MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Heroin Problem in Monroe!?

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroin Problem in Monroe!?  (Read 43404 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Heroin Problem in Monroe!?
« Reply #435 on: April 09, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »

I believe that communities are enthralled with grow operations and the possible financial windfall from them.  In reality it's not much however and unless a community is well staffed with LE, it could be a real thorn.

Here's one for you...  Madison Township wants to rezone the old Dura Automotive site on Beecher Street to allow a grow operation to inhabit the site.  Gus Harrison Correctional Facility is on the opposing corner of Beecher at Parr Highway, a scant 1/10th mile away....  And Madison Township as well as the City of Adrian are understaffed with LE..  A recipe for disaster in my view.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »

My thinking is you get people hooked on marijuana and i guess it makes them feel good.  Then they move on to the next step.

Nah . . . the next step is usually junk food and weight control.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #437 on: April 12, 2018, 10:54:27 PM »

I just don't get the majijuana campaign.  Do the liberals really think all the drug users will switch to it rather than do hard drugs?  I'm guessing not. 
My thinking is you get people hooked on marijuana and i guess it makes them feel good.  Then they move on to the next step.
The liberals want to take guns away from everyone because 10 or 15 school kids get shot.  I'm only making that as an example,  Then they want to leagalize drugs and pay no attention to the border where they enter all the while killing tens of thousands of people.

No one ever killed someone by speeding and driving erratic on Marijuana...   just Alcohol
Alcohol is legal however -  its like saying if you drink beer - you'll move up to whiskey
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #438 on: July 05, 2018, 09:55:40 AM »

Nothing says dad of the year like overdosing on Heroin with your kids in the car...  ages 9 &4 -  hopefully taken away forever!   

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180702/officers-revive-man-after-suspected-overdose-crash
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #439 on: July 11, 2018, 10:17:58 AM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180710/woman-overdoses-on-heroin-was-taken-to-hospital

I see they are moving towards the Trailer parks... 

this catch and release program isn't working.    Letting the dealers supply and users not having to ID their suppliers only leads to more users and deaths! 
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #440 on: July 11, 2018, 02:44:26 PM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180710/woman-overdoses-on-heroin-was-taken-to-hospital

I see they are moving towards the Trailer parks... 

this catch and release program isn't working.    Letting the dealers supply and users not having to ID their suppliers only leads to more users and deaths!

Just like immigration, 'catch and release' has been proven time and time again, not to work at all.  Dopers need to be slammed in the slammer and let them detox in a cell.

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #441 on: July 17, 2018, 07:28:04 AM »

It doesn't appear the addiction issue is letting up any!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180218/two-heroin-overdoses-in-one-day

Heroin is not the only addiction in Monroe County. Meth and crack cocaine/cocaine,
 are the ones to worry about right now. A lot of the pill heads switched over, to that. It's bad in Monroe, right now. You just don't hear about it as much, because the users aren't overdosing and passing out. Meth heads can be very violent, especially when the are going through withdrawals.
everyday is a new beginning....

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #442 on: July 17, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »

Didn't know that about the violent outbursts.  Maybe that explains some of the antics of a few guys at the gym the some of us suspect are druggies. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #443 on: July 17, 2018, 11:01:32 AM »

Heroin is not the only addiction in Monroe County. Meth and crack cocaine/cocaine,
 are the ones to worry about right now. A lot of the pill heads switched over, to that. It's bad in Monroe, right now. You just don't hear about it as much, because the users aren't overdosing and passing out. Meth heads can be very violent, especially when the are going through withdrawals.

I don't remember what it was but years ago it was going around.  It was a horse tranquilizer and it tended to give users 'super strength'.

One guy was a biter.  The fire chief went in the ambulance to the hospital to help the EMTs if they needed it. 

Once the victim (tough word to use when it was self inflicted) was in the hospital one of the nurses was leaning over him hooking up whatever and she ended up with part of her anatomy very close to his mouth.  The fire chief reached across and put his hand in the way and pointed out to the nurse "He bites"!!! 

Today the fire chief would probably have gotten hit with a sexual harassment lawsuit!!!

When I was up north we picked a guy up out of the middle of the road and when he came around he was strong enough to break the straps on our backboards.  I think back then they were just seat belt material but it was still quite an effort on his part.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #444 on: July 17, 2018, 04:23:34 PM »

With me, key word is always 'addict'  Getting to be an addict requires the addict to partake in the drug voluntarily.  I have no feelings for any of them and I don't appreciate responders administering Narcan and bring them back...to do it again.  Let them die I say.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #445 on: July 17, 2018, 04:44:34 PM »

And the county wants to upgrade the 911 system so they can find them quicker

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #446 on: July 17, 2018, 05:19:54 PM »

Didn't know that about the violent outbursts.  Maybe that explains some of the antics of a few guys at the gym the some of us suspect are druggies. 

Oh, yes. Very violent. I've seen where a 20 year old was bugging, relentlessly, to her 72 year old grandfather, for $20.00. She was in a crazed state, when she woke from her last binge. He told her NO!. No money. She reared her arm back and hit in straight in the chest area. It knocked him out cold. An ambulance was called, cpr started by another daughter, but he came to right before they got there. Police came, too, but the granddaughter did not go to jail. She took off out the door before any first responders came, and he didn't press charges. Just think, if he had pressed charges against her then, she wouldn't be in the trouble she is today.

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #447 on: July 17, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »

I don't remember what it was but years ago it was going around.  It was a horse tranquilizer and it tended to give users 'super strength'.

One guy was a biter.  The fire chief went in the ambulance to the hospital to help the EMTs if they needed it. 

Once the victim (tough word to use when it was self inflicted) was in the hospital one of the nurses was leaning over him hooking up whatever and she ended up with part of her anatomy very close to his mouth.  The fire chief reached across and put his hand in the way and pointed out to the nurse "He bites"!!! 

Today the fire chief would probably have gotten hit with a sexual harassment lawsuit!!!

When I was up north we picked a guy up out of the middle of the road and when he came around he was strong enough to break the straps on our backboards.  I think back then they were just seat belt material but it was still quite an effort on his part.

Probably Special K (Ketamine) or the Zombie drug.   https://aforeverrecovery.com/blog/drugs/dangerous-xylazine-nicknamed-the-zombie-drug/

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #448 on: July 17, 2018, 05:45:47 PM »

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #449 on: July 17, 2018, 06:20:04 PM »

Oh, yes. Very violent. I've seen where a 20 year old was bugging, relentlessly, to her 72 year old grandfather, for $20.00. She was in a crazed state, when she woke from her last binge. He told her NO!. No money. She reared her arm back and hit in straight in the chest area. It knocked him out cold. An ambulance was called, cpr started by another daughter, but he came to right before they got there. Police came, too, but the granddaughter did not go to jail. She took off out the door before any first responders came, and he didn't press charges. Just think, if he had pressed charges against her then, she wouldn't be in the trouble she is today.

I am guessing she would be in even more trouble today.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Up