MonroeTalks.com > Categories > BlogsMonroe.com > Fishing Michigan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishing Michigan  (Read 53015 times)

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Fishing Michigan
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:20 PM »

Got our 12 pack Sunday Evening
6 July 2009, 12:20 am

The neighbor and I headed out from Ida about 5 pm, gased up, and hit Jeff’s for a quick report and some ice. Thanks Jamie.

We set our lines in 24 ft of water and headed east toward the Ohio line.  Tried a couple of new blades on the harnesses I tied up.  Will have pics of the blades later in the week,  but I did a lil’  internet shopping at Frank’s to get these new blades.

The 4 oz bottom bouncers did good, but the boards shined tonight.  Also picked up a couple of fish off the long lines with the #30 Jet Divers running 85 ft back.  Lots of eaters early, with some 18 to 20 inch fish coming in deeper water.

Will have a more detailed report after I get some pics before cleaning the fish in the morning.  They are on ice for tonight in the cooler, with a 5 gal bucket of water on the lid to keep the Petersburg vultures away.  Small joke.

Night all, or good morning for the early risers.

Source: Fishing Michigan

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Walleye Spinner Blades: Gone Shopping
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:20 PM »

Walleye Spinner Blades: Gone Shopping
7 July 2009, 12:30 am

This past week I have done a lil’ internet shopping.  Reloaded on some blades that have been working well out on Erie, and to try out some new things.

From Frank’s Great Outdoors, I picked up some more Happy Hooker Hedgehog blades and Gold Mystic colorado spinners.  Silver Streak’s Purple Descent has been steady every trip taken the past three weeks.  They were out of Purple Pirate, so I gave Purple Bubblegum a try and had really good results on Sunday.  Also, with good results were these Tommy Harris spider blades, pink/copper/orange.

The bottom blades on the left are called Whiptails and have been producing well up on Saginaw Bay.  They are from DBFishing up in Algonac, and for 90 cents each I picked up six of each color to try out.  Also, in my order were these  Barbie colorados, and two chopper blade Barbie’s to sample and try out.  I asked if there were any more new colors available, and he said he had some Purple Antifreeze blades, but at the moment only in size #4.  What the heck, give me six of those too.  I have mentioned before something about my addiction didn’t I?

I met the owners three years ago at the first boat show held at the fairgrounds here in Monroe, good people, and the best prices on their gear available anywhere.  I also picked up an assortment of 1,000 packs of pearl colors in their 6 mm beads for only 5 something a bag.

Will be giving these new blades a whirl this weekend, hopefully with good results.

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Brandon Inge: Vote Now
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 02:00:20 PM »

Brandon Inge: Vote Now
7 July 2009, 10:09 pm

send the best fielding 3 rd baseman to the all star game

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2009/fv/ballot.html

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
FLW’s Remaining TV schedule for 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

FLW’s Remaining TV schedule for 2009
8 July 2009, 8:37 am

Versus Country TV Schedule Walmart FLW Tour – Kentucky Lake Murray, Ky. 8/2/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Walleye Tour – Mississippi River Red Wing, Minn. 8/9/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Tour – Lake Champlain Plattsburgh, N.Y. 8/16/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart BFL All-American – Mississippi River Davenport, Iowa 8/23/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Forrest Wood Cup – Three Rivers Pittsburgh, Pa. 8/30/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Walleye Tour – Leech Lake Walker, Minn. 9/6/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Series – Columbia River Umatilla, Ore. 9/13/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Walleye Tour – Lake Winnebago Oshkosh, Wis. 9/20/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Series – Lake Dardanelle Russellville, Ark. 9/27/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Tour – Kentucky Lake Murray, Ky. 10/4/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Series – Clarks Hill Lake Appling, Ga. 10/11/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

National Guard FLW College Fishing Western Regional – Cal Delta Stockton, Calif. 10/18/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Series – Cal Delta Bethel Island, Calif. 10/25/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Tour – Lake Champlain Plattsburgh, N.Y. 11/1/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Forrest Wood Cup – Three Rivers Pittsburgh, Pa. 11/8/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET TBA TBA 11/15/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Series – Clear Lake Kelseyville, Calif. 11/22/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Walmart FLW Walleye Tour Championship – Missouri River Bismarck, N.D. 11/29/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

National Guard FLW College Fishing Central Regional – Kentucky Lake Murray, Ky. 12/6/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

Stren Series Championship – Pickwick Lake Florence, Ala. 12/13/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

National Guard FLW College Fishing Texas Regional – Red River Natchitoches, La. 12/20/09 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET

National Guard FLW College Fishing Southeast Regional – Lake Monroe Orlando, Fla. 12/27/09 12:30 p.

