MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > I hate you: You are my enemy...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I hate you: You are my enemy...  (Read 13601 times)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
Re: I hate you: You are my enemy...
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 09:51:11 PM »

I am not sure if I get it all...  I agree that past conflict seems to carry.  I also agree that those that are more to your liking can get a pass over something another may not.  If that is what you mean.

I know some have accused others of "ganging up" and that is exactly how it seems, yet I have known that there was no collaboration to cause it, just coincidence and possibly the topic.

I tend to view most as neutal here.  Most, I grant you.  As a for instance I usually say nothing to FF.  But, I have sent Pms asking him to back off.  I kind of see him as an enigma.  He has plenty of people to argue with and doesn't need me too.  CK is pretty much the same way.  Yeah, he says some things I don't like and usually I just let it pass cause someone else calls him on it, but I have.  I don't remember the name of one that post in religeon I think, that I disagree with, but others say it, so I don't

So, I guess I am unsure what exactly you meant.  I am unsure if it was meant for me, or an in general. 
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

alwayssmile

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »

I am not sure if I get it all...  I agree that past conflict seems to carry.  I also agree that those that are more to your liking can get a pass over something another may not.  If that is what you mean.

I know some have accused others of "ganging up" and that is exactly how it seems, yet I have known that there was no collaboration to cause it, just coincidence and possibly the topic.

I tend to view most as neutal here.  Most, I grant you.  As a for instance I usually say nothing to FF.  But, I have sent Pms asking him to back off.  I kind of see him as an enigma.  He has plenty of people to argue with and doesn't need me too.  CK is pretty much the same way.  Yeah, he says some things I don't like and usually I just let it pass cause someone else calls him on it, but I have.  I don't remember the name of one that post in religeon I think, that I disagree with, but others say it, so I don't

So, I guess I am unsure what exactly you meant.  I am unsure if it was meant for me, or an in general.

Well, you've got the idea, I think, :)
do most of you act the same in person, as you do on here?
I wouldn't want to know personally,
but I was just wondering..

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 10:02:21 PM »

Or, like me, I like many people here, but I don't agree with everything they say.  I like them anyway . . .

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 10:40:47 PM »

Or, like me, I like many people here, but I don't agree with everything they say.  I like them anyway . . .
That's because you are a gem of a person.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 10:53:07 PM »

Well, you've got the idea, I think, :)
do most of you act the same in person, as you do on here?
I wouldn't want to know personally,
but I was just wondering..
Not sure about all.  I have known one for maybe fifteen years, and he is pretty much the same.
I guess from the few I have met, I would have to say probably yes.  I already knew, but have been told I am quieter in person.  That is me.  I have also been accused, in the past, (not from people here) of being a know it all.  I do know quite a bit, I love to learn, but I also know I am not an authority on anything, and look up to many that are.

I like FF, not for his posts, but the way he can - day after day, year after year - take the abuse he gets and not seem to effect him.

Sidecar is pretty good with plain old common sense.
CK is the English Language expert for me.
Alwaysmile has a nice outlook on life and her posts usually lighten my mood.
John Kopke has the ability to change a subject from what it is to where he wants to argue better than anyone here.
Lordfly uses satire and Irony better than anyone here.  I suspect it flies over most heads and is why it isn't appreciated.  But, could be wrong.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 10:55:14 PM »

I think this is probably about done now.

I wanted to thank those that took time to have a say.  I appreciate it.

Jim Richards

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »

I put this in Philosophy since it seems that the vast majority here seem to think this way.

Why is it that many seem to put others on an enemy list and follow around making personal insults instead of discussing issues?  It is rampant, and childish. 

... Why is it that MOST here think that the enemy approach is so good?
Have at it...

Jackpot! Rarely do I get the attackers to talk about the issues or answer a single question posed to them after answering their questions ad infinitum. All they know is attack mode. I repeatedly remind them that their approach is simply ad hominem attack because they have nothing to refute, nothing of substance and simply no facts to back up their rants. Not even any common sense, just hatred it seems.
I have never been successful in quelling the endless attacks. You may or may not be aware of the periodic MT get-togethers. I don't know, but possibly they band together and try to outdo the last attack to be popular with the group?

Here is a post I had to make just today on another thread because of the constant attacks:
"Fun is one thing. Needless attacks are a totally different thing.

