MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What did you see out your window today ?

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you see out your window today ?  (Read 187761 times)

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
Re: What did you see out your window today ?
« Reply #3540 on: September 26, 2018, 09:46:17 AM »

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3541 on: September 26, 2018, 10:53:40 AM »

Turns out it was Monroe to Flat Rock.

Mcans need to work on their locale.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3542 on: September 26, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »

I had about 1" of rain in the rain gauge this morning but no wind at all.  No leaves or branches down.  I have a mess to deal with, Have about 10 acres of hay down out back that needs to be tedded out and dried.  Oh well, horses are color blind anyway.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3543 on: September 26, 2018, 09:09:45 PM »

If you get no more rain, how many times will you have to turn it?
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3544 on: September 27, 2018, 06:57:20 PM »

It feels like fall out there....!

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3545 on: September 27, 2018, 08:47:02 PM »

If you get no more rain, how many times will you have to turn it?

Good question, I don't know.  Every time I turn it, it looses leaves so if I turn it too much, it's just stems and then I'll run the chopper over it and call it good until next year.  I have enough in the barn for this year anyway.

I hope Keith up at Carelton Farm Supply fared ok with the Tornado.  I have a new 86" chopper up there that needs delivered.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3546 on: September 27, 2018, 08:50:39 PM »

I get the chorus of the well drillers for a while again.  The reopened the well across the field, why I have no idea but they did.  It's been sold 3 times now.  Was a dry hole.  Arbor oil is the latest owner and money sinker into it.  Got a lot of drill stem in the caddy from what I see.  I heard they are going horizontally this time.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3547 on: September 27, 2018, 09:25:55 PM »

When I was a kid and worked on a farm it seemed like this last cutting was pretty sparse on leaves to begin with and if I had to turn it more than 2 or 3 times there was nothing left.  And at this time of year I'd have to beat it home from school and hustle out to the farm to get it done before it got dark

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3548 on: September 27, 2018, 10:04:19 PM »

I have quite a bit of alfalfa on the east end and that is bad.  Alfalfa leaves  likes to come off the stems easily.  We will see how it plays, I can always chop it.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3549 on: September 28, 2018, 09:08:32 AM »

Lots of action in the SE county last night around 10-12 near Smith, Jackman, and Douglas.  Cops stopped a guy walking and he took off.  Many Sheriff cars for a couple of hours.  A number of people posting on the Bedford Watch facebook page of sightings..  Earlier in the week the cops caught a local 14 year old kid looting auto's.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3550 on: September 28, 2018, 10:03:33 AM »

Sun and cool weather -  time for golf! 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3551 on: September 28, 2018, 12:03:56 PM »

here you go.....  Golfing at Ipperle's place?  He's up north or at least he was up north.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3552 on: September 29, 2018, 06:43:35 PM »

What a nice fall day it was!

Nice day for tooling around in your truck.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3553 on: September 29, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »

I wasted about 2 hours setting up a new HP wireless printer.  Instructions helped but one better be a little intuitive.  My modem/wifi has 2 speeds.  I have computer and phone set to grab the 5G one if its working.  Yeah, I have Buckeye.  Well the printer only operates on the slower one I guess and it wouldn't connect with the computer or phone so I changed wifi in both to the some one the printer used and it worked. Now I need to remember that.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3554 on: September 30, 2018, 10:06:56 AM »

Electronics are amazing but dumb and people aren't much better....lol  I sometimes winder what would happen if all of a sudden, the electronics we have no longer worked.  Wouldn't that be interesting?
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239   Go Up