MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > NEW NO WASTE PIZZA NY STYLE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW NO WASTE PIZZA NY STYLE  (Read 8752 times)

zard0z

Re: NEW NO WASTE PIZZA NY STYLE
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »

You're kidding right?

For the love of all that is holy, I hope this is a joke...Not right, not even close.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »

people will do anything to save the earth these days zard!!
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

kelameen

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »

The more I think about it the more I am having second thoughts about trying it.  I guess it would be ok if you reused the black olives and maybe the green pepper but Im not sure about the rest.
Why is faith good?

cc

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »

So let me get this right, they only want the toppings, and they are run through a food washer sanitizer of some sort, so you can eat the crust, sauce, swirl the stuff around in your mouth, spit it in the "extra" box and give it back after sucking the life out of the onions and peppers?
Sounds so yummy. ;D

Thanks ShorTea - that left a rather NASTY mental image in my head.   Lets just say it will be a very VERY VEEEEEERRRRYYYY long time before pizza is bought again.    lol

carguy

• Hero Talker
  • Very Fun!
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 09:48:30 PM »

First of all there is no way the health deparment would let that go down.
]

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

Obama signed it into law allowing that under the farm bill.  Something about irradiation or something like that.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Abby

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 10:56:35 PM »

The thought of that just gags me!  Yuk!  I'll just skip my almost favorite food--pizza--if I have to go that route.  Recycled pizza is pushing the limits to far!

As far as we are concerned, the best pizza around comes from Gino's in Ida or Sam's in Maybee.  A little drive, but well worth it.  Lots of veggies and cheese, but no floating grease on top.  Great crust! That's a plus for us!

alwayssmile

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 11:58:01 PM »

You gotta be out of your freakin mind! Pay a driver to sit for thirty minutes cost more than a large pie loaded!!! Please!!

yeah, let's use our brains now..... has anyone worked at a pizza place....?? friday nights are slammed, and if you mean to tell me, they have to wait 30 mins in the driveway for the people to get done chewing... seriously, this is just stupid, because the place would lose business b/c customers would have to wait on other ppl to finish eating.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 06:22:47 AM »

yeah, let's use our brains now..... has anyone worked at a pizza place....?? friday nights are slammed, and if you mean to tell me, they have to wait 30 mins in the driveway for the people to get done chewing... seriously, this is just stupid, because the place would lose business b/c customers would have to wait on other ppl to finish eating.

from what i heard...it does take a while for most people to get their pizzas...but the pizza is loaded with toppings that you have to use a knife and fork to eat it. so its well worth the wait.

and the delivery people will be elderly volunteers just getting their gas reimbursed.

Monrover

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »

Has anyone gotten word of the new pizza joint to be opened in Monroe named NO WASTE PIZZA?  They are calling themselves no waste because they take back your uneaten pizza so to save the toppings( minus anchovies and pineapple).  They are put through a cleansing solution of some sort. They actually give you an extra side box for your uneaten portion and will wait in your drive if you tell them you will be less than 30 min.  They also give you a $1 coupon for every slice you return (uneaten of course) 1.50 for deep dish.  Im gonna give it a try once it opens in June....

This joke has run it's course.  :)
Never argue with an idiot.
They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

“A government with the policy to rob Peter to pay Paul can be assured of the support of Paul”

monroeliftingclub

• Active Talker
    • MLC
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 09:25:58 AM »

Strongman Sundays
tom_monroeliftingclub@yahoo.com
for details

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 11:20:41 AM »

and the delivery people will be elderly volunteers just getting their gas reimbursed.

Ah...you will stop at nothing...Good thing my BS meter has new batteries...BEEP BEEP BEEP
Snuggle & keep warm.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 11:49:28 AM »

well i guess you all will just have to wait n see!

im surely not saying i will try this place if and when it does come to the monroe area...but it will be interesting to see how well they do in this poor economy.

again from what i have been hearing...there is a taco place in mexico that is using the same process.

alwayssmile

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »

i'll gag while eating pizza that I know the toppings were in someone elses mouth.... i rather eat topping that fell on the floor..........

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »

i'll gag while eating pizza that I know the toppings were in someone elses mouth.... i rather eat topping that fell on the floor..........

smiley...from what i hear again...is that there is another pre-process to evaluate whether saliva is present on such toppings being considered for re-use...i do believe you will be safe eating them...i mean they do check for regurgitation of such items, if stomach fluids are present they give the toppings to the pet dog.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up