MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Heroin Problem in Monroe!?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroin Problem in Monroe!?  (Read 40313 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Heroin Problem in Monroe!?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 11:45:31 AM »

Thanks.  I though I had heard of a new program but couldn't come up with it.  I didn't think of searching the Monroe News.  I just looked at various government web sites in Monroe county.

I found it on the county recycling website page too...   
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2014, 11:38:23 AM »

I still struggle to understand how in a city this size with what appears to be an ample police force (County included) can't get this under control.  Anyone know if there are dedicated forces, and in what quantity, to combat heroine traffic here?
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 02:18:05 PM »

It's called MANTIS and they use their time screwing with medical marijuana growers
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2014, 04:11:27 PM »

The old Luke Davis gang?

Are they Monroe County specific, and about what size of squad is it?

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2014, 04:33:59 PM »

I think it's 8 or 9 guys. A combination of state police, county deputies and city cops.
There is a member or 2 that act like Luke Davis wanna-bes.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »

Wonderful.....I've mentioned it before in other threads, but those kind of guys just stand out to be in their mannerisms and actions.  Easy to identify, and I can't help but to think those kind could be profiled inside the department and removed from those kind of spots in the department.

So.....considering the make up, who do they report to?  Who would the citizens of the county go complain about the lack of focus on the more concerning issue and overall performance of this group?

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »

They finally busted the loser that was dealing in our neighborhood.

It took them forever. They always showed up when people in the neighborhood called and would tell us to be patient they were building a case.

Thank God they finally got him. It's amazing how quickly and what caliber of people start lurking in your neighborhood when that crap is available.

And anyone the frequents Kroger on Monroe needs to be aware of their surroundings lots of things take place in that parking lot that goes unreported.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »

About how long do you think it took, Billy?

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 06:03:41 PM »

Close to two years.

Which is the frustrating part. When you know exactly who it is, where they live. Have license plate numbers and pick up empty bindles on an almost daily basis on a street kids walk back and forth to school on. It kind of ruffles your feathers.

I know people will say we should have dealt with it ourselves. We would chase two or three cars out a night but it didn't matter they just kept coming and coming. Walking, on bikes in cars. We figured someone would have OD'd out on the street. It never happened.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2014, 06:24:14 PM »

Mav........Billy's story below is what I'm talking about that needs to be discussed with whomever is in charge and responsible to the public to speak to.  There is no reason for that length of time to transpire prior to an arrest......their responsibility is to nip it in the bud, not prolong it for 2 damn years.  If it takes that long to build a case then they are incompetent.

This is BS and answers owed to Billy and the other residents of his neighborhood.  Who in the hell is the one person that is responsible?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »

I was up around 2am this morning...

in a a span of about 20 minutes I heard central tone out 3 different departments to 3 different 'overdose' calls!  Then I heard a call for a vehicle crash with multiple victims and central advised the first responders that their 2nd ambulance would be coming from Belleville!!!

I know some people that aren't concerned with the local Heroin 'Problem' because it doesn't impact them...

well last nice was a scenario where it certainly can impact EVERYONE!!!

When someone needs an ambulance they usually can't wait :( :( :(
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2014, 08:49:45 AM »

Good point, BRD!  Everyone should be concerned about this growing issue in our immediate area, and why I would like to know who the one person is that is in charge of multi-department task force.  This person needs to hear from the public that we want immediate actions and not 2 year long duration of building a case.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »

Close to two years.

Which is the frustrating part. When you know exactly who it is, where they live. Have license plate numbers and pick up empty bindles on an almost daily basis on a street kids walk back and forth to school on. It kind of ruffles your feathers.

I know people will say we should have dealt with it ourselves. We would chase two or three cars out a night but it didn't matter they just kept coming and coming. Walking, on bikes in cars. We figured someone would have OD'd out on the street. It never happened.
I have a friend who lost a family member to this drug -
they gave police the apartment #, name of the known dealer...

nothing done -

I think because they have that "special" unit - the regular PD's seem more likely to ignore it - or pass it on...   No money in drug forfeiture from in these cases.

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2014, 09:31:38 AM »

I was up around 2am this morning...

in a a span of about 20 minutes I heard central tone out 3 different departments to 3 different 'overdose' calls!  Then I heard a call for a vehicle crash with multiple victims and central advised the first responders that their 2nd ambulance would be coming from Belleville!!!

I know some people that aren't concerned with the local Heroin 'Problem' because it doesn't impact them...

well last nice was a scenario where it certainly can impact EVERYONE!!!

When someone needs an ambulance they usually can't wait :( :( :(

Another side result of the Police takeover - claiming Monroe City Citizens didn't lose any services...  2 ambulances were lost in the system. 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2014, 04:13:26 PM »

I wonder if that one single mystery person who is responsible to oversee the activities of the multi departmental drug force will be there?

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/nov/30/monroe-drug-summit-update-progress-tackling-drug-u/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30   Go Up