MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Todays religions have been twisted by man!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Todays religions have been twisted by man!  (Read 2762 times)

sue lee

• Hero Talker
Re: Todays religions have been twisted by man!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 04:24:31 PM »

Man is a Religious Animal.  He is the only Religious Animal.  He is the only animal that has the True Religion - several of them.  He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight.  He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven.  ~Mark Twain
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

Lady Arbella

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »

I can only say from my own experience that when a person who is not a Christian is presented with that much information, it is overwhelming. It almost a deterrent for anyone who is possibly open to the idea of learning about Jesus.

When Christians, who with the best of intentions, try and share their love for God by quoting Bible verses, it is almost like they are speaking a different language. I think there are many people who are willing to have an open mind about becoming a Christian, but are thrown way too much information to quickly.

I consider myself a Christian, but have arrived at where I am by taking it all in a little at a time.

Lady:

I don't think people are bothered by the Biblical language they don't understand, it is the language they do
understand that bothers them.

John, I think you may be right about that.  :)  I just believe that if a person is looking to explore Christianity, then it is easier to take baby steps. When a person is accustomed to living an unruly life, all of those rules are a bit hard to take in all at once.
If your dog doesn't like someone, you probably shouldn't either.

zard0z

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 04:58:19 PM »

No No No.........you didn't mean that.....take it back.  :(

OK, I'll take it back...But this is why I said that...

All I have read on this forum lately is the endless ramblings of a few highly religious people who can't NO, they refuse to let others have there own minds and opinions...They have repeatedly counter attacked every single person who has had the where-with-all to post how they feel...I for one think that is pompas and extremely close minded...It's OK to respond to a post, but don't insult or degrade someone with mass amounts of holy rhetoric JUST because you don't like what they say...

The last time I looked this was NOT Sunday school...I'm not on here to find Christ...!

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:01:01 PM by zard0z »

Lady Arbella

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 05:13:45 PM »

OK, I'll take it back...But this is why I said that...

All I have read on this forum lately is the endless ramblings of a few highly religious people who can't NO, they refuse to let others have there own minds and opinions...They have repeatedly counter attacked every single person who has had the where-with-all to post how they feel...I for one think that is pompas and extremely close minded...It's OK to respond to a post, but don't insult or degrade someone with mass amounts of holy rhetoric JUST because you don't like what they say...

The last time I looked this was NOT Sunday school...I'm not on here to find Christ...!

I know why you said it, and I also knew that you didn't mean it.  :) I think these people have good intentions, they are doing what they feel is right, standing up for what they believe in, so for that they get some respect.

However, some of them are a bit clueless on how to convey their message without putting everyone on the defensive. Which is a shame, because it defeats the entire purpose of their message.

Christfollower .......that comment was not directed at you. I have seen you listen and take in what everyone says and adjust accordingly. Keep up the good work.  :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:21:21 PM by Lady Arbella »
If your dog doesn't like someone, you probably shouldn't either.

christfollower

• Hero Talker
  • Luke 9:23
    • Be Comforted Ministries
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 09:26:25 PM »

John, I think you may be right about that.  :)  I just believe that if a person is looking to explore Christianity, then it is easier to take baby steps. When a person is accustomed to living an unruly life, all of those rules are a bit hard to take in all at once.
Oh my goodness Ms Lady you just sparked a new fire in my bones. This is so wise of you. You are absolutlly right. Salvation is immediate when an individual accepts Jesus into His/her heart and makes a commitment to allow Jesus to be the lord of his/her life. From that point on their name is written in the lambs book of life. Now as an individual begins to study Gods word, worship, pray, and attend services the Holy Spirit will begin to teach them in they way that they should live. Just because you say a sinners prayer and stand before God doest'nt mean that the change is immediate. God will begin to transform your life and you will begin to seek him more and more and want to please him more and more. It takes time to get to know one another in any relationship it is the same thing with God it is about a reltionship with Him not some religous ritual or some made up prayer. It's about getting to know Him and then the rules you had stated wont be rules any more but desires to please God
IN GOD WE TRUST

no one gets my name right anyway

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 08:30:51 PM »

Yes, the sudden influx of religious topics has me wondeirng if I need to find another place to wander (on the net and maybe in real life, too!). A bit too much for me as well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up