MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nevaeh Buchanan  > AMBER ALERT!!!! Monroe Mi - 2

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 495   Go Down

Author Topic: AMBER ALERT!!!! Monroe Mi - 2  (Read 196850 times)

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
AMBER ALERT!!!! Monroe Mi - 2
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »

Previous thread can be found here:   http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13727.0

In efforts to speed up usability of the site, we have started this new thread, on the same topic.   Please continue the conversation here.   
The slowness users have been experiencing and reporting could be related to the previous thread having so many pages and posts.    The old thread can still be accessed and viewed by users and guests.    Thanks.
MonroeTalks.com Administration

hardheadedwoman

• Hero Talker
Re: AMBER ALERT!!!! Monroe Mi - 2
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »

thank you Administration!!!  I'm thinking this will work!

TourdeMonroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »

It's no longer an "Amber Alert", too bad we can't name is something else. 
Food is our common ground, a universal experience.
--James Beard--
It is nobler to declare oneself wrong than to insist on being right - especially when one is right.
--Friedrich Nietzsche--

just_cause

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 09:02:29 AM »

thanks!

morning everybody  :-\

hope there's some info in the PC this a.m.

i'm anxious to know what might've been found on JB's computer and cell phone!

TourdeMonroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 09:02:45 AM »

It's no longer an "Amber Alert", too bad we can't name is something else.
I guess its still on the "Amber Alert" system, but Im thinking that will change after the press conference today.
Food is our common ground, a universal experience.
--James Beard--
It is nobler to declare oneself wrong than to insist on being right - especially when one is right.
--Friedrich Nietzsche--

concerned mother of 2

• Super Talker
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »

Will be still be able to go to the links in the last thread?

GhengisMom

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 09:06:08 AM »

No offense, Riar, but I'd rather see her alive and playing and getting ready to go to Kindergarten this fall, while happily making her home with her new adoptive family, and all parental rights of her bio-parents terminated...
"Taking your toys and going home is never a valid argument" :D

Paula Wethington

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • The Monroe News
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »

For consistency's sake, it made sense to roll over the Amber Alert title. This is just a continuation of what was on that thread.

There have been other spinoff topics started, but Amber Alert thread is where you all were hanging out.
Reporter and digital media team member, The Monroe News and Bedford Now
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/MonroeNewsPaula

concerned mother of 2

• Super Talker
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »

I have to say I agree with GhengisMom.  The world may have ugly things in it, but it is worth every minute to experience the amazing things that happen every day also.

Susan T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:16:39 AM »

this is better, thank you ADMIN.
Those who complain, came in late.We have got the start on them, which we are determined to keep. Cherokee Chief Doublehead. 1796

Hope4Nevaeh

• New Talker
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 09:17:48 AM »

Sorry to butt in this is something everyone needs to look into Mark Landslid has been trying to get this passed and so far he has not had enough support over the money issues I think this is a very good idea and Jessica's law which has passed is still not being used in all courts and states...once again sorry to butt in on your forum just seen some were talking about changes in the AMBER ALERT system and I agree but I also think we need to have some sort of tracking device also..God Bless all of you sending many hugs that way

Sex offenders would have been required to wear Global Positioning System devices on their ankles for five years following their release from prison, or for life for those deemed sexual predators, to better enable law enforcement personnel to track their whereabouts. The costs of tracking and monitoring offenders would have been absorbed by each State.
States would have been required to mail sex offender registration forms at least twice per year, at random times, to verify registrants' addresses. Any registrants who did not respond within 10 days would have to be considered noncompliance.

Susan T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 09:19:54 AM »

WTOL  just said that they will have the news conference live at 10:30. That the family is 99.9% sure it is Nevaeh but not positive.If the DNA comes back and it is not her, then someone else is missing their child. I don't know what to think anymore.
Those who complain, came in late.We have got the start on them, which we are determined to keep. Cherokee Chief Doublehead. 1796

Susan T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »

Sorry to butt in this is something everyone needs to look into Mark Landslid has been trying to get this passed and so far he has not had enough support over the money issues I think this is a very good idea and Jessica's law which has passed is still not being used in all courts and states...once again sorry to butt in on your forum just seen some were talking about changes in the AMBER ALERT system and I agree but I also think we need to have some sort of tracking device also..God Bless all of you sending many hugs that way

Sex offenders would have been required to wear Global Positioning System devices on their ankles for five years following their release from prison, or for life for those deemed sexual predators, to better enable law enforcement personnel to track their whereabouts. The costs of tracking and monitoring offenders would have been absorbed by each State.
States would have been required to mail sex offender registration forms at least twice per year, at random times, to verify registrants' addresses. Any registrants who did not respond within 10 days would have to be considered noncompliance.

Hope, you are not Butting IN. you are part of us now.."warts and all". I have been saying Jessicas Law. But don't know how to go about it. I have been searching between, trying to see the latest  here. you imput is most welcome here.

mom3

• New Talker
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »

I was just wandering, does anyone know if you can use the Google earth to go back and look at the time she went missing? I have never used it, its just a thought that crossed my mind after seeing how they spy on other countries on the news this morning.

We will never forget Nevaeh, she will always be in our hearts.

Lon Winters

• Super Talker
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 09:27:02 AM »

Good morning all.  I know many were up late last night, I hope everyone was able to get a little rest.  The next few days and even weeks are also going to trying on the family as well as everyone here who is following this case.  It's ok to take a break now and then to regroup, clear your head.

While this investigation continues, we all have our suspicions and feelings about who may be responsible.  It may be someone who we have heard of, or not  we just don't know at this point. But I'm glad to see that during the speculation there has not been this mob mentality that I have witnessed in the past on other cases, and with this on other message boards. I think we all realize that it's important that the right person(s) be brought to justice, and to not just find a scapegoat.

There have been some good points made regarding some of the evidence. One was that if Easter did burn receipts that might be evidence, then the store most likely also has a copy.  You can bet the FBI is all over that.

Others who are under suspicion we've talked about. We dissect their words from the statements they've given to the media. But they've also given more in depth statement to the police. They will be going back to corroborate these statements, especially to establish a time line on May 24.

Cell phone records will be examined again to determine if calls were placed according to statements, and from what locations (cell towers). Witnesses will be questioned again, or their statements re-examined. From there, I think they will see some major inconsistencies.  They will, but we won't know because we won't have access to that information.

If there was an accomplice, then one's bound to turn on the other. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 495   Go Up