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Jet Divers: a simple modification
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

Jet Divers: a simple modification
8 July 2009, 2:07 pm

I just got my Stealth (clear) Jet Divers (#30’s and #40’s)  from  JnJ Harbor Drive Thru  today in the mail and am going to share a simple modification that can be made to any diver to make an angler’s job easier on the water.

Have you ever gone to attach your crawler harness to the business end of a diver before?  There is no snap available, you have to cut off your loop knot and tie directly to the snap or in the case of a Jet Diver, the swivel provided.  Its a waste of time, plus can be a headache. 

Same thing with my leaders that are made up for attaching spoons.  At one end I have a snap for the spoon, the other end a good ball bearing swivel.  Now I could have tied a snap to one end, then a snap and swivel to the other, but that has two downfalls.  One I would have tied up some very expensive snap/swivels to the leaders, and the second is having them sitting on the foam roll just sitting there until I actually break out the spoon box.  Its a waste either way you look at it.

The solution is simple, add a snap to the diver so adding a spoon rig or harness actually becomes a “snap” to do.  I tried the smaller Berkley cross lok snaps, but after deforming several of the wire bends in the snap, I went with the duolock snap, the same type already used on the divers in question.  These are less expensive and really work well for the application.  “Easy on”  is the key here.

You can use a smaller sized snap if you want, but other than these salmon sized ones, my only other small ones in the shop are dedicated for my perch rigs that I make up, which is coming up fast season wise.  In the case of the Jet Divers, or other types for that matter, just open the clips on the duolock snap, and place through, then close up again.  The bigger snap also makes the process of changing out the leaders or harnesses an easy one.  I always say bigger is better, when it doesn’t bother the fish, why not use it.

Its not some big revolution that will sweep the walleye fishing world, and many of you may have thought of it already, but if it works….use it.

good luck

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
AAA Fishing Report for July 8, 2009
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

AAA Fishing Report for July 8, 2009
9 July 2009, 10:22 am

Walleye activity remains strong in many locations along with trout and bass action. Before heading to your fishing destination, visit www.AAATraffic.com for the latest traffic, construction, weather and road conditions that may affect your route.

Upper Peninsula  Northwest  West  Southwest

Northeast  East  Central  Southeast

Upper Peninsula:

Windy conditions and a Mayfly hatch are giving anglers a tough time for fishing on Lake Gogebic. Fish are suspended about seven feet off the bottom. Small mouth bass are biting on leeches and the perch action is slow at this point.

Marquette anglers are doing well fishing on Goose Lake for walleye and Lake Superior is giving up some big fish on worms, leeches, minnows and spinners.

L’Anse anglers are doing very well for trout, walleye and perch. Anglers are trolling with Dodgers and getting good results and many are trying out Brad’s Super Baits, a bait-holding lure with rotating action, on salmon and trout with good success on Lake Superior.

Pike activity in Escanaba is picking up and rated as good. Anglers are finding most fish in the weeds all over the Bay and casting or trolling with spinners. Salmon are starting to show up in Cedar River and near Fairport. The Escanaba River is giving up small walleye trolling with small crank baits. Expect to do some sorting to find the keepers.

Fair fishing is taking place around the Manistique area for walleye and bass on Indian Lake. Lake Michigan is giving up some steelhead and salmon 5-7 miles out on spoons.

Sault Ste. Marie anglers continue to find good fishing behind the Power House for whitefish and Atlantic salmon. Walleye are active in the channel and deeper waters. Around DeTour the salmon activity is good using spoons and Lake trout action is also decent. Anglers need to watch out for lots of nets.

