MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Tattoo Shop

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tattoo Shop  (Read 1882 times)

TheSeeker

• Hero Talker
Tattoo Shop
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »

Where is the best tattoo shop in the Monroe area?
Anaconda don't want none, unless you got butt hun.

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
Re: Tattoo Shop
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:35 AM »

Not sure about Monroe, but I could help you out if you wanted to go downriver or to Toledo.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »

Don't do it TheSeeker!!  Just think of your 80 year old body with that ugly tatoo on it!! LOL

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »

Don't do it TheSeeker!!  Just think of your 80 year old body with that ugly tatoo on it!! LOL

What do you have against tats? Not all are bad.

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »

lol  I just see the neighbor man who, when he was in the Navy got this nice looking ship on his chest.  He is now closing in on 70 and his ship has . . sunk!

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 10:36:46 AM »

True, but who cares what you look like at that age. As long as people are still looking. :)

- Socrates

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »

LOL  I try to cover my eyes when I see that ship! LOL

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »

That's just bad placement though. I'm sure my tats will shrink and shrivel too, but they should look too bad when they do.

- Socrates

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »

Do you cover them up when you go for interviews?

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »

Do you cover them up when you go for interviews?

They are cover unless I wear a workout shirt actually. No one ever has to know I have them unless I choose to let them know.

- Socrates

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »

ahhh good!

Noki49

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »

The only person that I would let ink me is Brad Benson (Tattoo and Design 734-819-3225). He's talented and  clean. He'll do originals: yours or his, and does great cover-ups ;). If you want to see his work, go on up to Nortel Lanes, ask an employee if you can see their tat - if they have one, Brad did the work ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:29:14 AM by Noki49 »
Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been.
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for my visit wait,
But alas, for their fate,
Though they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.
What am I?

TheSeeker

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 11:46:50 AM »

The only person that I would let ink me is Brad Benson (Tattoo and Design 734-819-3225). He's talented and  clean. He'll do originals: yours or his, and does great cover-ups ;). If you want to see his work, go on up to Nortel Lanes, ask an employee if you can see their tat - if they have one, Brad did the work ;D

Noki, my daughter is getting the tattoo. No unnecessary health risks are our first priority. Do you know if Brad has a licensed shop? 

Not sure about Monroe, but I could help you out if you wanted to go downriver or to Toledo.

Downriver works for us CK. Let's hear your recommendations.
Anaconda don't want none, unless you got butt hun.

Noki49

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 12:47:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure he's licensed. I can let you know for sure in a few hours when I have time to check. I've worked with him for over ten years and have seen a lot of his work and never heard of nor seen any problems. I trust him for myself because I know him and I know his policies (sterile environment, single use needles, gloves, no drinking - too much blood flow, and such). He is going to do a cover up for me, as when I was young and dumb, I got a tattoo on impulse; lesson learned.
I will update on the license when I find out...
Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been.
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for my visit wait,
But alas, for their fate,
Though they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.
What am I?

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 05:50:39 PM »

Where is the best tattoo shop in the Monroe area?

Judge a tattoo place this way

a) Hygene
b) After care instructions.  Many differ on how to care for your wound (yes, it's a wound) until it's healed.  Bad instructions and after care treatment lead to many infections and a bad rap to the tattoo-ist.
c) Pick a design.  Walk away. Go back.  Walk away.  Still like that same design 3 times in a row?  Good. Get it.  OOOps, It's your idea custom thing?  Same holds true.  Just have them draw it out and you view it 3 times, without alteration.

A good thread to start my be the after-care instructions.  I seen way too many good (not necc. great designs) go bad from bad after-care.  And that can include any number (even worse implications) of piercings.
"We shall never forget that it was our submarines that held the lines against the enemy while our fleets replaced losses and repaired wounds."
Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz, USN.

"Of all the branches of men in the forces there is none which shows more devotion and faces grimmer perils than the submariners"  
~Sir Winston S. Churchill~

"I saw the submariners, the way they stood aloof and silent, watching their pigboat with loving eyes. They are alone in the Navy. I admired the PT boys. And I often wondered how the aviators had the courage to go out day after day and I forgave their boasting. But the submariners! In the entire fleet they stand apart!”  James Michener

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. " George Orwell
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up