MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Getting Started & Site News > Flooding the site - warning

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flooding the site - warning  (Read 5762 times)

zard0z

Re: Flooding the site - warning
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 09:25:16 AM »

This is an open discussion forum.  We don't agree with everything either, but people are welcome to post what they want (within the terms of the site).    I think the average person reading through the Rumor thread Shaggy started, can see which is fact or fiction right away.  I can't tell you how many "thank you's" we've received for having a place for residents to vent.   Agree with it or not, it is what it is.  This is our digital version of "the back yard fence"..  a place folks can chit chat about things going on in the community.   

I know people aren't always going to agree on this site, but we ask everyone to act like adults and respect each other.  Disagreements can be discussed respectfully. 

I'm sorry everyone is upset with us.  We have so many users now it hasn't been as easy to manage as in the past.    We basically have created a "no tolerance" policy with all of these new users giving them a couple warnings, then placing them on temporary leave.   Long time users we are trying to be as lenient as possible with, but we can only dole out so many warnings.

Thanks to everyone for the supportive comments sent in, we're doing our best and we appreciate the encouragement.   

Yeah, open discusion my ***, you deleted my posts without so much as an explanation as to why...and after the fact doesn't count...You deleted that thread without provocation, why is it that you let frenchfry go on and on about bringing bloo back and never deleted that thread, you're a jackass and I'm through with this site.  You disrespected everyone that was standing up for shaggy and instead of explaining the situation you just went ahead and deleted what you didn't want talked about...And for that you should be ashamed, but I know you have no conscience or any sense of descent repsect for letting those in the wrong triumph over those that were only pointing out the fact that speculation and rumor could harm if not kept in check.

Let's see how long this stays up before you delete it...I am after all only expressing my opinion of something gone out of control.

zard0z

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:32 AM »

Oh BTW, the amber alert thread is already flooding the forum, but that must be OK...

new to area

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 09:37:55 AM »

I received a warning the other day 8*, for what, I don't know and quite frankly I don't care. I have been on this site for almost 2 years and because I don't make 30 posts a day, I was accused of being one of the "outsiders" or an alias for someone who was banned.

Zard is right, this isn't an "open" discussion forum. There are different rules for different users. There is also no such thing as a "debate" here either. If you dare disagree with some users, you are vilified and ganged up on.

The admins on this site have only themselves to blame for the uprising lately. They let things get WAY out of hand and now they are trying to clean up the mess they made. As they say, "you reep what you sow".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 10:25:25 AM »

i would really like to see the posts that they made that got them banned!

do you suppose they "saved" them ???
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »

There was nothing to save!!

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:28 PM »

do you suppose they "saved" them ???

thought maybe the kid might have them somewhere!
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

tampachicken

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »

Nosh if I would of been thinking I could of done a screen shot, however I saw no post from Shaggy that was out of line... I did see plenty from Chad.. actually I had to go back pages and pages to make sure they were removed because I reported some of them. (actually I had to write down what page they were on, so I could check to see of they were gone)   I have him on ignore... so I have to click to see what he writes.. the only reason why I opened his post is because how people were responding to them... and when I saw what he wrote I reported them.  There were some that we just disgusting... about Jennifer Buchanan and spreading her legs.. The anger and the language...I mean it made me feel uncomfortable.. and I have pretty thick skin!

I do believe that Susan T posts about killing pedophiles with axes and hatches are still up... She did delete the ones she made towards me, and apologized...

I think Chad's are still up where he wants to use a sledge hammer and start at the toes... again... even on the same day you would have to go back ten or twenty pages to find these things even if only an hour had gone by.. that is how fast that thread was rolling..

I have been posting since June 22, 2007  I have never received a warning, or have ever been in any trouble with administration.  I am pretty good at fighting my own battles.  

I did report a few PM's I received from Chad to admin.. other than that, the past few days have been the only time on MT I had to report posts because of their content... Me of all people was disturbed about the content... Yet these people are still here... and their behavior has not changed... so either they have not received warnings or are not heeding to them and nothing is being done....

