MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Businesses Closings

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76   Go Down

Author Topic: Businesses Closings  (Read 121209 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Businesses Closings
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 01:51:56 PM »

The plan is to head there for supper tonight at The Fuzz Household.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Kingsley

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 02:27:38 PM »

I don't get this comment.  I've been thru Monroe in the evenings and see that the parking lots are pretty full at all the restaurants.   A couple of months ago I went to the Mich B&G and it was packed.

What part are you having problems with? Monroe won't support anything out of the ordinary. Middle Eastern cuisine, Indian cuisine, Cuban, etc. Typical of small towns where residents are stuck on traditional American cuisine. Throw in pizza as well.
Glad to hear Shish is not closing. May go there tonight as well.

PXaiver

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 02:57:13 PM »

Damn, I'm at work and won't get home until around 11 so I guess that's not going to be dinner tonight.

The Original Riv

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »

I had heard shish-ka-bob was closing somewhere other than here, which is what prompted me to ask.  They could be, who knows, maybe the guy just doesn't want to announce it.   :-\

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 11:56:06 AM »

I'm going there for lunch. Support unique businesses, dammit.
your mom goes to college.

El Guapo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »

Support all Monroe businesses!  I've lived in a lot of cities in my life, but I've never lived in a city like Monroe where the citizens seem to hate their city and the businesses in it.  We talk so poorly about our businesses, hospitals, schools, parks, everything.  Yet we gripe when we don't have choices.  So everyone goes to Ann Arbor, Detroit or Toledo.  What do we expect.  Love the place you live and make it a better place!  If more people spend here than more businesses will come.  The competition will make them all better!  When we don't support, the good ones leave and we're left with poorly run stores that are desperate and cut corners.  ----disclaimer...not all of them, this is just a general statement to highlight my point!

PXaiver

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 05:54:18 PM »

Support all Monroe businesses!  I've lived in a lot of cities in my life, but I've never lived in a city like Monroe where the citizens seem to hate their city and the businesses in it.  We talk so poorly about our businesses, hospitals, schools, parks, everything.  Yet we gripe when we don't have choices.  So everyone goes to Ann Arbor, Detroit or Toledo.  What do we expect.  Love the place you live and make it a better place!  If more people spend here than more businesses will come.  The competition will make them all better!  When we don't support, the good ones leave and we're left with poorly run stores that are desperate and cut corners.  ----disclaimer...not all of them, this is just a general statement to highlight my point!

I agree and with the exception of the occasional lunch at work, I work in Ann Arbor, I spend at Monroe County businesses as much as possible.

Pawson7

• Active Talker
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 07:24:32 PM »

I love the owners of TJ's they are super nice people. Sad to see another business in this town closing. Good luck to them in whatever comes next for them.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »

Buy Local Campaign
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SimpleMan

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »

What part are you having problems with? Monroe won't support anything out of the ordinary. Middle Eastern cuisine, Indian cuisine, Cuban, etc. Typical of small towns where residents are stuck on traditional American cuisine. Throw in pizza as well.
Glad to hear Shish is not closing. May go there tonight as well.

I have a solution for you. You desire exotic food. Monroe is is within easy driving distance of either Detroit Metro or Toledo Express airports. You want Cuban food? Book tickets to the Florida Keys. You want authentic Indian or Middle Eaatern cuisine, book the large city of your choice. Monroe isn't big enough, isn't diverse enough, to support your exotic palate.

I will say, for Middle Eaastern cuisine, you don't need to hop on a plane. Dearborn Michigan is only about 45 minutes from Monroe, and if you want Middle Eastern cuisine, that's the place to be.

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »

Went to Shish today. Delicious food, really.

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 07:56:17 PM »

Back on topic, I notice Nena's Tacos went under.... :(

PXaiver

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »

I didn't even know there was such a place.  Were they good?

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »

I didn't even know there was such a place.  Were they good?

By my account...... NO!

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 01:11:15 AM »

Nobody liked them except for me and the wife, it seems. They had really good traditional tacos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76   Go Up