MonroeTalks.com > Categories > BlogsMonroe.com > Our World and Everything in It

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our World and Everything in It  (Read 13705 times)

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker

Technologically Advanced Japan No Match for Mother Nature
12 March 2011, 9:24 am

The following is one of the more descriptive articles I’ve read about what is unfolding in Japan. It is on Huffington Post by AP writers. SENDAI, Japan — An explosion at a nuclear power station tore down the walls of one building Saturday as smoke poured out and Japanese officials said they feared the reactor [...]

Source: Our World and Everything in It

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Our World and Everything in It: About Japan’s Nuclear Reactor Explosion
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »

About Japan’s Nuclear Reactor Explosion
12 March 2011, 11:11 am

About 10:00 am EST, the New York Times relayed a statement released by Japanese official regarding the nuclear plant explosion: Government officials said that the explosion, caused by a build-up of pressure in the reactor after the cooling system failed, destroyed the concrete structure surrounding the reactor but did not collapse the critical steel container [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker

Japan’s Earthquake Probably Triggered Volcanoes in Russia
13 March 2011, 1:05 pm

It the same time as Japan’s earthquake struck, two volcanoes in the Kamchatka area of Russia also erupted. There are also volcanoes erupting in Japan and Indonesia. About a year ago, I did a blog about tectonic plates, earthquakes, and volcanoes. In that blog I relayed: It’s been shown that glaciers weighing thousands of tons [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker

Latest Budget Bill Will Take the Gray Wolf Off Endangered List; No Science Behind the Move and Predator Coyote Populations Will Take Over
14 April 2011, 11:26 am

I haven’t blogged much lately but I’ve got a coyote problem in my own yard in Michigan right now. I don’t let my cats out at night anyway but it’s still unnerving to find half eaten rabbits lying around right under my living room window. And when I bury the carcass, no matter how deep, [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker

Lake Erie is Definitely Going to Flood Some Shorelines
15 April 2011, 2:34 pm

I read that Lake Erie would flood along the shoreline and since I live nearby I thought I’d have a look see. The videos are from the pier in Pt. Mouillee channel. The bottom dock I’m standing on will be under water by late afternoon if this keeps up. The gap between water and the [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Our World and Everything in It: 08DTE Picks Sites for Wind Farms in Michigan
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »

08DTE Picks Sites for Wind Farms in Michigan
17 April 2011, 8:50 am

Ran across this article. I think wind farms in Michigan will do well. We’ve got plenty of wind coming off the lakes. And if our auto industry continues its plan to produce plug-in cars, we’ll need that clean energy. I would hate to think plug in cars would actually be fueled by dirty coal! Read: [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker

Deceit, Personal Gain is Killing Our Wildlife; No Science in Sight
17 April 2011, 6:36 pm

Here’s the real story behind the big wolf kill coming up. It has absolutely nothing to do with science. It utilizes those nasty unrelated amendments added to bills we the people have been trying to do away with to no avail. Whenever an unrelated amendment is added to an important bill, it is purely for [...]

BlogsMonroe.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Our World and Everything in It: Happy Earth Day 2011
« Reply #292 on: April 22, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »

Happy Earth Day 2011
22 April 2011, 9:47 am

It’s Earth Day today and also Passover weekend. Once again I remind those that follow the bible that the word “EARTH” appears over 700 times there. I think it’s a good sign that our Maker, no matter what faith we uphold, wants all of us to CARE for the earth. On this Earth Day 2011 [...]

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up