MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Duvall gets 31 years in prison

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Duvall gets 31 years in prison  (Read 5575 times)

MonroeNews.com

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
Duvall gets 31 years in prison
« on: August 28, 2009, 01:00:34 PM »

Duvall gets 31 years in prison
28 August 2009, 11:52 am

Her father and uncle were convicted of murder in the savage beating deaths of two deer hunters in northern Michigan. Her stepfather is in prison for murdering her mother. And she was sexually abused as a child for years.

Source: MonroeNews.com - Local News

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Duvall gets 31 years in prison
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »

It's unbelievable how some people can value life so little.  :(
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Jim Richards

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »

It's unbelievable how some people can value life so little.  :(

She only got second degree and has a chance of being released some day. She brutally stabbed and slashed a 78-year old guy to death 76 times. Why did they give her a plea bargain? She confessed.

She said "I'd like to apologize to Whitey's family. I'm sorry for all the embarrassment." How about an apology for the guys she allowed to be brought to court to answer for her crime? Talk about embarrassment. She was almost just going to get off scot free while two innocent people were going to pay for a crime they had absolutely nothing to do with.

The probation officer said his murder was senseless. Senseless? Well so was the prosecution of two innocent guys that almost went down for this murder. We don't hear anything about that anymore though do we? Swept under the rug. The judge said that she is a threat to the community. True, but so is the Prosecutor's office. They have no qualms prosecuting innocent citizens without a drop of evidence. This was just another case of revenge and they prosecuted them on a totally fabricated story. This prosecutor's office prosecutes just because people want revenge or a payback. All it takes is verbal set ups by enemies and they run with it. An ex girlfriend of one of the guys made up an elaborate story and the police and prosecutor run with it with nothing but talk from people that have a reason to lie. Then when it gets to court, the prosecutor tells the jury, "why would this person come in here under oath and lie?" The prosecutor can make that outlandish statement because the judge would not let in "WHY" lying witnesses lie. And the prosecutor can just wait until the defense does not get to say another word in closing argument before springing those morsels on the jury with no fear of any rebuttal from the defense.

Even after the prosecutor knew, full well, that those guys were totally innocent, they did not want to admit they were dead wrong about bringing charges, they had egg all over their face and then dragged their heels taking forever until they finally dropped the frivolously brought charges against two innocent guys. I like the quote, "It's unbelievable how some people can value life so little" So true! And this also applies to the prosecutor's office. They only value convictions.

And to top it all off. If you can believe it, the prosecutor already knew about her involvement in another murder. That other case needs to be reopened because a woman was murdered with the same method that she murdered Whitey. Knifed to death. Instead, a jury convicted the husband of stabbing his wife to death while she was sitting in a chair. Just like Whitey, knifed to death. Her preferred weapon of death.
Mr. Dotson said that Ms. Duvall actually was the real killer, but she denied any involvement with his wife's murder under oath. Like an oath means anything to her. People lie all the time under oath to get innocent people convicted and to save their own skin. She would have never come forward on her own to confess about the immediate case in which she was sentenced. But the prosecutor got their conviction on the husband and they will stubbornly stick by, what appears to be, their ill-gotten conviction. They refuse to admit when they have eighty-sixed an innocent person. Too embarrassing for them, I guess.

Killing is all Ms. Duvall knows in dealing with problems because this was not the only killing she has been exposed to over the years. Her mother was killed by her stepfather. Her real  father killed two Detroit deer hunters. and the cycle continues.

supermom

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »

Hopefully by her prison sentence her children will be able to escape the cycle and be able to become productive adults.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 06:03:25 PM »

never happen.....

there is a book, titled Darker than Night, available at the book nook. It is about this woman's father, and his brother, and the murder they commited. If you read the book, you will get an understanding of what this family is like.

Riv.....I was asked by a friend if I lived in Monroe when the trial you are talking about above occurred.  I couldn't remember this as I moved to town in '94 or so.

When did this happen, I can't believe I missed it in the local news?
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Reign71

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »

I have read "Darker Than Night", I couldn't put it down. I read the book in one evening. The description of the murder was really disturbing.
If anyone reads the book, I agree with the previous poster, that you will get a good understanding of what the family is like.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

sadhu

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 08:47:32 PM »

Geesh. If someone says 'pass the salt' in that familes house at the dinner table you better PASS THE SALT!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »

.........and yet another citizen incarcerated on the taxpayers dime.  Death should be punished by immediate death to the perpetrator.  Not a prolonged stay at the barred hotel.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Aunt B

• Hero Talker
    • Help get funding for Adam Walsh child protection and safety act
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 08:42:06 AM »

Yeah that family has a long history of violence and murder and mayhem.  Sad tho that the girls life was like it was....I know when you grow up you are supposed to overcome and let go of all the bad things that happened to you but sheesh!  That poor woman!  Even tho I think she deserves that sentence I cant help but feel sorry for her.

*sigh* And I know what I'm about to say is gonna cuz y'all to ream me a new one but bring it on!  sorry

Whitey, even tho I didnt know him personally, ruined many lives.  I do know that first hand. well ok maybe second hand? but its true...I feel bad for whiteys family but it is what it is.  He supplied mucho crack and pills to our residents (our children our brothers and sisters etc) and he ran numbers...took bets on sports games (even tho I guess thats not so bad) so I guess Karma paid him a visit in the shape of Ms Duvall.  She shouldve made better choices but guess what?  So should have Whitey!  His son that died just before him was a crack head.  Heck of a nice kid, rode his bike around town but come on.  It it walks like a duck.....

so come on, I can take it ;-) I know its coming so let me have it.

