MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > EVERYONE IN THE U. S. NEEDS TO KNOW

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: EVERYONE IN THE U. S. NEEDS TO KNOW  (Read 2877 times)

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
Re: EVERYONE IN THE U. S. NEEDS TO KNOW
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 11:41:46 AM »

I know people have taken up the habit of ignoring FF and his sometimes voluminous copy-and-pastes, but his post made a good point: Under this act, no refugees are being moved to the United States.  Humanitarian aid is simply being provided to assist Palestinian refugees. 

Don’t work yourselves into a frenzy over misinformation.

Chips

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 03:20:17 PM »

I know people have taken up the habit of ignoring FF and his sometimes voluminous copy-and-pastes, but his post made a good point: Under this act, no refugees are being moved to the United States.  Humanitarian aid is simply being provided to assist Palestinian refugees. 

Don’t work yourselves into a frenzy over misinformation.

Isn't Humanitarian aid a misnomer?
What it is really, is more wasting of hard earned American tax dollars to a foreign country.
How about helping the homeless in the USA?
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

SPOOKYTOOTH

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »

Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U. S. needs to know....

Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed yesterday, behind our backs.. You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza.

The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United20States, was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Let's review...itemized list of some of Barack Obama's most recent actions since his inauguration:

His first call to any head of state, as president, was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.

His first one-on-one television interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.

His first executive order was to fund/facilitate abortion(s) not just here within the U. S., but within the world, using U. S. tax payer funds.

He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainees halted.

He ordered overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.

He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and the "terror attack" on 9/11.

Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself:
  www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488

PLEASE PASS THIS ON... AMERICA NEEDS TO K NOW

WE are losing this country at a rapid pace.

Ahhh, I don't mean to rain on anyone's "party" , but this HAS been presented BEFORE, as usual apparently only a select few were paying attention....:

SPOOKYTOOTH

Obama Youth Brigades... "Everything Old is New Again"....
« on: March 25, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »

So, as one of the left wing lackies presented; H.R. 1388 wasn't snuck past anyone other than those who weren't PAYING ATTENTION in the first place.
Boo Hoo.... Too Late Now.... maybe someone should've been paying closer attention. 

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 08:32:47 PM »

Right. Like Israel doesn't need the hundred billion dollars a year we give them.

LF:
Nothing like making a "slight" exaggeration to help make  a point eh LF. Appears we have provided Israel an average of $ 3 billion a year between 1985 and 2008.
Course you'll probably come back and accuse me of not providing attribution. Fine. I'll provide mine if you'll provide yours.
John Kopke

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 01:01:19 AM »

Fine, I'm off by a factor of 100. Or, by 60 years.

Since 1948, we've given just shy of 100 billion dollars in grants and contracts... these are the ones we have on the books.

Where, however, did the Israelis get nuclear arms? They certainly didn't develop them out of thin air. It's an open secret that Israel has a nuclear arsenal. It certainly didn't come from Russia or Europe... that leaves us.
your mom goes to college.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »

Since some can't seem to get even close to overcoming the right wing propaganda they swallow whole, I again ask how this bill as anything to do with immigration or the other propaganda spouted with a tin foil hat loudness.

H.R.1388

The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act
A bill entitled "The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, an Act to reauthorize and reform the national service laws."
current 111st session of congress
OpenCongress Summary:
The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (formally the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act) authorizes a dramatic funding increase for AmeriCorps and other volunteer programs, and the creation of new programs for seniors and veterans. It establishes a goal of expanding from 75,000 government-supported volunteers to 250,000, and would increase education funding and establish a summer volunteer program for students, paying $500 (which would be applied to college costs) to high-school and middle-school student who participate.
President Barack Obama signed the legislation on April 21, 2009. While it authorizes $5.7 billion over six years, Congress must still approve the funding as part of the budget.
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1388/show

After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Chips

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 07:06:44 AM »

Since some can't seem to get even close to overcoming the right wing propaganda they swallow whole, I again ask how this bill as anything to do with immigration or the other propaganda spouted with a tin foil hat loudness.

H.R.1388

A bill entitled "The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, an Act to reauthorize and reform the national service laws."
OpenCongress Summary:
The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (formally the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act) authorizes a dramatic funding increase for AmeriCorps and other volunteer programs, and the creation of new programs for seniors and veterans. It establishes a goal of expanding from 75,000 government-supported volunteers to 250,000, and would increase education funding and establish a summer volunteer program for students, paying $500 (which would be applied to college costs) to high-school and middle-school student who participate.
President Barack Obama signed the legislation on April 21, 2009. While it authorizes $5.7 billion over six years, Congress must still approve the funding as part of the budget.
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1388/show

Again, since you ignored it...
What it is really, is more wasting of hard earned American tax dollars to a foreign country.
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

Aunt Lisa

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 08:35:48 AM »

Why can't the American people just acknowledge, most of the middle east countries HATE US. They DO NOT want to be friends with us so stop kissing their @$$ and giving them money. Let me tell everyone one more time, THEY HATE US........

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »

either way...i dont want my money sent to foreign pockets...please give it back!!

ding! Ding! DING!

Winner!!

Gimme is what got us here...

peace
"No man's life or liberty is safe while the Legislature is in session." ~Mark Twain

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 09:11:46 AM »

Again, since you ignored it...
What foreign countries, HOW?  As far as I can tell Americorp operates only in the United States, unless I missed something.  SO, Where is the money going out of country?

Chips

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »

What foreign countries, HOW?  As far as I can tell Americorp operates only in the United States, unless I missed something.  SO, Where is the money going out of country?

"Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza.

The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States, was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4."
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 06:55:38 PM »

"Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States, was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4."

But they are talking about
H.R.1388

OpenCongress Summary:

I can't find the part that gives money to HAmas or any foreign country tied to that bill.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up