MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > No Comment...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Comment...  (Read 5599 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: No Comment...
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2015, 03:41:57 AM »

My Planet Fitness post provokes a “rebuttal” from extremist right-wing “Christian” hypocrites

My post yesterday, “Anti-trans* woman uses Michigan’s Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act to sue Planet Fitness for terminating her membership” (which I cross-posted at Daily Kos) provoked a response from the so-called “Christians” at RenewAmerica.com today.

The piece is written by Ellis Washington, a founding board member of Salt and Light Global, and is titled “Salt and Light Global targeted for defending woman expelled from Planet Fitness“. In it, he accuses me and Daily Kos of being “anti-Christian”.

Do Christians have religious rights?
Last Tuesday a DailyKos blogger whose penname is “Eclectablog” wrote an incendiary rant titled, Anti-trans* woman uses Michigan civil rights act to sue Planet Fitness for cancelling her membership. In this anti-Christian diatribe Eclectablog cites to the original story…

Apparently this radical Progressive blogger is outraged that this woman wouldn’t just ignore her First Amendment rights (freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of association), shut her mouth and disappear and allow the LGBT community to hijack a public company like Planet Fitness as their own private, personal club. […]

DailyKos trying to slander Salt and Light Global

In the interest of full disclosure, I am the Director of Salt and Light Global (SLG) and personally know David Kallman and William Wagner. Although I’ve known Wagner much longer, I consider both David and William colleagues and friends whose professional and Christian character is unimpeachable. Therefore, Eclectablog’s hateful diatribe posted today on his blog only reveals his evil intent to launch a spear [sic] campaign against Ms. Cormier’s religious beliefs and civil rights violations and Mr. Kallman’s constitutional obligation as her attorney to protect her First Amendment rights to the fullest extent of the law.

Conclusion: DailyKos stop the anti-Christian hatred

In conclusion, don’t allow DailyKos and Eclectablog’s anti-Christian hate speech to distort what is really going on with the conflation of the LGBT agenda with bona fide racial discrimination and racism suffered by Blacks and other racial minorities – It’s not about our legal and religious rights organization, Salt and Light Global. It’s not about what Eclectablog calls “right-wing Christian zealots try[ing] to inflict their worldview on others.” It’s not about Yvette Cormier trying to make the LGBT community pariahs when they work out at Planet Fitness. It’s about the sanctity of the U.S. Constitution and the legal history that the First Amendment and the entire Bill of Rights are based on – absolute principles of right and wrong and First Principles which presume an integration of legality and morality. When those transcendent, biblical moral principles are violated as in Planet Fitness’s “no judgment zone” policies, then despite the good intentions of the CEO and other high officials at Planet Fitness, this store “policy” amounts to a constitutional violation and invidious religious discrimination of “sincerely-held religious beliefs” by citizens who are opposed to the LGBT agenda. Therefore, these store policies must be struck down as patent civil rights violations in addition to being abuses of our First Amendment right of freedom of religion and freedom of association. […]

DailyKos, Stop the anti-Christian hatred now!

He spends an enormous amount of his column explaining why trans* people are mentally ill, that being transgender is a “psychosis” and how there is no such thing as transgender. But mostly he rants about the loss of liberty and freedom Christian zealots like him and Yvette Cormier experience at the hands of people like me. We are, according to Washington, denying them their Constitutionally protected rights of freedom of speech and freedom of assembly.

These poor, put-upon, persecuted Christian bigots. Won’t anyone stand up to save them and protect their liberty and freedom to espouse vile hate and intolerance?!

The next thing you know, we’ll be passing laws preventing them from using the restroom or firing them because of who they are. I wonder what that feels like? Wanna know? Ask a trans* person.

For the record, I consider myself a Christian because I believe in the message of peace, love, and acceptance taught by Jesus Christ. I don’t attend church because of the hypocrisy (like that evidenced in Washington’s piece) I too often find there. I also consider myself a Taoist and, to some extent, a Buddhist. But I am not “anti-Christian”. I am, simply put, anti-hypocrite.
http://www.eclectablog.com/2015/03/my-planet-fitness-post-provokes-a-rebuttal-from-extremist-right-wing-christian-hypocrites.html

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2015, 07:05:39 AM »

For the record, I consider myself a Christian because I believe in the message of peace, love, and acceptance taught by Jesus Christ. I don’t attend church because of the hypocrisy (like that evidenced in Washington’s piece) I too often find there. I also consider myself a Taoist and, to some extent, a Buddhist. But I am not “anti-Christian”. I am, simply put, anti-hypocrite.

Dickweed,

First of all - just because you believe Jesus Christs message of peace, love, and acceptance doesn't mean you should consider yourself a Christian.  When you go on further to say that you are a Taoist and a Buddhist - that should be a flashing red light that you probably are not a Christian.

You should consider yourself a Christian if you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior - and if you recognize that he is the way, the truth, and the light.  That only through his Grace, and his Forgiveness can you find eternal life - not through things that you did or earned, but through his gift to us. 

As for Christians being Hypocrites - of course we are.   We are all imperfect sinners.  What exactly do you expect out of a bunch of sinners?  Do you expect us to do everything perfectly?  I sure don't.  That is why I am over joyed that I have salvation through the Grace of Jesus Christ.  That takes a load off - if you know what I mean.

I suggest you pick up and read a Bible, and keep reading it, and study it, and you open your heart up to let the Holy Spirit work within you.

I would love to have you born again and welcome you into the Congregation of Believers - and by that I don't mean any group that meets in a building and has a Pastor around Monroe.  Nope - just groups of sinners that get together and try to do what Jesus instructed us to do - though we come up short each and everyday.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2015, 11:06:40 AM »

Never happen.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

TLaitur

• Hero Talker
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »

Some posters on this page have seemed to skim over Matthew 7:5 when reading their Bibles.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »

Some posters on this page have seemed to skim over Matthew 7:5 when reading their Bibles.

