MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Hobbies & Arts > Metal Detecting/Treasure Hunting

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal Detecting/Treasure Hunting  (Read 11866 times)

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
Re: Metal Detecting/Treasure Hunting
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »

So I got my metal detector a few weeks ago . Been practicing digging holes and filling them in so in the end you can't even tell where I dug . I've found 1 interesting thing in my yard , some old aluminum yard edging that worked its self down about 6 in all around behind the garage . Went to the state park quite a few times , found an old piece of rusted sign post about 10 in down ( you know low the stuff road signs are attached too) . Found about 12 cents out there and some old tin cans . There is one thing I've learned that digging is hard work , lol . Hopefully soon I can find somewhere interesting and old to scan and dig at . Thanks to my hubby I've found that I really love it :)

Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Dead Time is 3:00 am.

Go # 88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBELOUS SINCE 1975 !!!!!!!!!!  8)

AND YOUR POINT IS ??? OH JUST SHUT UP , YOUR TIME IS UP NOW , MOVIN ON NOW !!!!!!!!  8*

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »

And yes I am looking into the rules of diff ent townships and cities and ownership of property's . Interesting that some townships are more leaniant than the city .(  and yes my spelling is bad )I learned if u want to play u have to follow the rules :) :) :)
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

AND YOUR POINT IS ??? OH JUST SHUT UP , YOUR TIME IS UP NOW , MOVIN ON NOW !!!!!!!!  8*

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »

What a super gift!  It makes me happy to read your posts and share in the fun.  (i love to dig, but I can't say I am as neat as you at filling them back in).  Keep us posted --- it sounds exciting!

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 09:18:27 PM »

And yes I am looking into the rules of diff ent townships and cities and ownership of property's . Interesting that some townships are more leaniant than the city .(  and yes my spelling is bad )I learned if u want to play u have to follow the rules :) :) :)

Whenever you want to come over to my place to look :)  I'd be happy to let you . . . . wait, does this mean I have to give you whatever you find??

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »

Oh for sure Skitt , I even took my 9 yr old granddaughter out to the state park . Gave her the 11 cents we found . My husband found a web site that tells when a couple of ships that come out and into the port of Monroe so he has been going to watch for them . Wish I could load pics from my iPod on here like I can on Facebook . Maybe I'll look into that one of these days :)  :)
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »

Erie , we can make a deal depending on what it is and if i find that lawn mower key and after all I'm not that greedy , lol :)
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »

LOL sounds good :)

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 09:56:19 PM »

Super spice, pics from iPod should work here.  Below the text box click attachments & other options, then choose Attach, then Existing.  Your photos will open; select the one you want to post.  Good luck! (Sometimes mine are too big and I haven't figured out how to resize on these gadgets)

Can you PM me or post that website for the ships?  We would like to watch for them, too.

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/portdetails.aspx?port_id=2497   Ok this is the site for the port , I copied it from my bookmark ... It's such a cool site cause u can track any ship at any port and see the routes  . Ok now to figure out about the pics , lol
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 11:46:38 PM »

Thank you!   :)

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 06:32:53 PM »

A couple of things... If your detector coil is waterproof (Depending on the type of detector and your settings, you don't need to put it in and keep it in the way in the water) and you don't mind getting your feet wet or have some waders, I know where you can go.
For example, Otter Creek near Trapperz. The water level gets real low around that area. As well as other Michigan Natural Waterways. So, your not trespassing even though the waterway may pass through someone's property. Just like the river when it gets low. Plenty of people been out there looking for things. Just stay off personal property.
Might want to take someone with you, carry a big stick or mace. Some people let their dogs run free on their property so if any animal get curious or aggressive, you'll have some protection.
I have yet to find anything in the law that states that you cannot metal detect in a "Natural Waterway".
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/portdetails.aspx?port_id=2497   Ok this is the site for the port , I copied it from my bookmark ... It's such a cool site cause u can track any ship at any port and see the routes  . Ok now to figure out about the pics , lol

The picture from that website (below) is not of the Port of Monroe...  it's not even in the River Raisin.  It is actually a picture of Chuck Harrington's Harbor Marine, The Monroe Boat Club and Trout's Yacht Basin on La Plaisance Creek!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »

Thanks Mayo . Ill keep that on mind .. I do take my mace or someone with me especially if I go somewhere like that . Been going to the State Park here and there , only found a few coins and some pop tabs . Lol . Really wanted to go to an abandoned farm but the owner said no . One of these days ill find another place like that . It's funny but I think about going everyday but I can't . Lol
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »

The picture from that website (below) is not of the Port of Monroe...  it's not even in the River Raisin.  It is actually a picture of Chuck Harrington's Harbor Marine, The Monroe Boat Club and Trout's Yacht Basin on La Plaisance Creek!
                                                                                                                            I know BRD ,my hubby just liked it cause u can track the ships routs and departures and arrivals ( that is when u click on the yellow new site coming .

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:31:02 PM by superspice_10 »
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2013, 10:31:50 PM »

Ok that came out weird cause I'm on my iPod :/
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up