Now none of these were from what I would call the new people... That is a seperate issue...Where foolishly, I again tried to use my skills to reason with people in order to put a little common sense into the insanity that was being posted..  However posting crazy stupid things are not a violation..

I wasted a lot of my time...  In hindsight.. I would probably would do it again because what was transpiring is not right...  Admin could of and should of been making some of the post that me and some of the others were making to reign in the crowd... but they let it go on... Hey admin.. There is nothing wrong with trying to control a crowd when emotions are running high...

I did not see anything that was any different from what I was asking from the Mob.. posted by shaggy.. and nothing stands out in my mind from Fluffy.. whatever..  Deamon.. I did not see the post,  again things were rolling so fast...   I do know Shaggy said he was banned because they said he was being a Bully... well if thats the case a lot of us would of been banned a long time ago...  John Kopke came right out and threatened Ducksoup when the Tea bagging thread was going on... and I do believe that John is behind posting FF's personal info...  under a different name of course...

Again though... Chad has a history of calling MEN and threatening them.. he did it when he was a Squonk... he has posted things about shaggys father, aunt.. all these things that they say to him about Shaggy.. he has on more than one occaison has threatened physical harm...

I believe the other people that sent me the PMs about chad sending them nasty PM's... Because when I posted that someone was doing this... He popped up... and when I did not answer his PM that he sent telling me how it was not him... (again I said no names in that thread I started)... he went ballistic... and yes everyone got to see the PMs he sent... because yes... I posted them for all the world to see... Oh yeah.. he also called another persons employer.. of course he outed himself on that one too....   I tell ya.. some of the things that he has written... makes me feel grateful, I am in Tampa....

People can think what they want... that it started on MU... It did not.. It started here... then he attacked me in the shout box over there...  then he continued it over here... that is when I said enough is enough.. he wants people to think he is such a nice guy... and is acting like a worm, send me nasty PMs... then block me from responding... so that is why I did what I did.. and ya know... he left me alone over here.... again I handle things a little differently sometimes... 

I have not opened the amber thread today... and probably will not.  I hear that Marilyn popped up and asked people to take a day off... and I am doing Just that!

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 03:11:38 PM »

tks tc...i checked back on some of shagsters posts and seen nothing bad. maybe they were taken off already who knows.

i know at least one of mine was taken off in the horror movie thread...i said nothing bad so why who knows!

as far as chad...chad will be chad...i know him and even though at one time we were going to tear each others heads off...that has long gone and i like him.
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »

I don't care about that other thread.  I don't want to read it or know what horrid things people are saying.

I do care that many long time posters -  that just happen to be not right wing whacko, not radical religious zealot, not someone that makes personal threats, not someone that reveals personal information about other posters.  Those never even seem to get pm's to stop because they don't ever stop.

I care because, not admin. but management, wants them at any cost, and no one else.

I care because many stopped posting here many months ago because of that same issue.  Not just a few of who are moderate conservatives that were also disgusted with the uneven handed approach.
Some returned slowly, hoping it had changed.  Apparently it is worse.

Free speech is SUPPOSED to be for all sides, not just the ONE that management professes.  But, hey, it is your site and you can be as fascist as you want, right?

edit to add, is who correct, or whom?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:32:55 PM by ducksoup »
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

tampachicken

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 03:33:03 PM »

Yes I know Chad will be Chad.. and yes I have met him too... he is escalating...  and has been for sometime..  He is focused on a few.. Again.. what he has posted is disgraceful, how can one person be banned for being a bully (which is questionable), when one makes out and out violent threats, and they are still here?

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »

Yes I know Chad will be Chad.. and yes I have met him too... he is escalating...  and has been for sometime..  He is focused on a few.. Again.. what he has posted is disgraceful, how can one person be banned for being a bully (which is questionable), when one makes out and out violent threats, and they are still here?

I've always heard: "It's not who you know . . . . "

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 03:39:36 PM »

I read the news and hear stories of murder and domestic terrorism from people that spout off the same way.  Funny it is never the ones from the other side, maybe they get silenced at other sites too.  They are always extremists from the right, either political or religious.  Letting the ones here get away with it is condoning those actions.  Again, that is managements idea, not likely the admin.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up