MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What did you see out your window today ?

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 239   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you see out your window today ?  (Read 187275 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: What did you see out your window today ?
« Reply #3495 on: September 13, 2018, 08:39:18 AM »

A huge hawk out in the back yard sitting right on the ground.  It flew when the dog went out.  It must be time they're starting to migrate.  This is the time of year they got into our duck pen one year.

I can hear something running in the hay field next door so I assume they're cutting hay but I haven't actually seen anything...

and as I was typing that I saw the John Deere self propelled haybine go by.  No idea who that belongs to although a friend of mine used to have one like that.  He lives over west of Ida on Lulu and I don't normally see him over here.  I'll finish my coffee and walk out to see who it is. 

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3496 on: September 14, 2018, 09:09:00 AM »

A foggy morning!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3497 on: September 14, 2018, 10:12:28 AM »

yea it was so foggy that the air was saturated with moisture to where i got wet walking to the paper box

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3498 on: September 15, 2018, 08:02:42 AM »

yea it was so foggy that the air was saturated with moisture to where i got wet walking to the paper box

Not much better this morning...   still plenty of fog.

At least we're not under a hurricane though!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3499 on: September 15, 2018, 08:47:15 AM »

I've been near Tuscaloosa the past week and it must be in a good "staging" location for power contractors and tree services to move in after the hurricane clears in the Carolina's.  The trucks are in every hotel parking lot.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3500 on: September 15, 2018, 08:55:56 AM »

I've been near Tuscaloosa the past week and it must be in a good "staging" location for power contractors and tree services to move in after the hurricane clears in the Carolina's.  The trucks are in every hotel parking lot.

I learned last year right about now that trying to 'stage' until the hurricane has diminished can be a bit tricky.  Hurricanes are so unpredictable and no matter how much and how close we watch them they pretty much go wherever they want to. 

I saw on the 11 pm news that there have already been some fatalities in the first strike zone and highly likely there will be more discovered once people start returning. 

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3501 on: September 15, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »

My guess is that is why they are staging far away.......all points of the Carolina area are reachable from the connecting highways via Atlanta.  I'm just guessing......I'd imagine all those points from here in that region are reachable in several hours which would allow them time to divert if need be.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3502 on: September 15, 2018, 09:30:15 AM »

Yes, there is such a thing as arriving on the scene too early.

I would think utility repair would be considered 2nd or even 3rd responders.

The big issue I found in getting down to Florida 'too soon' was that many of the roads were still blocked with storm debris (mostly downed trees and power lines...   I guess the power lines wouldn't be an issue to them) and the ones that weren't blocked were plugged with cars trying to return or just get down there (like me). 

First responders most likely either stayed there or would be military units arriving to support local efforts of FD and LE. 

Get there too soon and you become part of the problem.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3503 on: September 15, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »

Makes sense.....stagger the appropriate resources in at the right time.  I'm sure this is a fine tuned process.

Noticed just a while ago that big trailered industrial generators with diesel tankers following behind them are moving through the area.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3504 on: September 16, 2018, 07:40:53 AM »

The emergency response group my nephew is part of went to Charlotte last Sunday.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3505 on: September 16, 2018, 08:47:38 AM »

Lots of sunshine and just a bit of haze.  May be left from our fire last night.  The air feels dryer this morning too so maybe the humidity is moving off us. 

Still too early to say for sure where the remnants of the hurricane will track when it loops back to the northeast.  We may or may not get some foul weather from that. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3506 on: September 16, 2018, 08:48:51 AM »

The emergency response group my nephew is part of went to Charlotte last Sunday.

Neat!   When they're leaving do they have any idea how long they can expect to be gone?

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3507 on: September 16, 2018, 08:50:29 AM »

It would make sense to prepare like the military would and stage/surround the enemy from the North, South, and West.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3508 on: September 16, 2018, 11:09:55 AM »

No communication from him regarding location or activities. Just like Houston or Puerto Rico adventures.. Must be run by military experts..
And regarding the Puerto Rico death count he thinks it's all political. He didn't witness anything in the 2 weeks he was there. A person here and there.. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3509 on: September 17, 2018, 09:43:38 AM »

Another gorgeous morning!

This string has to be running short I would think.  Hopefully we don't have to pay too much once the tropical depression finally does get up this far!!!

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 239   Go Up