MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Twas the month before Christmas

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Twas the month before Christmas  (Read 1803 times)

Chips

• Hero Talker
Twas the month before Christmas
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »

*Twas the month before Christmas*

*When all through our land,*

*Not a Christian was praying*

*Nor taking a stand.*

*See the PC Police had taken away,*

*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*

*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*

*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*

*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*

* December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.*

*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*

*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*

*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*

*Something was changing, something quite odd! *

*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*

*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*

*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*

* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*

*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*

*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*

*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*

*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*

*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*

*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !*

*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*

*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*

*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*

* Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*

*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*

*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*

*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'*

*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*

*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*

*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,

not Happy Holiday !*

Please, all Christians join together and

wish everyone you meet

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Christ is ?The Reason' for the Christ-mas Season!
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

Reign71

• Hero Talker
Re: Twas the month before Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:38:34 AM »

I still say Merry Christmas during the holidays. I don't see how someone of a different faith or belief could be offended. I would not be offended at all if someone was to wish me a happy Hanukkah, even though I do not celebrate Hanukkah.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »

I doubt offensive was the point...chances are, what chips posted was from an email spread from a religious right Conservative trying to make religion a bigger issue than what it is.

It's hard to argue in generalities so if there's something specific that needs discussing then by all means put it out there.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

tree hugging liberal

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »

Twas  Mark 11:15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
11:16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves .................The retailers and the advertising industry have become a den of thieves, as well as, the right wing theocrats of America.By pimping Christianity for revenue and votes.
"The road is long and full of difficulties. At times we wander from the path and must turn back; at other times we go too fast and separate ourselves from the masses; on occasions we go too slow and feel the hot breath of those treading on our heels."  Che

Reign71

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 11:42:29 AM »

I doubt offensive was the point...chances are, what chips posted was from an email spread from a religious right Conservative trying to make religion a bigger issue than what it is.

It's hard to argue in generalities so if there's something specific that needs discussing then by all means put it out there.

I guess I just wanted to spout off about something that bothers me.. and I see I was a little off topic. I was talking about something that deserves it's own thread. I just don't like all the "political Correctness" around the holidays. Sorry.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 11:58:18 AM »

i dont pc at all!

its merry christmas...and always will be.
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »

Is anyone genuinely offended when someone says, “Merry Christmas” to them?

I don’t think many people would even claim that they are. 

This is a non-issue that people have been trying to make into one each of the last few years. 

The “Christmas costs less at Walmart” commercials have already started, so it’s a little harder to attack Walmart this year.

tree hugging liberal

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »

Really, I do have issue with the marketing of Christmas,and the materialistic holiday that it has become. I agree in large part with the verse. Why did you have to put the Democratic legislators in to the fray. I am a believer in Christ. I do not follow or practice any particular denomination. It does make me want to post this again. I have a real issue with people pimping ANY religion for political gain or support. It totally goes against everything that I have ever read or heard from the teachings of Christ. So, here is the post for those of you that missed it the first time the administrator pulled it .phar·i·sa·ic  (fr-sk) also phar·i·sa·i·cal (-s-kl)
adj.
1. Pharisaic also Pharisaical Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Pharisees.
2. Hypocritically self-righteous and condemnatory.
...........Nothing so incensed Our Divine Savior like the pharisaical brand of religion which was obsessed with external realities only and had nothing to do with the inward conversion of hearts to holiness. Over and over again, Our Lord had to rebuke the pharisees who wanted only the satanical bread of this world as opposed to the Bread of Eternal Life which Christ alone offered to mankind..
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:14:55 PM by tree hugging liberal »
"The road is long and full of difficulties. At times we wander from the path and must turn back; at other times we go too fast and separate ourselves from the masses; on occasions we go too slow and feel the hot breath of those treading on our heels."  Che

Susan T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 07:12:36 AM »

The banners here in our little town say nothing about Christmas. We are so worried about being "correct" phooey!!! If a clerk does'nt want to say Merry Christmas. I leave it on the counter. I may starve this year. Jesus is still the reason for the season. And I think it is time for Believers to refuse to do business with "Seasons Greeters"until they get the messege. Just my opinion.
Those who complain, came in late.We have got the start on them, which we are determined to keep. Cherokee Chief Doublehead. 1796

Noki49

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 10:00:27 AM »

Do we really have to do this every year now?

If someone gives you a greeting, accept it and move on.
No mater if they say Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings, or kiss my mistletoe, they cannot change what YOU feel about the holiday.
I never say Merry Christmas, because it is crap like the bickering over what should be said that has taken that spirit right out of me.

*clap*

No "Happy Holidays"?

How about, "I hope your turkey burns and Uncle Harry gets a lot too drunk on Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and may you get a dui for New Years!" *Jingle! Jingle!*

If Jesus is the reason, why the anger at retailers? Is it really all that shocking that they would not want to disenfranchise any potential customer? It is about profit; seperation of church and retail.
Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been.
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for my visit wait,
But alas, for their fate,
Though they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.
What am I?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »

Do we really have to do this every year now?

If someone gives you a greeting, accept it and move on.
No mater if they say Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings, or kiss my mistletoe, they cannot change what YOU feel about the holiday.
I never say Merry Christmas, because it is crap like the bickering over what should be said that has taken that spirit right out of me.

I'm just going with "kiss my mistletoe" this year...
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »

Even though I'm not really into Christmas as I once was.

I just usually say, "Have a Merry Merry and a Happy Happy!"
That way, I've covered Christmas and New Year's.
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

Noki49

• Hero Talker
Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been.
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for my visit wait,
But alas, for their fate,
Though they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.
What am I?

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 10:37:49 AM »

Okay, here is my thinking on it, so don't take it as anything other than ducktalk.

When I tell someone to "Have a Merry Christmas" I mean it.  It is not a phrase I use like "how are you today" 

For those that want to make a campaign out of retailers not using "Merry Christmas" I say.. If you are that much into what it means, then stop shopping.  The commercialized Christmas has nothing in common with the religious holiday.  If that is what is important then do that.  Go to church, and celebrate that.  There is no need to make a big deal about the commercialized holiday.  Besides, instead of the outrage that was manufactured for it by retailers not saying "Merry Christmas?, why do you still say that instead of something like "Happy Birthday, Jesus"
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 10:39:31 AM »

The banners here in our little town say nothing about Christmas. We are so worried about being "correct" phooey!!! If a clerk does'nt want to say Merry Christmas. I leave it on the counter. I may starve this year. Jesus is still the reason for the season. And I think it is time for Believers to refuse to do business with "Seasons Greeters"until they get the messege. Just my opinion.

Actually the 'reason for the season' is a Pagan holiday, that christians stole.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up