MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > la fiesta salsa!?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: la fiesta salsa!?  (Read 15997 times)

brittany

• Hero Talker
Re: la fiesta salsa!?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 08:53:36 AM »

I LOVE La Fiesta. If I miss a saturday trip there I'm not a happy camper.

jimbag82

• New Talker
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

you are awesome man thanks!! ill let ya know

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »

Try this - from what I remember, it's darn close! 

1 - 29 oz. Tomato Sauce
1/8 TSP. Black Pepper
1/8 TSP. Garlic Powder
1/8 TSP. Salt
2-3 Jalapeno Peppers (canned whole/stemmed) - with some of the juice added to taste

Blend in a blender.  Add more peppers to taste.

seems that there is much more to it than just that. cilantro? more spices??
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

Susan T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 06:20:26 PM »

thanks a million man!!!!! you see my reply to your baby back ribs try it out!!!!! you wont be sorry or if u need any other bbq tips ill be glad to help
Your RIBs are the best in town...You should apply for a patent on them YUMMO!!! Oh yeah..the Mexican pie is off the charts too !!
Those who complain, came in late.We have got the start on them, which we are determined to keep. Cherokee Chief Doublehead. 1796

LLS

• Super Talker
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 09:30:18 PM »

I'm pretty sure that there is cilantro in there, not a big fan of it, and thought I could taste it.

Brewer

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 09:34:56 PM »

Make it.  Pick some up from La Fiesta and compare the two.  You'll be surprised at the similarity.   I'm a cilantro nut, and I have never tasted it in their salsa.  For kicks though you should add some if you make it, it might be good.   I'm going to make it again soon and pick some up to compare the two again.  It's been a year since I've done that.. I can eat that salsa all night.  :)

jimbag82

• New Talker
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »

i made it last nite and brewer u are spot on!!!!!!!!!! good job man!!!! believe me theres no cilantro in that at all, its in a lot of salsas but not the mild at lafiesta or this clone recipe. dude ur a lifesaver that stuff is delicious!!!!

MonroeFoodFiend

• New Talker
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 12:09:39 AM »

So this thread is 10 years old in that time Brewer did you ever perfect the La Fiesta salsa recipe ? I have a simple question,  what brand tomato sauce are you using ? And what brand pickled jalapeƱos are you using ?  Thanks ! MFF

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 11:52:28 AM »

I made a bunch of salsa this year from my tomatoes and peppers.  Some hot and some not.  I put some of my basil in some of it and I put some cilantro in some but not much of it.. Some family like it really spicy so I put some tabasco peppers and a little Carolina Reapler and/or Trinidad Scorpian..Way way to hot fro me..Before I froze it I let it marinate in a bowl in the refrigerator for a day..

I did not use tomato sauce but when I use it for other things I always buy Dei Fratelli...It's produced in a little place just south of Toledo and they use local tomatoes..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up