MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Obama agenda: Blasting obstructionism

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama agenda: Blasting obstructionism  (Read 240 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Obama agenda: Blasting obstructionism
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »

White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer writes on the White House’s blog about how the Senate is holding up administration nominees. “Historically, the filibuster has been used as a way to try and reach a bipartisan compromise; now it's just a tactic used to gum up the works. The Senate has had to cast more votes to break filibusters last year than in the entire 1950s and '60s combined. This has prevented an honest debate from taking place, which has made it impossible to find agreement on important legislation that would benefit working families in this country.”

“What's clear from all of this is that we need to change the way business is done in this city. If we're going to have a government that works for the American people, then we need to focus on the things that actually matter to them, like jobs and health care.  Every day we waste delaying votes on well-qualified public servants or obstructing progress on problems that need solving is a day we’re not doing our jobs.  It’s time to put an end to these partisan political games and get back to work.”

Biden on filibusters, per The Hill: “From my perspective, having served here, having been elected seven times, I’ve never seen a time when it’s become standard operating procedure. And I really mean this unrelated to the fact that Barack and I are sitting down in the West Wing now. For any president in the future, having to move through anything he or she wants, requiring a supermajority is not a good way to do business.” He didn't necessarily endorse filibuster reform though.

The Washington Post: “President Obama lamented the ‘erosion of civility’ in the nation's political debate, telling an audience Thursday at the National Prayer Breakfast that there is a growing sense that ‘something is broken’ in Washington. ‘Those of us in Washington are not serving the people as well as we should,’ he said. ‘At times, it seems like we're unable to listen to one another; to have at once a serious and civil debate.’”

Politico: “Sen. Al Franken ripped into White House senior adviser David Axelrod this week during a tense, closed-door session with Senate Democrats. Five sources who were in the room tell POLITICO that Franken criticized Axelrod for the administration’s failure to provide clarity or direction on health care and the other big bills it wants Congress to enact.”
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/02/05/2195398.aspx
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up