MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Secret Service Probing Obama Assassination Poll on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secret Service Probing Obama Assassination Poll on Facebook  (Read 1352 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Secret Service Probing Obama Assassination Poll on Facebook
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »

The U.S. Secret Service is investigating a "poll" posted on Facebook that asked users the most unsocial, unspeakable question: Should President Obama be assassinated?

Edwin Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said the agency will take "appropriate investigative steps" in connection to the survey, which was posted on Saturday and was quickly removed when Facebook employees were alerted to its existence.

"We are continuing our investigation," Donovan told FOXNews.com, declining further comment.

The poll asked respondents: "Should Obama be killed?"

The possible answers were "no," "maybe," yes," and "yes if he cuts my health care."

Facebook spokesman Barry Schnitt said a "third-party application" enabled an individual user to create what he said was an "offensive poll."

"The application was immediately suspended while the inappropriate content could be removed by the developer and until such time as the developer institutes better procedures to monitor their user-generated content," Schnitt said in a statement to FOXNews.com.

Facebook is now cooperating with the Secret Service, Schnitt said.

Bob Beckel, a Democratic Party strategist and FOX News contributor, said the individual responsible for the poll should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

"This is the kind of garbage that's generated from the extreme right against Obama, and it's going way over the line," Beckel told FOXNews.com. "It's got to be stopped. Find him, prosecute him and put him in jail."

Regardless of political persuasion, Beckel said such threats are "un-American" and simply not acceptable.

"If they don't like what Obama is doing, then maybe they ought to go out and vote for someone else," he said. "But relying on this kind of attack is un-American and unacceptable."

In November, prior to Obama's landslide election victory, officials from the Secret Service declined to comment on the number of threats he had received, but they said they saw more threats against him than any other candidate during the campaign.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,556722,00.html
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
Re: Secret Service investigating Facebook poll on Obama
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »

http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Secret Service investigating Facebook poll on Obama
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »

We already have a thread on this.

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15699.0

Why does your link bring me back to this one?

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Crox77

• Hero Talker
Re: Secret Service Probing Obama Assassination Poll on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »

Mind trick

family man

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 06:42:45 AM »

So that's where Normal Joe went after he left here huh?

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »

Why does your link bring me back to this one?

They merged the other thread, that's where I had made the post.

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 11:08:15 AM »

So that's where Normal Joe went after he left here huh?

:o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »

They merged the other thread, that's where I had made the post.
Well thanks for bringing it to my attention and thanks to the admin for fixing my screw-up.
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm losing it much quicker than I ever imagined.  :(

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:46:41 PM »

Well thanks for bringing it to my attention and thanks to the admin for fixing my screw-up.
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm losing it much quicker than I ever imagined.  :(

No, your thread was first. The other one (made by a poster with one post if memory serves) was the duplicate. I just like to keep things tidy. :D

As far as this thread goes, I doubt the search will go anywhere, most likely made by some foreign person. But if it was made by a US citizen, that person should be brought up on charges of some sort. I don't care who the President is, no one should even joke around about his death. (Yes I would even say that if it were 10 months ago and Bush was still in office)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:50:19 PM by Collegekid »

- Socrates

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Secret Service Probing Obama Assassination Poll--Case Closed!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »

It was a juvenile...   

Secret service has talked to him and his parents and no charges will be filed...

and all you people who think you are anonymous behind your keyboard better think again ;)  ;) ;)

http://news.aol.com/article/kill-obama-facebook-poll-case-closed/517074
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »

You're darn tootin BRD!!!

Obama is watching!

I think the poll was appropriately removed.
His parents need some parental controls I'd say!!!

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »

It was a juvenile...   

Secret service has talked to him and his parents and no charges will be filed...

and all you people who think you are anonymous behind your keyboard better think again ;)  ;) ;)

http://news.aol.com/article/kill-obama-facebook-poll-case-closed/517074

Considering he posted it on Facebook, he'd be a complete idiot if he thought he could be "anonymous" on there; 80% of his personal information is there for everyone to see.
your mom goes to college.

Baby Hitler

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 02:39:09 PM »

Considering he posted it on Facebook, he'd be a complete idiot if he thought he could be "anonymous" on there; 80% of his personal information is there for everyone to see.

Even if he had set up a false facebook account, they could still track his IP address. And don't think they can't, how do you think all of those RIAA lawsuits got filed?

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »

Even if he had set up a false facebook account, they could still track his IP address. And don't think they can't, how do you think all of those RIAA lawsuits got filed?

They subpoena'd the ISP to hand over IP addresses they caught accessing files over Kazaa and Limewire.
your mom goes to college.
Pages: [1]   Go Up