MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Why is the traditional Christian way of life disappearing?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is the traditional Christian way of life disappearing?  (Read 2955 times)

FScott12345

• Super Talker
Re: Why is the traditional Christian way of life disappearing?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »

I still don't know what the "Traditional Christian way of life" is, or if it's even disappearing.

Perhaps it's still there.  Maybe some people just don't recognize it any more.

I've always pictured the "Traditional Christian Way of Life" as the stereotypical 1950's "Leave it to Beaver" type of household. 

You do bring up a good point though Live.  I should have better defined what I meant at the beginning of this topic.
1984 was a warning not a guide.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 08:59:31 AM »

Chick-fil-A Owner Shows Pure ‘Evil’ After Closing Shop

It seems as if the stories about the Christian-owned restaurant chain Chick-fil-A and just how “evil” they are never stop coming, and such appears to be the case in Texas, when an owner showed just how “horrible” those values can be after he was forced to shut down his location for several months.

Yahoo! News reported that Jeff Glover had approximately 50 employees at his Austin-based restaurant, all of whom were due to lose out on their income for five months as he shut down the establishment for renovations. The easy thing for Glover to do would have been to temporarily lay the workers off, allowing them to either collect unemployment benefits, which are a fraction of regular income, or possibly find another job until he was able to reopen.

But Glover didn’t want to do the easy thing. In fact, Glover did the opposite of easy, showing just how “evil” his deeply rooted Christian beliefs are.

“It would be a real financial crisis for the 50 families represented by the workers here to have to go five months without a job,” said Glover.

So what did Glover do exactly? Well, he decided he was going to pay his employees for the entire time the restaurant was closed down, isn’t that cool? That wasn’t all though, as Glover went a step further and gave everyone who stuck with him through the renovations a raise of $1 per hour. Now, that right there is some evil stuff.

http://madworldnews.com/chick-fil-a-owner-pure-evil/
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 11:44:59 PM »

The Changing Global Religious Landscape

Babies born to Muslims will begin to outnumber Christian births by 2035; people with no religion face a birth dearth

Here is an eye opening article for those of you that have an attention span long enough to get through it. (Yeah it's a long read) By 2055 our money could very well say in Allah We Trust.

Muslims have the highest fertility rate of any religious group – an average of 2.9 children per woman, well above replacement level (2.1), the minimum typically needed to maintain a stable population (.9) Christians are second, at 2.6 children per woman. Hindu and Jewish fertility (2.3 each) are both just below the global average of 2.4 children per woman. All other groups have fertility levels too low to sustain their populations.

http://www.pewforum.org/2017/04/05/the-changing-global-religious-landscape/#change-in-where-groups-are-concentrated

Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up