MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Science & Technology > Who's using Twitter?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's using Twitter?  (Read 1467 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: Who's using Twitter?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 09:11:57 AM »

Here's a YouTube on the basics of using Twitter...

One of the things she mentions early on is how many people ask her "what's the point of Twitter"...

so anyone that feels that way is not alone ;) ;) ;)

Twitter For Beginners - Updated Basics
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »

Ok, I started using my personal Twitter and using it for whatever thoughts enter my mind and my blog. I have followed through with my resolution and canceled my Facebook account. Feeling good about it so far.
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »

I've been on Twitter for a while.  I use it mostly for sports updates, but I also follow some fun people.  If you get a chance I recommend following Phil Cokes Brain, Chad Ochocinco, and Muck Sticky.  I also follow random stuff like Rock Facts and a couple of hotties, Melissa Auf der Maur and Jewel Staite....all good stuff.
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »

Muck Sticky...LMAO!
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »

I take it you've heard of him...
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »

Hugo Chavez, president of Venezuela, gave a house to his 3 millionth Twitter follower.

Hugo Chavez Gives House To Twitter Follower

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »

The Deputy Prime Minister of Russia.......calls Madonna an ex-w****.  When did she reform?

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/International/2012/Aug-10/184069-russian-minister-calls-madonna-ex-w****-prior-to-concert.ashx#axzz23M6rp7Bp

Russian minister calls Madonna ‘ex-w****’ prior to concert

SAINT PETERSBURG/WASHINGTON: Pop icon Madonna came under attack ahead of her concert in Saint Petersburg Thursday, with a deputy prime minister calling her an “ex-w****” and a lawmaker threatening to fine her for “homosexual propaganda.”

During a packed Moscow concert earlier this week, the U.S. Queen of Pop called on the authorities to release three members of all-girl punk band **** Riot, who are on trial for performing a song against President Vladimir Putin at a landmark Moscow church. At her upcoming show in Saint Petersburg Thursday, she had promised to come out in support of the city’s embattled gay community, with pink wristbands to be distributed at the concert.

“Every former w**** seeks to lecture everyone on morality as she gets older. Especially during tours and gigs abroad,” deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Twitter.

“Either take off your cross, or put on your knickers,” the outspoken former NATO envoy said Wednesday evening.

Pro-Kremlin activists planned to hold pickets ahead of the free-wheeling singer’s concert in Russia’s former imperial capital, while a local lawmaker said her show would be closely monitored for signs of violating a citywide law against “homosexual propaganda.”

“In this case, steps will be taken to open an administrative probe, and she will face a fine for violating this law,” said a spokeswoman for Vitaly Milonov, a member of the Saint Petersburg legislature.

“We should not allow the imposition here in Russia of Western values that Madonna promotes.”

Saint Petersburg earlier this year passed a citywide law that fines those “promoting homosexuality” to minors and apparently equates it with pedophilia, even though homosexuality is not a crime in Russia.

Separately, two longtime supporters of a Pennsylvania animal shelter have successfully bid $100,000 for four tickets to a Madonna concert in Philadelphia later this month.

Main Line Animal Rescue, in a statement Thursday, said the bid from Nick Adams and Dee Silvers at its annual fund-raising auction “is believed to be the highest paid for concert tickets.”

The proceeds will go toward rehabilitating breeding dogs rescued from puppy farms in the state. The nonprofit is well known for campaigning against puppy farm abuse.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/International/2012/Aug-10/184069-russian-minister-calls-madonna-ex-w****-prior-to-concert.ashx#ixzz23M7angXP
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)
Support the local economy as much as possible!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up