MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Update/Woman fined for hammering Comcast office

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update/Woman fined for hammering Comcast office  (Read 1945 times)

sue lee

• Hero Talker
Update/Woman fined for hammering Comcast office
« on: October 19, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »

She was fined and got a suspended jail sentence, but Mona Shaw says she has no regrets about using a hammer to vent her frustration at a cable company  rest of the story http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21379720/. Now I really understand why she did it :D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:43:53 PM by sue lee »
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

Lady Arbella

• Hero Talker
Re: Woman fined for hammering Comcast office
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 05:13:49 PM »

I totally understand her frustration............but you just can't go around doing that sort thing.

This reminds me of that movie with Michael Douglas where he just snaps and goes around shooting vending machines and righting all of the world's wrongs.......LOL.
If your dog doesn't like someone, you probably shouldn't either.

m0x

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 05:15:50 PM »

I think this topic already exists :)

m0x

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:17:42 PM »

sue lee

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 08:43:03 PM »

I think this topic already exists :)

It does, I was only updating everyone. ;)
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
Re: Update/Woman fined for hammering Comcast office
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 08:53:19 PM »

Understand her frustration yes I do.  Agree with what she did, no way.  I think they should let her spend a weekend in jail.

masc0t

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »

Nah, she was making a statement for all who are frustrated.  Point well taken too, so let her go.  Should prove to Comcast that something's terrible wrong when a customer has to take such drastic means.  You know what......Comcast = OVERPRICED!!!  So if your paying high prices you should be able to expect good service.  Maybe now Comcast will take notice and start making changes to put customer needs first.  They are losing soooo many customers right now and they know it too.  Why do you think your getting fliers in the mail, fliers placed in your doors, I even had a guy knock on the door 2 weekends ago from Comcast or a hired sales guy to try to lure me back.  I just switched to Dish a few months ago, just because it's cheaper.  The prices these companies charge is getting ridiculous.  I love more competition in the market so it drives prices down.   The only issue I had with Comcast was the price.  I seemed to get a letter every 3 to 4 months telling me prices were going up.  For what?  What reason? 

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 07:49:39 PM »

Nah, she was making a statement for all who are frustrated.  Point well taken too, so let her go.  Should prove to Comcast that something's terrible wrong when a customer has to take such drastic means.  You know what......Comcast = OVERPRICED!!!  So if your paying high prices you should be able to expect good service.  Maybe now Comcast will take notice and start making changes to put customer needs first.  They are losing soooo many customers right now and they know it too.  Why do you think your getting fliers in the mail, fliers placed in your doors, I even had a guy knock on the door 2 weekends ago from Comcast or a hired sales guy to try to lure me back.  I just switched to Dish a few months ago, just because it's cheaper.  The prices these companies charge is getting ridiculous.  I love more competition in the market so it drives prices down.   The only issue I had with Comcast was the price.  I seemed to get a letter every 3 to 4 months telling me prices were going up.  For what?  What reason? 

Thats the problem with the cable companies, the divide a town up by contract so no competition.  When Direct TV and Dish Network entered the scene, they added competion.  Now Verizon is going with sometyhing called FIOS, 100% digital TV, Telephone and internet.  all at a goods price for New Jersey.  I am waiting for it to come to my Nieghborhood, so I can add it.  But with no competition, the companies will gouge us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up