Peace
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:44:00 AM by Aunt B »

Brewer

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 09:29:15 AM »

Here's a preview of "Darker Than Night" if anyone is interested...

http://books.google.com/books?id=OFEc7xS_ixQC&dq=%22darker+than+night%22&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=0DfkvDSROm&sig=Hi17pNX-TrOXvcRXgOfXJ9nCV3k&hl=en&ei=1mqYSu-NHZKmNtKRwZ4H&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=12#v=onepage&q=&f=false

It's only the first 40 pages (I missed the fact you said "preview" haha)!  I read them, it sucked me in because I know all of these northern Michigan cities they were talking about in the book.   Now I'm going to have to find the book to finish it...     :)

cindy

• New Talker
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 12:25:27 PM »

The Dotson case does remain open and many loved ones of Betty Dotson are hoping and praying for justice for their beloved mother who was murdered in the same manner as Whitey,brutally stabbed to death! Though MRS.Dotson lived her life the opposite ( rumors stated of Whitey) Mrs. Dotson was a law abiding citizen,a devoted christian,never drank or swore,a great grandmother whom never performed a bad deed in her life. Though unfortunately crossed paths with Dawn threw Mr. Dotson who met her at an AA meeting and a relationship evolved with Mr. Dotson paying her for sex with money and prescription drugs.Mr. Dotson has always and still does implicate Dawn as the one who actually stabbed Mrs. Dotson.
Please pray for justice for the Dotson family!!!!!!!

Aunt B

• Hero Talker
    • Help get funding for Adam Walsh child protection and safety act
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 12:39:03 PM »

I know this is sort of off topic seeings as it pertains to the two Duvall brothers case but here's a good link on that story

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/michigan-hunting/45190-bragging-killings.html

Thanks BRD for the link you provided for the book.  Now I'm off to try and find the book to finish it.  That Duvall family is some pieces of work or CRAP! :-(

cindy

• New Talker
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

Thank you Jim Richards
You really know how to see the truth!

Jim Richards

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 01:49:20 PM »

The Dotson case does remain open and many loved ones of Betty Dotson are hoping and praying for justice for their beloved mother who was murdered in the same manner as Whitey,brutally stabbed to death!
Dotson has always and still does implicate Dawn as the one who actually stabbed Mrs. Dotson.
Please pray for justice for the Dotson family!!!!!!!

As in my above comments, you also state the obvious. I question how the case is still open though. The only thing served at this point in time is another one of Monroe's miscarriage of justice. Or simply put - Injustice! It all goes back to the corrupt legal system we all must endure. As you stated, many are hoping and praying for justice. I could only wish that were enough. But unless you are personally affected, most people go on with their life and just say, "too bad." The majority do nothing to correct it or even speak up about it. When ones come on MT, as I do, and expose the corruption, injustice and crooked politics, I am attacked anonymously. It makes one wonder if the anonymous attackers are one and the same of the guilty parties being exposed. Or maybe just those that have no conscience, relish in others misery and are disrespectful in their comments. They hang their hats on the fact there was a conviction.

Sure Mr. Dotson was convicted with the testimony of Dawn Duvall. There could just as easily be a conviction of Dawn Duvall with Mr. Dotson's testimony. This only demonstrates, that in a crooked justice system, a conviction means nothing. Unfortunately, it is too late for the convicted who are the real victims. Yes, the majority of the defendants are truly guilty and they usually plead down their case, just like Dawn Duvall did.

But there are others that are innocent that plead down their case to save money, jail time and a chance of a felony. There are others that are truly "Not Guilty." They take their cases to trial because they have morals and principles. They refuse to accept their plea bargains to plead their case down even to a misdemeanor that they did not commit. They have the mistaken view that justice and honesty will prevail if they go to trial. They get a rude awakening in the local insidious trap where the prosecutor awaits to entrap their prey by every despicable means possible. Whether it be grooming witnesses to lie or the prosecutors themselves blatantly and knowingly lying to the jury, the judge and to the defense attorneys. They bring cases without any evidence. But they know they can squeeze these cases in because the corrupt judges, not the honest ones, allow these cases to proceed with no evidence and are pro prosecution at every turn.

The system is corrupt and there and those that know that this injustice system is dishonorable, but not enough to stand up, demand justice and affect a change. Maybe at the polls next time a good house cleaning will take place? But probably not unfortunately.

For the Dotson case, anyone with an ounce of sense realizes that what the wrongly convicted man says, and has said all along, is true about this Duvall woman being the real killer. She stood by when two others were going to go down for her murder. She again stands by and lets Mr. Dotson go down for another of her murders. How many other unsolved stabbing are there?

An honest prosecutor would take the appropriate measures to undo the wrongs they have committed. And we have seen it happen across this great land in other places where they admit they got it wrong and reverse the damage as quickly and as best they can. But not in Monroe.

If this prosecutor's office were not so crooked, they would petition the court to release this innocent man and charge the real killer, Dawn Duvall. But we will never see that, will we? This prosecutor will stand by, just like the real killer, and let this man rot in prison for a crime he did not commit.

And this prosecutor's office will fight to the end, every one of the crooked case that they have amassed to their discredit. They do not want to be discredited so they fight on in the face of honesty. Conviction numbers are more important. They continue to fight on in the appeals process in support of their ill-gotten and phony convictions while the innocent appeal. Those that are brave enough and willing to stand up for justice to expose them are very few.

Hoping and praying this crooked system will do the right thing is not enough.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up