MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Emergency meeting planned on road conditions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emergency meeting planned on road conditions  (Read 5215 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Emergency meeting planned on road conditions
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »

DZ used HP as whipping boy for about 35 minutes .Great smoke and mirrors .

Pennrod must make a helluva salary.  They'd have to pay me a big dollar amount to be Zorn's flunkie........

No pride I guess.  I wonder how long Pennrod wil last??

There was no accountability with Bartnick, then came Ralph Lange and the MCRC started to attain some accountability and was operated with some professionalism.  Then Ralph Lange mysteriously resigns and we have a line foreman promoted to General Manager and it's back to the Bartnick ages of no accountability again.  It's just a 'hole on Telegraph Road the taxpayers keep throwing money into'.........  Problem is, as of late, it's getting harder and harder to throw that money into that hole and getting nothing in return.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

janjay

• Hero Talker
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »

Pennrod must make a helluva salary.  They'd have to pay me a big dollar amount to be Zorn's flunkie........

No pride I guess.  I wonder how long Pennrod wil last??

There was no accountability with Bartnick, then came Ralph Lange and the MCRC started to attain some accountability and was operated with some professionalism.  Then Ralph Lange mysteriously resigns and we have a line foreman promoted to General Manager and it's back to the Bartnick ages of no accountability again.  It's just a 'hole on Telegraph Road the taxpayers keep throwing money into'.........  Problem is, as of late, it's getting harder and harder to throw that money into that hole and getting nothing in return.
    Knowing Ralph Lange had to leave his Ohio city job under cloud amazed me that how we got CFO from Midland  Both DZ picks ?

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2009, 11:02:22 PM »

The only way anything gets done is if the residents keep the heat on.  Otherwise it will be business as usual with MCRC and the politicians. 

That about covers it.  Sadly, the only reason it came to a head this time (and it wasn't because of all the negative letters to the editor in the MEN) or the articles praising the MCRC for it's efforts in handling winters storms..????

(I find it arcane that the MEN is always praising the MCRC no matter how degrading the letters are in the 'letters to the editor column')..... it was because the superintendents of the local school districts are pretty dismayed with the performance of the MCRC this season and put Zorn and his henchmen on the carpet to answer why.

If it snows, you don't want to venture too far off the Interstate or main roads.  The secondary roads, for the most part this year, have only been fit for use by snowmobile.

It's way past time to let the respective Townships privatize their road maintenance and snow removal and let the MCRC take care of what the get paid (by the State and Federal Government) to do...take care of the Interstates and federal and state routes.  They get paid well for that by the way, despite their constant whining about no funding.

Privatization is an especially good idea in out depressed economy.  It would create jobs and add funds to a non-governmental entity.  What a concept.

Again, the taxpayers don't mean squat.  You need to have some political clout to get the ball rolling and then all it equates to is a pig roast anyway.  Sounds like Zorn just made an 'example' of Pennrod.  Like I said, money cures all ills.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2009, 11:06:44 PM »

...I'm sure we will have a synopsis in the MEN concerning the meeting.  Whether it will be interesting reading remains to be seen.

If past practrice by the MEN sets the precident for the article, it will only be good for wrapping the garbage in. :(

janjay

• Hero Talker
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 07:58:34 AM »

...I'm sure we will have a synopsis in the MEN concerning the meeting.  Whether it will be interesting reading remains to be seen.

If past practrice by the MEN sets the precident for the article, it will only be good for wrapping the garbage in. :(
This could not have been the meeting I was at ? Dog and pony ,kangaroo court ,Spanish Inquisition  or chest thumping  That's the gathering I was at ! Heard a lot of Bashing on this and that .Where is the PLAN for Emergencies in MONRE county ? Who is in CHARGE ? What is supposed to happen ? WHO is responsible for WHAT? Where do YOU and I get a copy ? Has this plan been TESTED  ?  Sorry out of SMOKE and my Mirror is FOGGING  !        http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090201/NEWS01/901319993&frompost=1
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 08:06:03 AM by janjay »

janjay

• Hero Talker
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2009, 10:20:37 AM »

RoadBoss  IMHO; The MCRC  Snow plow operators are hard working and honest and I said so at meeting ! The Big question is ,the Whole County Failed to Have and implement it [ The PLAN ]  for residents and visitors [this included public safety and people who need to get to work or chemo ] wishing and needing to get somewhere to do something . This meeting was a sham with less than two days notice and not being held at a lager location.The NINE are ultimate [leaders and elected ] guardians of TAX moneys .!!!

Bedfordres

• Hero Talker
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »

I didn't get the sense that this was a meeting the public was invited to.  It was very short notice and of course held in Monroe where they is no place to park.  Quite convenient.  I guess as long as all the school officials attended and had their say that may be good enough.  But the politicians will never get the message until hundreds of citizens become involved.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »

I didn't get the sense that this was a meeting the public was invited to.  It was very short notice and of course held in Monroe where they is no place to park.  Quite convenient.  I guess as long as all the school officials attended and had their say that may be good enough.  But the politicians will never get the message until hundreds of citizens become involved.

Parking.....what parking?  There is parking in downtown Monroe?  All that aside, the MCRC needs a large dose of accountability along with the officials that oversee the MCRC and are supposed to insure that the MCRC operates as an entity for the people of Monroe County.

As I stated in a previous post, we had the Bartnick dark ages and then the Ralph Lange renaissance age and now we are regressing back toward the dark ages again.  It's past time for some constructive control and implementation.

When I went to bed last night it was windy.  I knew the wind would cause drifting in the road either in front of our home or on the north south road down the way.  It turned out that it was the road in front on the house to the tune of about 2-1/2 feet of blown powder.  Quite impassable for 90% of the vehicles we all drive. 

I performed the same drill I've performed on many winter mornings.....get the farm tractor out (with the blower on) and clear the road.  Around 4 this afternoon, a MCRC truck with a front blade and belly blade came down the road.  As usual there wasn't much for him (or her) to do but it's the thought that counts.  After all these years living in Monroe County, I've come to expect to do the road myself in order to be able to get out to the paved road.  I've seen days go by without any MCRC vehicles even attempting to clear the road and after other storms, the MCRC is plowing our road in a matter of hours...there is no consistency whatsoever.

I consider myself lucky to have the equipment to be able to clear the road, however, there are many residents who have to depend entirely on the MCRC to open impassable roads for them to get out to go to work, go to school or for emergency reasons.  It's for those taxpaying citizens especially, that the MCRC needs to get it's act together and provide them with the service that they pay for.  I realize that the MCRC is paid by the State and Federal Government to maintain the Interstate, Federal and State highways in the county...but, they are also paid to maintain secondary roads as well......by you and I.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up