MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > When does life begin?

Poll

When do you believe life begins?

At conception.
- 13 (56.5%)
When the fetus is genetically different from the mother.
- 0 (0%)
When the fetus acquires a discernible brain wave pattern.
- 5 (21.7%)
At birth.
- 4 (17.4%)
After birth.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: October 28, 2008, 03:41:03 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: When does life begin?  (Read 4938 times)

zard0z

Re: When does life begin?
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2007, 01:41:16 PM »

If you want to talk about a mother's rights, how about if a mother loses her baby due to an act of violence against her. What if she wants justice for her child? What if the mother's life is lost is well? What if the family wants justice for the two?

i wasn't being rude. you can't bring back an aborted child.

...OK...You win...I give up, your view is the righteous one and no other can compare...Rights are just that "rights" for good or bad(of course a mother who loses a child to violence has a right to justice, I NEVER said the contrary) :(...Don't take someone else's opinion so personal, no one is asking you to have an abortion...And I never said that your views are wrong in any way...All I want to say in the end is that it is only up to the mother to decide, that's all, period(no government, and no religious involvement!)...But, I feel like i have to keep coming back in here and defend my opinion when people start shouting abortion is "murder"...Fine then, it's murder and an evil act, but that doesn't change my mind in believing that it is still the mothers choice and no one else's.  Please let this end...!

I will never say another word on this topic ever again...I can promise that...!

Has this been a pick on zardoz weekend or what...?  I've been beat down for my view points the last couple of days and it's really getting to me...Sorry if my minds eye is not to your liking...I try very hard not to make things personal...

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2007, 02:18:17 PM »

...OK...You win...I give up, your view is the righteous one and no other can compare...Rights are just that "rights" for good or bad(of course a mother who loses a child to violence has a right to justice, I NEVER said the contrary) :(...Don't take someone else's opinion so personal, no one is asking you to have an abortion...And I never said that your views are wrong in any way...All I want to say in the end is that it is only up to the mother to decide, that's all, period(no government, and no religious involvement!)...But, I feel like i have to keep coming back in here and defend my opinion when people start shouting abortion is "murder"...Fine then, it's murder and an evil act, but that doesn't change my mind in believing that it is still the mothers choice and no one else's.  Please let this end...!

I will never say another word on this topic ever again...I can promise that...!

Has this been a pick on zardoz weekend or what...?  I've been beat down for my view points the last couple of days and it's really getting to me...Sorry if my minds eye is not to your liking...I try very hard not to make things personal...
You believe in pro-choice. I'm not sure how you feel about abortion, but you obviously believe the mother's choice outweighs the issue of abortion. Is that correct?
Buck up!
I was trying to move the discussion to other areas of when life begins. As in exploring the law and opinion of prosecuting for crimes against the unborn.

Farmer.Ted

• Hero Talker
  • I will try to be good. For a minute!
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »

FWIW I agree with Zard.. .The woman's individual right outweighs all.  Her body, her choice..

You can't be against abortion and in favor of animal euthanasia btw.

Watcher

• Hero Talker
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2007, 03:02:08 PM »

FWIW I agree with Zard.. .The woman's individual right outweighs all.  Her body, her choice..

Does the baby (or pre-baby) have no rights at all....at any age?  When a women chooses abortion, she is not alone...another life is involved. There is also the father to consider.  Everybody is so quick to champion a womans right to abort at will but nobody seems to consider the right to live that the baby/fetus has.

Animal euthanasia and being anti-human abortion are not mutually exclusive. An animal who is in pain and and will not recover is best served by euthanasia.  Killing animals is not even close to the same as killing fetuses.  We kill animals all the time.  It is called food.

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2007, 03:10:58 PM »

btw, why not?

PS I think it is a cop out to say your pro-choice, yet take no stand on abortion.
Does the baby (or pre-baby) have no rights at all....at any age?  When a women chooses abortion, she is not alone...another life is involved. There is also the father to consider.  Everybody is so quick to champion a womans right to abort at will but nobody seems to consider the right to live that the baby/fetus has.

Animal euthanasia and being anti-human abortion are not mutually exclusive. An animal who is in pain and and will not recover is best served by euthanasia.  Killing animals is not even close to the same as killing fetuses.  We kill animals all the time.  It is called food.
Concerning the rights of father's...I do believe they should have some consideration.

zard0z

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »

PS I think it is a cop out to say your pro-choice, yet take no stand on abortion.

Sorry, but I guess I lied about not saying another word on this topic...You forced my hand!

Pro-choice is a stance on abortion...One for it...I have no problem with a woman deciding if she wants to get an abortion(she is the one who has to live with the choice though!)...How more clear is that on a stance...?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up