MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Islamophobia

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Down

Author Topic: Islamophobia  (Read 14236 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Islamophobia
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »

So where is Fry?

Why don't you cruise over to his neighborhood in the White Lincoln with Prof and see if he is okay?  You can split a bottle of scotch on the way.

Naw, I always respected his privacy.  I went as far as reaching out to him via PM to have a coffee and just chat.  He very politely declined, stated his reasons rationally, and I respected that.  I would have loved to converse at length with him.....I loved his wit and quick thinking ability.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2016, 08:33:47 PM »

Naw, I always respected his privacy.  I went as far as reaching out to him via PM to have a coffee and just chat.  He very politely declined, stated his reasons rationally, and I respected that.  I would have loved to converse at length with him.....I loved his wit and quick thinking ability.

Sometimes you are a sad case....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2016, 09:06:12 PM »

As are you!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2016, 11:39:48 PM »

I did the same -

I believe he incurred a lifetime ban - and likely has either moved to another area - or is a lurker - as the IT would recognize his IP address for any new moniker
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2016, 07:13:34 AM »

I admit to being mostly ignorant in computer and IT matters.

Is it not possible to change your IT address?  How do those work?  Do they go with internet providers, or what?

Example - if you are posting from home - your home server gives one, your work gives another, a hotel another, etc?  Or are they tied to a PC itself, or a login on a PC? 

What determines an IT address?

I also respect peoples privacy - but Fry sure didn't respect mine.  I'm happy to tell anyone who I am who wants to know in a PM, but I didn't appreciate him broadcasting it. 
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2016, 07:27:13 AM »

I can see where your case was different, understandable.  The dude never did mess with me too much, even though we may not have agreed on some specific topics or issues.  I learned to coexist with folks I did not agree with long ago, and not to take it to a personal level......it's a natural occurrence to disagree.

Not sure how that IP thing works either......I do know that when I was suspended here that someone sent me this program/link that would generate a different number that would allow me to get in.  Problem was is that I picked up a virus off that site that really caused some deep routed issues.

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2016, 10:00:58 AM »

I didn’t have too much problem with the guy (Frenchfry), but we did have our disagreements.  He had a pretty distorted view of the legal system that he felt wronged him. 

I wasn’t a fan of the epic 50 post in a row marathons, but it was pretty easy to just ignore that stuff.  He did post some eye-opening stuff once in awhile.

The site definitely lacks balance since he’s gone.  It’s about a dozen hard core Republicans with Fuzz in the middle and only a couple progressives that post occasionally.  I used to make a point of looking in every day, but it’s not unusual for me to go weeks without peeking in anymore.

There used to be all kinds of fun with lots of friendly chiding and back-and-forth, especially on weekend nights.  That’s when we had several female posters and fun innuendo. Then the Monroe Native era started, 95% of the fun people left and the site became what it is. 

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »

Yea.....I miss those old weekend evenings when the ladies were all on board - lots of laughs and the innuendo was outright hilarious. 

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2016, 12:35:34 PM »

I didn’t have too much problem with the guy (Frenchfry), but we did have our disagreements.  He had a pretty distorted view of the legal system that he felt wronged him. 

I wasn’t a fan of the epic 50 post in a row marathons, but it was pretty easy to just ignore that stuff.  He did post some eye-opening stuff once in awhile.

The site definitely lacks balance since he’s gone.  It’s about a dozen hard core Republicans with Fuzz in the middle and only a couple progressives that post occasionally.  I used to make a point of looking in every day, but it’s not unusual for me to go weeks without peeking in anymore.

There used to be all kinds of fun with lots of friendly chiding and back-and-forth, especially on weekend nights.  That’s when we had several female posters and fun innuendo. Then the Monroe Native era started, 95% of the fun people left and the site became what it is.

Now Now.

Most of the "fun" people were gone long before I got here.  When I showed up it was pretty well just a couple of groups at each others throats.

I would like to know whatever has become of Monique.  I do miss the pillow talk.

Why don't we just talk about something fun and uncontroversial, like football, and forget the politics? 

It's not like anyone cares what we think anyway.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »

Yup.....that's really what it all boils down to, for sure.

Monique was a rather strong woman, I'm certain she is doing just fine.  A true survivor!

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #385 on: August 19, 2016, 01:20:20 PM »

I would like to know whatever has become of Monique.

Wonder no more.  She left because of your douchebaggery and seems to be doing just fine without the site.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2016, 02:49:28 PM »

Wonder no more.  She left because of your douchebaggery and seems to be doing just fine without the site.

It's all my fault.

It's all my fault.

It's all my fault.

LOL!

I am the great and powerful cornholio.  Show me your bunghole!

Give me a break.

There was plenty of dochebaggery to go around. 

Everyone can take a big bite of that sandwich, whether you want to admit it or not.

Now - can we move forward, or shall we dwell in the past? 

I have some pleasant memories.  I don't mind wallowing there.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2016, 07:54:52 PM »

I did the same -

I believe he incurred a lifetime ban - and likely has either moved to another area - or is a lurker - as the IT would recognize his IP address for any new moniker

By Deductive Logic, I loved that class, that sometimes makes you a sad case too then.

Must be that back swing hitch that Brian keeps telling me about.   ;D

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »

By Deductive Logic, I loved that class, that sometimes makes you a sad case too then.

Must be that back swing hitch that Brian keeps telling me about.   ;D

By Deductive Logic, other posters could come to the conclusion that my dochebaggery caused Fry to quit posting, and he is very happy elsewhere.

I get no credit in this case?

;)
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Up