You may think "Big Whoop" about the needless attacks solely for the sake of attack because someone has a vicious vendetta and comes on with their repeated and hostile exchanges. Others are sick and tired of it.

It is a sad that so much time is devoted to attacks and defending against the attacks rather than discussing issues in an appropriate manner without the attacks. It possibly points to intelligence levels when the same ones have nothing but attacks of the person rather than any legitimate argument or factual claim.
Some, and we all know who they are, continually post unrelated to the subject at hand. Their posts are strictly attacks of the person stating their views, argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance to deflect and divert attention away the content of the discussion or producing any evidence against the claim. The sole purpose of all the attacks is not in disproving what is said, because they can't, but an attempt to undermine and subvert the conversation to change the subject by turning every post into a personal attack.

It is the same group repeatedly doing said attacks and if they had something it would be presented instead of attacks. Facts speak a whole lot louder. So let's use our intelligence and argue with facts instead of the emotional attacks."

And you know what's worse is that the MEN does nothing about the attackers blatantly violating their own TOS. But if a topic is something they want to stifle, they are known to delete whole threads. They seem to run the site with the mentality that the majority rules. I was attacked with out and out lies last Sunday. I had tried to make peace with one of the attackers because his attacks were rampant in every thread I went to. I contacted him by a PM so as to not embarrass him in front of the other attackers. He came back with a tough guy response. Here are some excerpts of my very first PM to him:
XXX... is your antagonism really necessary? You really need to cool it. . . I'm pretty laid back. And if you noticed, I have tried to show you respect and actually answer you when you are being extremely obnoxious. I've kidded with you and tried to be nice under the circumstances that you are always on the attack. . . I think you are trying to gain acceptance from the majority. Or what may seem like the majority to you.
That's all great, but I really think you need to chill it out a bit. Please let me know in a reply if you are gonna lay off of me. And I truly hope that is what will happen since I have asked you nicely and given you another honest appraisal. Thank you and I wish you the best.
I'll see you on the boards and hopefully we can have intelligent discussions in the future.

He came on and repeatedly and maliciously lied to everyone that I threatened to kill him and his family and was coming to his house to get even. Absolutely outlandish lies, so I posted the PM's to which he came back with more lies trying to claim I sent him 8 PM's. Long story short. The MEN sent me a warning and threatened to take further action if I refused to not speak out about corruption. They must not have even read the supposedly offending posts, but just took the word of the attackers who reported me. That is why I say the MEN could stop the attacks, but it seems to me that they choose to only delete posts and threads that are exposing corruption.
I have to wonder if this is just a Monroe thing? Or does this type of obnoxious behavior of unfair attacks and intimidation pervade most forums?

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 12:22:39 AM »

Wow JR a lot to answer.
AS I said before, the best way to stop most, but not all, is to ignore the less than nice behavior and keept to the discussion.  I know it is hard to ignore someone calling you names or saying things that are not true.  And on occasion even that has to be called out.  But, for the most part you need to remain better than the petty stuff.
I don't know if MT has get togethers, as I would not go anyway.  I did go to a recent MU gathering to meet some.  THey were jsut average people.  I can say for sure that they don't even talk about MT when together.  IT is an unsaid rule.  They also do not plot to gang up.  It sometimes happens in differnt topics from different people and is coincidental.

AS far as the admin here.  THey have a few part time people basically using spare time to try and keep this place going.  It isn't easy for them.  But, I think that leads to a lack of consistancy.  Many of the ones you are complaining about.  or at least I think you are, bere banned from here for a long time recently.  so, no it isn't that preferential.

If someone doesn't want to answer your question, let it go, they just won't.  If you keep asking it over and over it just gets them and possibly others upset.  Generally, what you speak of was off topic anyway. If it was in the proper topic it could possibly be pushed because it IS the topic.

Not sure what posts or topics, so cannot comment. (and I don't want to know)
I reported you for posting other peoples pms.  THey are private and should be kept that way.  If you want to post your own I guess you can, since you wrote them, but not others responses to you.  They were sent private and were meant to be private.

