MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > City Budget Proposes 9 more Firefighters layoff/cut

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down

Author Topic: City Budget Proposes 9 more Firefighters layoff/cut  (Read 27114 times)

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
Re: City Budget Proposes 9 more Firefighters layoff/cut
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »

It is warranted because the option was still available. They could have chosen to lose three positions if they chose to run two ambulances, or they could have chosen to lose four positions and run one ambulance, and free up their work load.

How does ANY vote on reducing staff and an ambulance free up anyones work load?

They chose the latter. The only thing not an option was to keep things as they are, and it was not an option to give years of service to entice retirement, since that was a huge cost to the city taxpayers. Do you have some sort of comprehension problem or is your head buried in the crotch of your fellow firemen, even though you are just a volunteer in Petersburg? If that is it, then you should look at how they sold out one of their own on their last vote. 

Dick I asked you a simple question, those of which you seem uncabable of answering.

A simple yes or no:

Are you saying that when the FF's took thier vote to cut 4 and 1 ambulance that they could have also voted on the option to cut 3 and no ambulances?  (During the same vote)  Yes or No? (The reason I ask again is to give you an opportunity to check your facts and give a straight answer without diving into a diatribe of obvious hatred towards FF's)

BTW, I am not on Petersburgs department, but that is a 100% great group of guys and gals that know how to fight fire and they know thier brothers to the west have their back everytime.  And what does "even though you are just a volunteer" mean?  Are you suggesting that we rural FF's are somehow lessor in value compared to the City guys?  While I do not care for Union politics I would stand next to the City guys and do the job anytime they call, and they would in return.  The mindset of a firefighter is something you simply just cannot wrap your brain around.

Lessening the workload by reducing staff and apparatus?  Thanks!  I needed a good laugh! 

dickI02

« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »

Dick I asked you a simple question, those of which you seem uncabable of answering.

A simple yes or no:

Are you saying that when the FF's took thier vote to cut 4 and 1 ambulance that they could have also voted on the option to cut 3 and no ambulances?  (During the same vote)  Yes or No? (The reason I ask again is to give you an opportunity to check your facts and give a straight answer without diving into a diatribe of obvious hatred towards FF's)

When they took their vote to cut 4 people and one ambulance they could have also voted for the option to cut 3 and RETAIN both ambulances. Other than that, they could have voted both options down and lost nine and both ambulances. Hope this clears this up enough for you to comprehend.
Edit: As pointed out, I erred thinking you were writing that they had the option to cut 3 positions with no ambulances being run, which was never an option. It could be taken either way.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:09:22 PM by dickI02 »

The Maniacal Joker

• Hero Talker
  • Why So Serious?
« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2009, 06:57:13 PM »

When they took their vote to cut 4 people and one ambulance they could have also voted for the oprion to cut 3 and RETAIN both ambulances. Other than that, they could have voted both options down and lost nine and both ambulances. There is not a yes or no when you type options that were not available, like losing three and both ambulances, as this was never an option. Hope this clears this up enough for you to comprehend.

A simple yes or no:

Actually, DICK, jbs said "the option to cut 3 and NO ambulances"

Where did you get the part that he said cutting 3 and both ambulances?

Look who has the comprehension problem now.
I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger.

Searacer

• New Talker
« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2009, 07:39:18 PM »

Let's try this again, since it obviously didn't work before.

Isn't the fact that both sides have come to an agreement that works good enough to stop the bickering? The worst thing that could have happened (being the loss of the full nine positions and all of the ambulance transport) was avoided. I'm certain that the staffing of the fire stations will be worked out so that the fire department personnel will be safe, and the City will be protected. Let's thank the fire department for their past, present, and future service and move forward.

Professor H: You started this topic, why not lock it to stop all of this nonsense. This has all been beat to death and casts a dark shadow on the City and fire department.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:42:57 PM by Searacer »

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #364 on: June 11, 2009, 08:33:53 PM »

Let's try this again, since it obviously didn't work before.

Isn't the fact that both sides have come to an agreement that works good enough to stop the bickering? The worst thing that could have happened (being the loss of the full nine positions and all of the ambulance transport) was avoided. I'm certain that the staffing of the fire stations will be worked out so that the fire department personnel will be safe, and the City will be protected. Let's thank the fire department for their past, present, and future service and move forward.

Professor H: You started this topic, why not lock it to stop all of this nonsense. This has all been beat to death and casts a dark shadow on the City and fire department.

I agree and will lock it - but I may start another if I hear of atrocities being furthered against the department that the "NEWS" won't cover...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #365 on: June 11, 2009, 08:36:33 PM »

I agree and will lock it - but I may start another if I hear of atrocities being furthered against the department that the "NEWS" won't cover...

Could always just unlock this if the need arises.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #366 on: June 11, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »

Could always just unlock this if the need arises.
Can't even see how to lock it...   I'm looking
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #367 on: June 11, 2009, 08:40:04 PM »

ummm, I'd help, but I don't know where the button is either.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up