I hope you aren't referring to me Tim.

I'll be the first one to admit that I am a poor miserable sinner each and everyday of my miserable existence on this planet.

What is worse is I know I am sinning most of the time - and I just can't help myself - so I am indeed one of those hypocrites.

Hence I am glad I have a Savior that is merciful.  I need it.

Maybe from your post you haven't read it?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2015, 03:02:39 PM »

Dickweed,

As for Christians being Hypocrites - of course we are.   We are all imperfect sinners.  What exactly do you expect out of a bunch of sinners?  Do you expect us to do everything perfectly?  I sure don't.  That is why I am over joyed that I have salvation through the Grace of Jesus Christ. 
Yep...you've provided quite an example.  8*

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2015, 09:19:29 PM »

Fox News Priest: Obama, Like All Atheists, Can't Be Trusted

"Catholic priest and Fox News contributor Father Jonathan Morris argued over the weekend that atheists were not suitable candidates for president because it was “hard to trust” someone who did not believe that God would punish them.

“One thing is very certain, you can’t fake religion,” Morris said of the Republican presidential candidates on Sunday’s edition of Fox & Friends. “Politicians sometimes fall into that, I think. What matters most to us Americans — those who will be voting — is what these guys said before they were running for president, the way in which they lived before they started running for president.”

“I think they need to be very clear about the values they believe in, not making stuff up in order to get votes,” he continued."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAfPvmXS3ns

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »

Christian Persecution? It's Everywhere. Can I Name One Example? No. [Hilarious Video]

"At the South Carolina Freedom Summit, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN 7) advocated State Department intervention when asked what role the United States should play in protecting Christians around the world:

One of the things that we should be doing here is being very strong in our stance with religious freedom in our country... Our allies around the globe want to see us stay strong on our rights and not erode those rights... With the human rights violations and religious persecutions around the globe, we need a State Department that is going to step in and say, "This is not acceptable."

Blackburn thought that Christians are being persecuted in the U.S., but could not give any examples when asked by this reporter."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V_znygZHj4

===

Cuss warning:

Decline In Religion Frightens Bill O’Reilly

The country is a buzz with new survey data showing that the numbers of Christians have been dropping precipitously over the over the past seven or eight years. What is to blame for this change? Well, Bill O’Reilly has a theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnrzDK717hY

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Teacher Punishes 7 Year Old For Not Believing In God
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2015, 10:05:04 PM »

Cuss warning:

Teacher Punishes 7 Year Old For Not Believing In God

“A lawsuit recently filed against a teacher at Forest Park Elementary School in Indiana alleged that a 7-year-old student was “banished” from sitting with other students at lunch after he revealed that he did not believe in God.

According to the lawsuit obtained by The Washington Post, second grade teacher Michelle Myer interrogated the student, who was identified with the initials A.B., about his religious beliefs after he told his classmates on the playground that he did not go to church because he did not believe in God.

As a result, the child was ordered to sit by himself during lunch for a three-day period.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkwFwRNzzBM
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:07:03 PM by Frenchfry »

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Republicans Fire Woman For Not Going To Church
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2015, 10:06:41 PM »

Cuss warning:

In Kansas, Republicans take their religion very seriously… to the point where they’d like to shred the constitution. They refuse to acknowledge separation of church and state. Now they’ve actually fired a woman, Courtney Canfield, for not going to church.

"An employee of the Kansas’ Republican Secretary of State Kris Kobach’s office says she was fired from her job for not belonging to or attending a church.

According to the Topeka Capital-Journal, Courtney Canfield of Topeka filed suit against the secretary of state’s office naming her supervisor Eric Rucker as defendant.

Canfield claims that before she was fired in November of 2013, Rucker said “repeatedly and emphatically” that she was being terminated because “She just doesn’t go to a church.””

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clGzREnlf-g

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
Re: Republicans Fire Woman For Not Going To Church
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2015, 10:28:32 PM »

Cuss warning:

In Kansas, Republicans take their religion very seriously… to the point where they’d like to shred the constitution. They refuse to acknowledge separation of church and state. Now they’ve actually fired a woman, Courtney Canfield, for not going to church.

"An employee of the Kansas’ Republican Secretary of State Kris Kobach’s office says she was fired from her job for not belonging to or attending a church.

According to the Topeka Capital-Journal, Courtney Canfield of Topeka filed suit against the secretary of state’s office naming her supervisor Eric Rucker as defendant.

Canfield claims that before she was fired in November of 2013, Rucker said “repeatedly and emphatically” that she was being terminated because “She just doesn’t go to a church.””

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clGzREnlf-g

I read that and knew the right wing echo machine would never let the republicans here know.

I am not surprised with the revelation though.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2015, 04:02:16 PM »

I read that and knew the right wing echo machine would never let the republicans here know.

I am not surprised with the revelation though.

Echo machine?

You echoed Fry.

You ARE the Echo Machine.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2015, 04:05:54 PM »

Echo machine?

You echoed Fry.

You ARE the Echo Machine.

Well lookie there

what a total surprise

24/7 says nothing on topic just so he can be personally insulting.

Funny how you self proclaimed "independents" do that in such a partisan way.  Makes one think you are in a 12 step program "republicans anonymous"
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2015, 04:09:08 PM »

Well lookie there

what a total surprise

24/7 says nothing on topic just so he can be personally insulting.

Funny how you self proclaimed "independents" do that in such a partisan way.  Makes one think you are in a 12 step program "republicans anonymous"

Oh Right....

You are the Independent....

Even though you only rip on Republicans....  and ONLY defend Democrats.....

Right Duck.  Quack Quack Quack.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up