Anglers fishing around Drummond Island are finding good numbers of herring, particularly around Harbor Island and using teardrops or wax worms in 23 feet of water. Walleye activity is good on the St. Mary’s River, around Lime Island and Raber Bay. Maxton Bay is giving up nice numbers of walleye when trolling and using crawler harnesses, some perch are hitting as well.

Information Providers: Johnson’s Sports-Drummond Island; Bay View Bait & Tackle-Escanaba; Top O’ Lake Sport-Manistique; Hank’s Sporting-Sault Ste. Marie; Wilderness Treasurers-Munuscong Bay; ACE Hardware-St. Ignace; Indian Country Sports-L’Anse; Gogebic Grocery-Bergland and Gander Mountain-Marquette.

Northwest:

Great fishing is taking place on Lake Cadillac for a variety of pan fish species and minnows, leaf worms and wax worms are the baits of choice. Both Mitchell and Cadillac lakes are giving up nice numbers of pike and bass. Lake Mitchell continues to be really good for walleye fishing.

Cooler weather in the Gaylord area has slowed the Hex Hatch a bit. Anglers can expect the hatch on the Manistee, Au Sable, near the Fredrick area and parts of the Pigeon and Sturgeon rivers. The mid-day to late afternoon is good for trout fishing with crickets, grasshoppers and caddis. Otsego Lake is giving up nice numbers of walleye while anglers on Bradford Lake are jigging for plenty of pan fish.

Burt Lake in Alanson has anglers trolling during the evening hours with great success, mostly using crawlers. Inland lakes are giving up plenty of blue gill.

Off of Frankfort anglers fishing three miles from the pier are finding good counts of salmon. Crystal Lake is producing Rock bass, small mouth bass, whitefish and Coho. The whitefish are in deep water. Most anglers are trolling with good success. The majority of small lakes in the area are giving up plenty of walleye, perch, bass and really good numbers of blue gill. Bass, perch and walleye are active on Big Platte Lake. Walleye are biting on minnows and leeches. Brown and Rainbow trout are running in the Betsie River, no salmon at this point. Night crawlers, Hex and Stone flies seem to work well on the river.

Near Kalkaska, Skegemog Lake and Torch Lake are giving up a little of everything including bass, trout, and blue gill.

Information providers: Backcast Fly Shop-Frankfort; Alphorn-Gaylord; Jack’s Sports-Kalkaska; Pilgrim’s Village-Cadillac and Young’s Bait Shop-Alanson.

West:

Off of Ludington salmon fishing is rated fair with anglers pulling in a few in 100-150 feet of water. Perch action is good near the north pier using wigglers and minnows. Bass, blue gill, pike and pan fish are biting on Hamlin Lake in good numbers.

Fishing is rated fair to excellent in the Baldwin area. Most small lakes have good blue gill fishing using crickets and wax worms. The Pere Marquette River has some excellent fishing taking place for Brown trout using live bait, various fly patterns and Rapalas. The Big Manistee and Pine rivers are good for trout action as well. Evening hours seem to garner the most fish. Wolf Lake is very good for bass fishing with fish weighing between four and seven pounds consistently. Howe’s Lake is giving up blue gill and sunfish on leaf worms and wigglers. Expect to do plenty of sorting. On Bass Lake the perch are hitting on minnows and anglers are sorting for keepers.

Lake Michigan off of the Muskegon area is producing plenty of salmon in 30-130 feet of water. Anglers are fishing 3-50 feet down with good results. During the morning hours the fish are biting in the channel. Lake Michigan is also producing perch in 30-35 feet of water on minnows and wax worms. The perch are very good size. Muskegon Lake is giving up nice numbers of walleye in the early morning and evening hours on crawler harnesses, spinner rigs and night crawlers. Blue gill activity is good on all inland lakes throughout the area, especially along the weed edge. Anglers are getting good results using bobbers, wax worms and fishing in shallow water.

Giant size blue gill are hitting on Chippewa Lake. Wax worms are very popular, but several other types of baits and lures are working as well. Minnows seem to work on pike.

All around the Kentwood and Grand Rapids area fishing is very good on all inland lakes.