Are other forums the same.  SOme are some aren't.  This forum is predominantly farther right with religeon and politics.  I go to some that are a little more left, and it is about the same except the more left ones dominate instead of the right.  I think for some they are frustrated with life, and use the anonymity of the internet to release some of that onto others.  Go try REdstate, they will ban anyone that says anything remotely ---- anything but far right.  SOrry, did not know how to put that.  Kos is left and doesn't ban them, but keep a leash on too much.  some is said, but it starts a big fight or something it is cut off.  I like FIredoglake.  It has a lot of legal type things.  MArcy WHeeler (emptywheel) is totally brilliant at anilysing documents, digesting them, and telling us what they mean.  She does timelines to show how things came to happen.  THere are also just plain old people blogs there too.  and usually no real nasty stuff.  Talk left is legal, and sometimes past me, but nice.  That one bans for trolling.  Here is one you may like... http://anticorruptionrepublican.blogspot.com/

SO, to answer, yeah it might be a little more out of control than others, but not so far. 

To sum up.  relax, let the water flow off your back, let the children be petty, but stay above it.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 12:28:23 AM »

some topics yo just KNOW are going to get a lot of passion.  Some you know are going to get the ire or passion of some that are predicted.  In that respect I can guess that you all know which I would pick. 

But, what you have interest in, and what is used as insults or defamation is different.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 12:39:34 AM »

We all drift off topic, and usually is acceptable to most.  Sometimes it goes way too far off, that isn't.

SOme things go too far.  I think a person family is off limits.  The person here can defend themselves, but the inocent family members don't even know that they are being insulted.  It is wrong.

I see no need or desire to defend FF, but bringing his son up as a way to cause hurt to him is just plain wrong.

I find it rather humorous how some attack others for their writing or grammar.  Yet, I am  probably the worst typer here with not much doubt.  I am not picked on for it.  I would laugh anyway, because it is true.  It is just another of those take people down things.  Let it go. (I never knew that about a period and then three dots, gotta check on that)

I check a lot of things that people say.  Gives me a starting place to learn.  I do that for right speakers too.  I may not agree, but i check it out.  But, I also will ignore what someone says if it is insulting, from either side, anyone.  Even if it was teh answer to the worlds problems.  That is just me.

Jim Richards

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:50 AM »

quote author=ducksoup link=topic=14978.msg375208#msg375208 date=1251346959]

I reported you for posting other peoples pms.  THey are private and should be kept that way.  If you want to post your own I guess you can, since you wrote them, but not others responses to you.  They were sent private and were meant to be private.

SO, to answer, yeah it might be a little more out of control than others, but not so far. 

To sum up.  relax, let the water flow off your back, let the children be petty, but stay above it.

[/quote]

Thank you for your comments. And may I say it is refreshing to have a sincere and decent person on this forum. I may not agree with you at times, but we at least act adult and express our personal views without allowing the conversation to delve into the gutter.

After the malicious lies were spewed last Sunday, I repeatedly requested that he post the supposed PM threats he kept saying that I sent him. After he continued to make the lies even stronger and would not post the supposed threats in the PM, I felt I had no choice and I was forced to expose his slanderous lies that were directed at me to prove what he said was a total fabrication.

And let me say that I have always tried to be respectful. Even to those doing the attacks.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 01:04:12 AM »

when someone tells you to cool your heels, pay attention.  I have had that before and listen.  I saw one person almost implode and would just not listen when he was asked to cool down.  He is perma banned, as in forever.

I expect that if I am out of line to be told.  People don't ask others to cool down without meaning it.  (excluded is the have a drink or take your meds insults)

I understand that you are upset with CK.  Let it go.  It will do you no good but to be upset.  That hurts you, not him.  If he makes an insult with no provocation, ignor his post. Don't even respond.  To some, being ignored is far worse than getting anger toward tehm.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 06:10:48 AM »

duck? it just dawned on me with seeing your avatar and all...i am wondering if you are...or might be related to the duck that drops down with the secret word on the old show...you bet your life!  ;D
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

Mike Ingels

• Hero Talker
    • Expatriate Monroe
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »

This forum is pretty balanced.

Compared to many other forums, posters here are nice.

Many of the people who argue here either like to argue or like to be involved drama.

It's much better to argue on an internet forum than in real life.

Have a great day!
The world is basically good.

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 08:23:55 AM »

Is it soup yet?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up