even you don’t understand or care to share.

Well anyway….Happy New Year!

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up