MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Support & Feature Requests (Moderator: Administration) > SLOOOOWWWW

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SLOOOOWWWW  (Read 19614 times)

cc

• Hero Talker
SLOOOOWWWW
« on: March 01, 2009, 08:55:05 PM »

Is there a reason for the extremely slow response time tonight?   Just curious....

Thanks

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
Re: SLOOOOWWWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »

We hosted our first ever Monroe News Q & A live chat tonight.  We set the page up on our MonroeTalks.com server.   We didn't expect this first one to be so popular, but we've been hit with a huge surge of traffic.  As you can tell, it's slowed the site down to a crawl.   The chat should be ending soon, which should speed things back up. 

We're already working on repairing this, as we plan to do many more of these live Q & A chats in the future.   Thanks for the feedback. 
MonroeTalks.com Administration

PXaiver

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 07:20:46 AM »

Why not just have a live chat box all the time?  It helps you get to know the other members better.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:01:08 AM »

Is there a talk going on now?  Why is it running so slow this morning?

Kazimer

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »

Monroe News :

Congratulations and excellent work on your first Live Chat Q&A last night.

I understand that the initial use of this feature slowed MT down. At the same time, it was great to read the MEN taking a quick response in addressing this issue.

Perhaps MEN may consider having the click in and server use be held on the MEN newspaper online instead of on MT and its server.

While there has been a suggestion for MEN to consider having a constant chat box, I appreciate and understand the difference between that offering and the Live Chat feature the MEN just implemented.

For example, MEN's Live Chat Q&A is similar to MLive's use of this type of community interactive component.

Link to a recent MLive Live Chat from February 12th http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/02/foren_chat.html

While a Live Chat box may offer some MT members an avenue to hold conversations that don't necessarily fit as posts on the forum,  I recommend that it be separate from the Live Chat  Q&A due to the divergent focus and use of each item.

Continuing, I recommend that best practices be utilized in a Live Chat Box review so that MEN's business and community standards are met and maintained.

In that manner, a Live Chat box would be an asset to and not a detraction from MEN.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:38:22 AM by Kazimer »

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 02:29:41 PM »

I can understand being overloaded last night with the new chat thing.  But MT seems down more than up for the past couple of weeks.  I am seriously getting tired of typing posts and have them go off into oblivion because the site shut down AGAIN.  When are you going to get it fixed?
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

new to area

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »

Oh come on, the hamsters running the server have to rest every once in a while. :D

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »

I can understand being overloaded last night with the new chat thing.  But MT seems down more than up for the past couple of weeks.  I am seriously getting tired of typing posts and have them go off into oblivion because the site shut down AGAIN.  When are you going to get it fixed?

This is just as frustrating for us.  We've been working on the slow issues all day, it seems there might be an issue with the new theme.  I'll be posting a new thread as we try some tests to narrow down the issues.  We're not giving up on this.. bear with us!! 
MonroeTalks.com Administration

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 08:15:18 PM »

Thank God! I thought I made it barf. The hamster was very tasty though.  ;)
Snuggle & keep warm.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 08:33:08 PM »

8*

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 02:42:01 PM »

I really liked the check box on the right side of the page to "mark this as read."  Is it going to be brought back?

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 09:47:44 AM »

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@monroetalks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at monroetalks.com Port 80
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Paula Wethington

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • The Monroe News
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 10:09:47 AM »

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@monroetalks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at monroetalks.com Port 80

I'm running into issues with the blog pages too. I've notified IT.
Newsroom digital team leader member, reporter for The Monroe News
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/MonroeNewsPaula

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »

Anybody else notice how slow the site has been?

Not real slow but noticeably.

I guess they're vigorously blocking someone and it's sucking the power out of the system.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 11:22:17 AM »

Slooooow

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up