MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > No Comment...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Comment...  (Read 3125 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: No Comment...
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2014, 12:17:19 PM »

Pope Francis Calls For 'Legitimate Redistribution' Of Wealth To The Poor
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/09/pope-francis-redistribution-wealth-_n_5294629.html

===

Pope Francis: 'Marxist Ideology Is Wrong, But I Know Many Marxist Who Are Good People'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/14/pope-francis-marxist_n_4447229.html

===

I'm no Marxist, Pope Francis tells conservative critics
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/im-no-marxist-pope-francis-tells-conservative-critics-f2D11748599
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2014, 12:18:11 PM »

Who's More Moral, Religious or Non-Religious? STUDY

"So much for religious people being more righteous than non-believers.

Sure-to-be-controversial new research shows that religious and non-religious people are equally likely to misbehave. The only difference between the groups is that religious people show stronger emotional reactions to moral and immoral deeds.

“To our knowledge, it’s the first study that directly assesses how morality plays out in people’s everyday lived experience,” Dr. Linda Skitka, a psychologist at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the co-author of a paper describing the research, said in a written statement."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlRcoT64MM&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »

Cuss warning

GodTV Founder Resigns Over Too Many Comings

“Rory Alec, the co-founder, with his wife Wendy, and CEO of GodTV has stepped down from his position citing a personal “moral failure” in his marriage.

According to Charisma News, Alec announced his resignation on the network’s Facebook page.

“After 20 years of service, I have had a moral failure this year. For this reason, I am stepping down, Alec wrote. “Please forgive me for the disappointment I’ve caused, but I know your eyes are on Jesus who is the author and finisher of your faith and not on me, an imperfect man. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm my season with GOD TV is over for now.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Bdu_Qf-2E&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ&index=12
John Stuart Mill

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »

This Holy Book Is Full Of Appalling Violence

“...Unconsciously, perhaps, many Christians consider Islam to be a kind of dark shadow of their own faith, with the ugly words of the Koran standing in absolute contrast to the scriptures they themselves cherish. In the minds of ordinary Christians - and Jews - the Koran teaches savagery and warfare, while the Bible offers a message of love, forgiveness, and charity. For the prophet Micah, God's commands to his people are summarized in the words "act justly, and love mercy, and walk humbly with your God" (Micah 6:8 ). Christians recall the words of the dying Jesus: "Father, forgive them: they know not what they do."

But in terms of ordering violence and bloodshed, any simplistic claim about the superiority of the Bible to the Koran would be wildly wrong."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI2OBylwl0k&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ
John Stuart Mill

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2014, 11:07:19 AM »

Cuss warning:

Atheist Wins $2 Million After Being Forced To Attend Faith-Based Drug Rehab

"A California atheist has won a settlement of nearly $2 million after being sent to jail on a parole violation for objections he made about participating in a faith-based rehab program.

Barry A. Hazle Jr., 46, served time for a conviction of methamphetamine possession in 2007. As a condition of his parole, he was enrolled in a drug treatment program where participants were required to acknowledge a "higher power," according to the Sacramento Bee.

Hazle complained and asked for a different treatment program, but was told the only option in his area was the faith-based, Westcare 12-step program, according to the Record Searchlight.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSVLQBm-kSg&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ

Wasn't that long ago when someone I know questioned the order of Monroe Judge...something about being forced to participate in a Harbor Light/Salvation Army program since they are religious organizations. The mere question angered the judge and he sentenced the guy immediately to jail, violating the Holmes Act and imposed a felony on his record. Perhaps this ruling means he could sue as well.
https://www.usc.salvationarmy.org/usc/www_usc_detroithl.nsf/0/D12F5D339E1E1F98862578B00069DA76/$file/Monroe%20Harbor%20Light%20web%20brochure.pdf
John Stuart Mill

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »

Pastor’s Ebola-Gay Marriage Theory Is Nuts But The Bigger Picture Is Truly Scary

“A Baptist pastor is warning that God will escalate the Ebola crisis when North Carolina begins performing same-sex marriages.

During his Sunday sermon following a series of court actions that effectively struck down North Carolina’s constitutional ban on marriage equality, Berean Baptist Church Pastor Pastor Ron Baity suggested that homosexuality was a sign of the End Times.

“So the book of the Revelation is about End Times events and what happens when this world is destroyed by fire, when the stars and the universe and the sun and the moon, like untimely figs cast from a tree, are just completely done away with and annihilated,” he said, telling his congregation to focus on what the Bible said would happen before that."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPdJZ9EpSs8&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ&index=6
John Stuart Mill

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up