Information providers: Wolf Lake Resort & ATV Rental-Baldwin; King Sports-Baldwin; East Bay General Store-Chippewa Lake; Shoreline Bait & Tackle-Muskegon; P.M. Sports-Ludington and Gander Mountain-Grand Rapids.

Southwest:

Off of Benton Harbor the salmon and steelhead are hitting in 80-150 feet of water. Anglers are doing well fishing 60-feet down and using orange spoons. Perch are biting on minnows in 35-feet of water.

Plenty of anglers are fishing in the New Buffalo area for perch. Try fishing in 32-feet of water near the Pump House with minnows.

In the Kalamazoo area fishing is good on all inland lakes. Pan fish are off beds and in deeper water on pretty much all of the small lakes. Blue Gill Busters are working well when trolling. The Grand River is very good for huge catfish using small blue gill or crappie and very large minnows.

The St. Joseph River is producing Skamania steelhead and fish can be found near the Berrien Springs Dam.

Fishing in the Three Rivers area is really great on just about all lakes for a variety of fish. Red wigglers and minnows are working well on blue gill, crappie, sunfish and bass.

Information providers: Captain Cook’s-New Buffalo; D.& R. Sports-Kalamazoo; Fisherman’s Luck-Three Rivers and Tackle Haven-Benton Harbor.

Northeast:

Alpena anglers are doing well for walleye out on Lake Huron in the evening hours with Rapalas working well. Thunder Bay River is giving up nice numbers of walleye on leeches and crawlers on the bottom.

Around Oscoda, Cooke Dam Pond has some very good blue gill fishing using little worms or wax worms and some perch are biting on wax worms and bass activity is good on leeches, middle sized fish and crawdads. Foote Dam Pond is producing decent counts of large size pike, bass and crappie. Pike are biting on crawlers and pike minnows. Anglers fishing the Au Sable River are pulling in plentiful catches of perch and catfish. Lake Huron is giving up decent numbers of Lake trout and a few salmon pretty far out. Crooked Lake is providing some decent blue gill, walleye and perch.

Lake Margrethe near Grayling producing nice quantities of walleye in 18-feet of water with crawler harnesses with a crawler or leech. Anglers are getting best results trolling approximately .7 mph. Manistee Lake continues to be good for crappie fishing, Section 1 Lake for bass and perch can be caught scattered all over Bradford Lake.

Plenty of action taking place on Higgins Lake where the tourist population is heavy. Good fishing opportunities for Rock bass in shallow waters with crawlers and leeches. Perch are hitting on minnows in 40-feet of water. Anglers are jigging in deep waters for Lake trout with Swedish Pimples and Rapalas.

On Houghton Lake the walleye are biting on leeches, crawlers, stick baits and Wally Divers. Anglers are successful when trolling very slowly.

In Au Gres temperatures are a bit cool and windy but tourists and locals alike are getting out and fishing for nice numbers of walleye on Saginaw Bay and the Rifle River. Bait choices remain the same as last week with crawler harnesses, inline sinkers, weighted lures and bottom bouncers with body baits working well.

Information providers: Skips-Grayling; Sports Barn-Higgins Lake; Wright’s Sport Shop-Au Gres; The Dam Store-Oscoda; Lyman’s-Houghton Lake and Clems-Alpena.

East:

Saginaw Bay anglers have been dealing with windy conditions for several days now limiting angling activity. Near Standish anglers getting out are locating walleye in 25-30 feet of water and using crawler harnesses and spoons while off of Bay City 12-feet of water seems to be the hot depth for walleye. Again this week, Callahan Reef is producing fish in 8-10 feet of water, most anglers are trolling quarter to half ounce in-line weights and crawler harnesses 10-20 feet behind planer boards.Gold blades with Chartreuse beads are still working well. Southeast of the Sparkplug is a hot area. Anglers are trolling 1.0 to 1.2 mph using crawler harnesses with gold #6 Warrior spinner blades on two ounce in-lines about 20-40 feet back. Grindstone City and Harbor Beach are good for walleye fishing in 10-20 feet of water with Bombers, Hot-n-Tots and crawler harnesses. Sanford Lake and Wixom Lake both have good crappie fishing using minnows. Saginaw River is producing catfish.

