MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Islamophobia

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Islamophobia  (Read 3070 times)

Monique

• Hero Talker
Re: Islamophobia
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2015, 08:36:57 PM »

I agree that in today's age of knowledge that there is little place for some of the Sharia practices.  Fundamentalist I suppose.
There is little place for ANY fundamentalist practices, Muslim, Christian, or otherwise. To Muslims, their ways are perfectly normal. To fundamentalist Christians, their practices are perfectly normal. Just look at the Duggars and their "full quiver" mentality (along with many other impractical practices). But if humanity wants to move forward and continue to exist, religions need to go away. They are the root of the evil in today's world.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »

I'm not sure about that being the root of it, but take advantage of weak-minded individuals not capable of absorbing normalcy around them.  But to your point, normalcy is relative I guess.

I always thought the separation of church and state was a damned good idea, and based on lessons learned in history.  I hate seeing religion get intertwined in government.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

lilly

• Hero Talker
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2015, 09:26:19 PM »

There is little place for ANY fundamentalist practices, Muslim, Christian, or otherwise. To Muslims, their ways are perfectly normal. To fundamentalist Christians, their practices are perfectly normal. Just look at the Duggars and their "full quiver" mentality (along with many other impractical practices). But if humanity wants to move forward and continue to exist, religions need to go away. They are the root of the evil in today's world.
I disagree.

I believe it is people that pervert and distort religion to advance their own desires is the root of evil.

lilly

• Hero Talker

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2015, 10:33:16 PM »

If you lean toward religiousness, of course you won't agree with me. However, religion itself necessarily defines "differentness" between people, and that necessarily instigates hostility and intolerance.

We have a hard enough time with culture clashes. If you have a shred of objectivity and a desire for world peace, you will see that religions are toxic to humankind.

BTW, I am not an atheist.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2015, 10:08:55 AM »

I disagree.

I believe it is people that pervert and distort religion to advance their own desires is the root of evil.

I agree 100%.

Religions, by their nature, cannot be evil.  The evil is in the people, whether they believe in any type of religion or not.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2015, 10:30:04 AM »

Yeah, I think we all are in agreement.  People read into things what they want to believe.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »

It's an individual decision to let it define you as a person should one sink down into the radical element of a religion.  My opinion anyway.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #113 on: Today at 01:12:18 PM »

Cuss warning:

Michigan Town Fears ISIS Summer Camp In Their Backyard

A Michigan town has blocked one of their Muslim residents from building a summer camp, for fear that it will become an ISIS training camp. The man wanted to build the camp for his son and daughter to bring their scout troops to earn some extra money. The other residents are convinced that it will become a training ground for Muslim extremists.

"A Michigan man who is a not-very-pious Muslim is taken aback by neighbors in his rural community who oppose his plans to build a secular summer camp for kids on his property because they think it’s going to be an ISIS training camp.

David Salha, who is an American citizen and immigrated to the United States from Lebanon when he was 8 years old, wanted to build a summer getaway on his 150-acre property in Lupton, a rural Michigan town just north of Detroit, the Huffington Post reports.

But when he was going about his way and applying for required use permits, he was shocked to discover his neighbors had whipped themselves into a frenzy and escalated a summer camp for kids into an imagined ISIS hotbed."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh4jru2T6kI
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up