MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > 5 to 4 vote to make CFO Unemployed ?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 to 4 vote to make CFO Unemployed ?  (Read 1801 times)

janjay

• Hero Talker
5 to 4 vote to make CFO Unemployed ?
« on: February 25, 2009, 07:31:42 AM »

Lets See how long takes MENS to report if they do at all ? CFO Monroe County Commissioners  5 to 4 to Vote out CFO last night ! I can hardly wait for spin on this !

monroemuskrat

• Hero Talker
Re: 5 to 4 vote to make CFO Unemployed ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:53:32 AM »

This should make you really happy.  Mr. Sisk will learn that what goes around, comes around.  I am sure that his buddies Frank Spreeman or Royce Maniko are anxious to jump in.  Neither one of them has financial expertise.

janjay

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:11:30 AM »

This should make you really happy.  Mr. Sisk will learn that what goes around, comes around.  I am sure that his buddies Frank Spreeman or Royce Maniko are anxious to jump in.  Neither one of them has financial expertise.
   Don'T forget Mike B . Just waiting till the money is counted at the soon big accounting . Only the tax payers will be punished .

monroemuskrat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 08:26:26 AM »

After seeing Charles Londo get beat up for saving money and cutting jobs, why would Mike Bosanac even think about it. Anybody who comes in to this job, should know that the commissioners have their own agenda and will do whatever they please.  The CFO job should not be about politics, but it is.  It is not a position what wins popularity contests. The county will be broke in no time.  Maybe King Crutchfield will be looking a his kingdom a little differently if there is no money in the coffers. 

Charles Londo got the ball rolling on instituting the technology department that has saved $$$$$$$, all the commissioners do is keep giving the money away. I am happy that 4 of them have insight and intelligence, apparently the others have none.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:28:55 AM by monroemuskrat »

janjay

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 06:41:12 AM »

How Many Secrets Will be Now Exposed or Sealed forever ? Betting He Will Leave With VERY NICE Retirement Deal !!!

NTurner

• Active Talker
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »

I just wanted to bump this story back up and see what people had to say about this story.

Administrator Londo's contract was not renewed and unless something changes he will be replaced after June 30 I believe. It was a 5-4 vote with Sisk, Lievens, Zorn, Fowler and Velliquette voting not to renew and Mentel, Oley, Frederick and Potraz voting to renew his contract.

Let's hear your thoughts?
"One thing I learned long ago is that raising the level of your voice does not raise the level of the discussion." Former Michigan Governor William G. Milliken

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 07:33:03 PM »

I just wanted to bump this story back up and see what people had to say about this story.

Administrator Londo's contract was not renewed and unless something changes he will be replaced after June 30 I believe. It was a 5-4 vote with Sisk, Lievens, Zorn, Fowler and Velliquette voting not to renew and Mentel, Oley, Frederick and Potraz voting to renew his contract.

Let's hear your thoughts?

I'm thinking he kind oh had a hunch what was going to happen...

and that he was probably getting ready to leave even if his contract had been extended...

he was scheduled for an interview in Muskegon a week ago...
  http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2009/02/muskegon_county_seeks_administ.html 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

NTurner

• Active Talker
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »

The writing on the wall was definitely there.

Poor review from the board of commissioners when previously had always received high marks.
The board changed his contract from automatically renewing to being renewed by the board. He was supposed to be up for renewal before the election and the board pushed it back until after the election because there might be a new board and they didn't want to make a decision about his contract right before a new board was elected.
Very negative comments about his interactions with the 911 center director from the board
Very negative comments about his conduct during this budget cycle from the board.

The writing was definitely on the wall.
"One thing I learned long ago is that raising the level of your voice does not raise the level of the discussion." Former Michigan Governor William G. Milliken

monroemuskrat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 07:08:04 AM »

Knowing all of the commissioners and Mr. Londo, I believe that 90 percent of the reason his contract was not renewed was because of personality clashes and politics.  The Board of Commissioners has a habit of micro-managing and they obviously have little knowledge of the true budget process.  They continue to override recommendations where cuts could be made because they have the policital force to do so.  It has been this way ever since 1992.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 09:11:21 AM »

Well now maybe Jan Jay can fix it!
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: [1]   Go Up