Off of Port Huron and Lexington, Lake Huron anglers are reeling in jumbo perch catches in 15-20 feet of water. Boaters are doing very well off of Port Huron where awesome walleye fishing is taking place, anglers are pulling in abundant numbers of fish, though small in size. Gold, Chartreuse and Silver Blades are working well with crawler harnesses. Hand liners are finding that small spoons are working well during the day. Boardwalk fishing is good in the evening hours for a variety of species jigging. Small mouth bass are hitting in big numbers all along the Boardwalk and near the sewage plant. Best time is in the early morning hours, using small minnows or crappie rigs on the bottom.

Black River is producing great fishing for pike, bass, small and large mouth bass. Anglers are locating the fish near rock piles and log jams. Musky action is also good near the mouth of the River and averaging 20 pounds.

Information providers: 1st & Main-Bay Port; Michigan Sportsman-Bay City; Gander Mountain-Saginaw; Eagle Bay Marina-Standish; Michigan Sportsman-Bay City and Anderson’s Pro Bait-Port Huron.

Central:

In the Lansing area just about all inland lakes are producing large mouth bass with crank baits working well, try fishing Interstate Lake, Lake Lansing or Park Lake. Catfish are biting on night crawlers, stink baits, bread and minnows on Alward Lake, under the Moore’s Park Dam as well as near the North Lansing, Portland and Lyons Dams.

Blue gill and bass action is very good on all lakes surrounding the Brooklyn area. Devils Lake is the most popular out of all the lakes this week. Pan fish are hitting on live worms and bass are biting on Rapalas.

Information providers: Knutson’s Live Bait-Brooklyn and Grand River Bait and Tackle-Lansing.

Southeast:

Fair Haven anglers are doing well fishing near Grass Island for perch using minnows and the walleye action is good from Marysville to Port Huron. Bass are all over Anchor Bay and spinner baits and large Golden Shiners are working well. Musky action is also picking up on Anchor Bay.

Walleye action is good off of the Harrison area in 10-14 feet of water. Anglers drifting at 1.5 mph with night crawlers are getting good results. Lake St. Clair is giving up good amounts of small mouth bass and musky. Trolling around 4.5 mph and using body baits and Buck Tail Spinners in the wash seems to work well.

Off of the St. Clair Shores area, perch action is decent around Cans 23, 24, 29 and 30. Huge amounts of bass can be found all over Lake St. Clair and a variety of baits are working well that include crawler harnesses, Hot-n-Tots, wiggle warts, bombers, live baits and using planer boards. The St. Clair River is also producing good fishing on a variety of species and anglers are using Pencil Plugs and Rapalas and hand lining at night with good success.

Anglers fishing the Detroit River anywhere between Melvindale and Gibraltar are finding that the walleye fishing has picked back up. Jigging, trolling and hand lining all seem to be working. Jointed Rapalas and crawler harnesses are very popular and flatfish tipped with one inch crawlers, worms or spoons seem to be working. When trolling try wiggle warts and purple, copper or pink spoons. Walleye activity is also good at the Hole-in-the wall. Around Celeron Island and Rat Island the perch fishing is good in 8-13 feet of water using Shiner minnows on perch rigs.

In Rock Wood, anglers shore fishing from Lake Erie Metro Park are doing well for small and large mouth bass using Kelly rubber worms or crayfish as well as catfish on shrimp and green crawlers. The Huron River in Rock Wood is giving up nice numbers of pike and bass on spinner baits.

Monroe anglers shore fishing from Pointe Mouille are pulling in plenty of catfish along with small and large mouth bass. Crayfish, Kelly rubber worms and spinner baits seem to work well on bass while shrimp and crawlers are attracting catfish. River Raisin, Estral Beach, Brest Bay, Stoney Point, Bolles Harbor and the Banana Dyke are all producing nice numbers of walleye in 15-24-feet of water or shallower with anglers getting good results using bottom bouncers, crawler harnesses and worms. Anglers do best when trolling 1.3-1.5 mph. One ounce in-line weights 25-35 feet behind the planer boards produced the most fish. Perch are biting near the E-Buoy and McDonalds Buoy on worms and minnows. Luna Pier is giving up a few fish.

Lake Erie continues to produce good numbers of walleye. Anglers are heading out about a half mile and fishing waters 17-20 feet deep with good success. Otherwise anglers are fishing 25-feet or deeper around the shipping channels, Sputnik and E-Buoys. The hot spot continues to be West Sister Island on either the west side or 3-5 miles northwest of the Island. Purple and mixed Veggie Spoons on Jet or Dipsey Divers seem to be working well. Fish have been close to the bottom in 27-31 feet of water.

Near the Belleville area the Huron River, Ford Lake and Four-Mile Lake are producing good numbers of small mouth bass, white bass and catfish. Belleville Lake has great fishing opportunities for good numbers of crappie, walleye and blue gill. The popular baits include leeches, wax worms and night crawlers.

Information providers: Bluewater Bait-Fairhaven; WalleyeKid.com; Lance Valentine’s Walleye 101; Pro-Fishing & Archery-Harrison Township; Lakeside Fishing Shop-St. Clair Shores; South Street Tackle-Belleville; Bottom Line Bait & Tackle-Rock Wood; Erie Party Shop-Monroe; Andy’s Tackle Box-Melvindale and Gander Mountain-Taylor.

www.autoclubgroup.com

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Michigan DNR fishing slideshow
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »

Michigan DNR fishing slideshow
9 July 2009, 10:24 am

http://www.midnr.com/slideshows/fish/fish_web/publish_to_web/index.html

Its a highlight of all the fish you can catch in Michigan.

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Brandon Inge….All Star
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
July 9th MI DNR Fishing Report
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »

July 9th MI DNR Fishing Report
10 July 2009, 3:10 am

The DNR has this blasted across their website, so for those who didn’t know already….KIDS 16 OR YOUNGER DO NOT NEED A FISHING LICENSE….so take your kids fishing folks…its lots better than Wii, or whatever that thing is called!

Walleye fishing in Saginaw Bay continues to ...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Jet Divers: Captain Dave’s Release System
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »

Jet Divers:  Captain Dave’s Release System
13 July 2009, 8:18 am

With all the posts that I have made recently about using Jet Divers out on Lake Erie,  I remembered that my neighbor had a couple of releases he had purchased.  I went to the net to look up some information and found that they were being made right here in Monroe by Captain Dave Benore of  Kingf...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Lake Erie: Sunday Fishing ( 7/12 )
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »

Lake Erie: Sunday Fishing ( 7/12 )
14 July 2009, 8:27 am

Had a great morning out in front of Brest Bay on Sunday.  The first pass we had 11 walleyes in the box fishing in 23 fow trolling meat rigs.  We fished out straight out from the state park, and headed north towards Stoney Point.  Lots of sub-legal walleye would seem to indicate that there will be...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Its almost Garden Time
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »

Its almost Garden Time
15 July 2009, 10:52 am

I was recently asked in an email how the garden was going this year.  I had actually meant to do something on this a month or so ago, but like lots of things these days, time just slips away from you.  Will put some then and now shots in.

[img]http://www.blogsmonroe.com/fishing/wp-content/uploads...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
AAA July 15th Fishing Report
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »

AAA July 15th Fishing Report
16 July 2009, 9:39 am

Walleye fishing has come alive again in the southeast regions and it is hot in several other locations statewide as well. Before heading to your fishing destination, visit www.AAATraffic.com for the latest traffic, construction, weather and road conditions that may affect your route.

Upper Peninsul...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Salmon Smoking/Dry Brine
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »

Salmon Smoking/Dry Brine
16 July 2009, 9:48 am

I was asked about this in an email so thought it would be good timing to post the recipe’ again for the dry brine that I used last year for smoking salmon.

Salmon University Dry Brine Recipe’

This was fairly easy to follow and make sure you do not mix the brine in an aluminum or st...

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
July 16th Michigan DNR Fishing Report
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 09:00:14 AM »

July 16th Michigan DNR Fishing Report
17 July 2009, 8:47 am

Warm stable weather would help improve fishing. Night temperatures in the mid 40’s and daytime temperatures in the low 70’s coupled with constant northwest winds is great weather for anglers, but it does not help fishing one bit at all. Catch rates are usually best on the day before stor...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Up